Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-10-2008, 03:32 PM   #31
bluedolph1n
Mouseketeer

Love reading your pre trip report, I will be there around the same time.
we are going 9 May to the Princess and Pirates party!
Old 02-18-2008, 10:14 AM   #32
stagemomx3
DIS Veteran

Gotta love a wedding trip report, I'm in.

Was that picture of you and your friend at a Medieval Dinner? We did that when we went to Disneyland, it was a lot of fun.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-19-2008, 09:23 AM   #33
disneygirlinnj
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stagemomx3 View Post
Gotta love a wedding trip report, I'm in.

Was that picture of you and your friend at a Medieval Dinner? We did that when we went to Disneyland, it was a lot of fun.
Thanks for joining everyone!

The pic was taken at Medieval Times in NJ. I know there's a few of them around the country. Sounds like the same thing?
Old 03-13-2008, 03:00 PM   #34
disneygirlinnj
DIS Veteran

Hey everyone! I know I've been gone for over a month but work has been crazy!! I have to catch up on everyones reports and stuff.

So not TOOOO much news to report...I don't think..lets see...

I think I mentioned that we made all of our dinner reservations. I think we're only going to do the two main parks while we're there (MK and Epcot). We're not HUGE fans of MGM (hollywood studios? lol) so we're not missing much. And my dad for some reason isn't a huge fan of AK, although I like it a lot.

So our reservations are at Chefs de France, Le Cellier, and Teppan Edo for dinner. Yeah..I know they're all at Epcot but... we really don't enjoy the sit downs at MK. We also have breakfasts at Kona and Ohana. Yayyy! Tonga toast and REALLLLL coffee!

I most likely won't be joining my dad and step mom for dinner at Teppan Edo though. Why, you ask? Because I'm going to go to the Pirate & Princess party with my friend Sarah! She told me today she can most likely make it. I think even if she can't make it though, I'm going to go to the party solo. Just to get a pic with Jack. That in itself MIGHT be worth the $45!

We also agreed to get dressed up for the P&PP. And seriously?! Why can't I find any decent pirate costumes for women? Everything I find I doubt would be allowed into the parks. The sexy costumes are cute but umm... I wouldn't want to have parents explain to their children why there are naked pirate wenches running around Disney! I think I've narrowed the costumes down to two or three. I'll post them on here another day so you guys can vote which one I should attempt to get. They're the longest ones I could find that wouldn't make me overheat in May weather!

Hmm...what else... OH! So the whole hotel thing fell through. Not sure if I misunderstood Lisa or things changed, but hotel isn't taken care of! haha! I talked to my dad, since they're staying at the Poly and he offered to let me stay in their room with them. Usually when we go away, we get separate rooms but I can't justify paying $1200 - $1500 for a room by myself at the Poly, or stay at Pop or another value alone would be a pain getting around and meeting them. So thanks dad for letting me stay with you!

And I think that's it for now! Off to go catch up on some trippies!
Old 03-13-2008, 03:02 PM   #35
disneygirlinnj
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedolph1n View Post
Love reading your pre trip report, I will be there around the same time.
we are going 9 May to the Princess and Pirates party!
Oh! I missed your post before!! I'm going to the party on the 9th too! Maybe we'll run into each other! And heading over to your pre trip right now.....
Old 03-13-2008, 03:11 PM   #36
Hedy
I'm 22 27 and I still kind of stammer
If you're old enough to hold a job, you're old enough to not burn popcorn

Ooh, Poly!
Looking forward to a PPP report.
I'm having a similarly hard time finding an Ariel costume that isn't dirty.
4/93-Dixie Landings*12/96-Dixie Landings*2/02-POR*DLR-8/05-Royal Stovall's Inn*3/06-POR*12/07-POFQ**8/08-POP/Dolphin*10/09-POFQSwan 12/10*Podcast cruise 12/10*AKV 8/11*AoA 1/13*AoA 4/13 Universal: 7/08 HRH, 7/09 RPR, 8/10 RPR
*A vegetarian and pescetarian do Disney dining 12/07*Hedy and the Carnivores 08/08*Hedy and Lexie Rock Vegas 12/08*
'Ohana means family. Family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten

Old 03-13-2008, 03:12 PM   #37
disneygirlinnj
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedy View Post
Ooh, Poly!
Looking forward to a PPP report.
I'm having a similarly hard time finding an Ariel costume that isn't dirty.
haha...too funny! I remember one time when I was looking for costumes I found dirty versions of all the princesses. made me laugh!
Old 03-13-2008, 04:13 PM   #38
tinkerbell87512
I would love to hear all about these secrets!

Ohhh Lucky you to be staying at the Poly! I can only dream.

I'm looking forward to the P&P party too! Hopefully we can get picks with Capt Jack! I'm crossing my fingers that the lines arent too long.

Good luck finding a costume. I've been reading other TR's and other girls are having the same problem.

Getting close now! Month after next!

June 1992 August 2000 February 2002 July 2004 July 2005 June 2006 July 2007 October 2007 May 2008 & DCL November 2008 May 2009 Sept/Oct 2010 & DCL November 2011 August 2013 October 2013 Tower of Terror 10 Miler!
Old 03-14-2008, 08:33 AM   #39
disneygirlinnj
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell87512 View Post
Ohhh Lucky you to be staying at the Poly! I can only dream.

I'm looking forward to the P&P party too! Hopefully we can get picks with Capt Jack! I'm crossing my fingers that the lines arent too long.

Good luck finding a costume. I've been reading other TR's and other girls are having the same problem.

Getting close now! Month after next!
ohhh it's getting so close!!! I hear the trick is to get on line for the 7pm opening of the meet at like 6:15-ish. You won't really miss much since the party doesn't start until 7 and then you're over and done with your pic with Jack!

I definitely have to thank dad for the whole Poly thing again. I might be an 'adult' at 27 but still don't want to splurge to pay for the poly!
Old 03-24-2008, 06:16 AM   #40
TKDisneylover
LOVES Sorcerer Mickey! Loves riding Spaceship Earth. Wants you to have a Zip A Dee Doo Dah, Zip A Dee Day....

Okay, I've been a little behind on TR's also, now I'm caught up on yours. Sorry to hear the hotel thing didn't go through, but yea Dad for the Poly, SWEET!!

Can't wait to see the costumes you've picked out!

POP Century-2008; Animal Kingdom Lodge-2007; Caribbean Beach-2004; Off grounds-2002 (never again); Port Orleans (Dixie Landings)-2001; All-Star Movies-1999; All-Star Sports-1998
Old 03-26-2008, 03:13 PM   #41
disneygirlinnj
DIS Veteran

OK, so I finally bought my ticket today for the Pirate & Princess Party. Just talked to Sarah and she said she'll probably buy hers today or tomorrow too.

Can I tell you HOW MAD I AM FOR NOT BUYING A STUPID ANNUAL PASS ON MY LAST TRIP!?!? ugh! I'm just picturing all the discounts I COULD be getting right now.

OK...so now on to pirate costumes... I'll post the pics in another post..
Old 03-26-2008, 03:23 PM   #42
disneygirlinnj
DIS Veteran

OK, so I'm going to have to post small pictures on here b/c the enlarged pics of all the costumes are HUGE!

I think this one might be too short... BUT... it actually covers my top half..haha

Again...this one might be short... but it comes with the spiffy hat..

this one won't be so 'sexy' without the boots... and there's no way i'm running around MK in heels... so this is a possibility...

yet another short one... ugh!

and last but not least..for now..

I need to dig around some more. They had a CUTE pants one...but it was LONG sleeves, LONG pants, and heavy velvet... and I don't see myself running around in the Florida weather with that whole getup on!

Obviously I won't be wearing the sexy boots... I have a pair of flat black shoes I'll wear... or I'll be the first pirate wench in flip flops.

Blah...any thoughts?
Old 03-26-2008, 03:33 PM   #43
Hedy
I'm 22 27 and I still kind of stammer
If you're old enough to hold a job, you're old enough to not burn popcorn

What about getting a thirft store skirt and shirt and ripping them up?
4/93-Dixie Landings*12/96-Dixie Landings*2/02-POR*DLR-8/05-Royal Stovall's Inn*3/06-POR*12/07-POFQ**8/08-POP/Dolphin*10/09-POFQSwan 12/10*Podcast cruise 12/10*AKV 8/11*AoA 1/13*AoA 4/13 Universal: 7/08 HRH, 7/09 RPR, 8/10 RPR
*A vegetarian and pescetarian do Disney dining 12/07*Hedy and the Carnivores 08/08*Hedy and Lexie Rock Vegas 12/08*
'Ohana means family. Family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten

Old 03-26-2008, 03:38 PM   #44
Camster0307
DIS Veteran

Oh my - someone looking to "score" with Captain Jack?

I'm sure any of those costumes will look less provacative without fishnets and high heels - - but will they be comfortable enough to wear all night? That's what my fear would be - costume being too restricting or too hot!

I wore a pirate costume about 4 years ago to MNSSHP - was a one-piece made to look like a 2 piece: black off the shoulder top and bold black & white stripe flowy skirt. I wore black flipflops and was sooo comfortable!

So that being said - I like #3 (looks more comfortable) or #4 (doesn't look like you'd be too hot wearing it & I mean "hot" in a bad way!)
Old 03-26-2008, 08:53 PM   #45
disneygirlinnj
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camster0307 View Post
Oh my - someone looking to "score" with Captain Jack?

I'm sure any of those costumes will look less provacative without fishnets and high heels - - but will they be comfortable enough to wear all night? That's what my fear would be - costume being too restricting or too hot!

I wore a pirate costume about 4 years ago to MNSSHP - was a one-piece made to look like a 2 piece: black off the shoulder top and bold black & white stripe flowy skirt. I wore black flipflops and was sooo comfortable!

So that being said - I like #3 (looks more comfortable) or #4 (doesn't look like you'd be too hot wearing it & I mean "hot" in a bad way!)

hahaha! actually right after I posted all the pics I googled again and found another 'normal' looking costume with a long skirt and off the shoulder just like you described. I believe it was a one piece too. I liked it a lot and it was cheap! I'll try to find the pic again (i saved it on my work laptop) and I'll post it here.

I just thought some of them were entertaining. I totally should have posted some of the other ones that they had just for a good laugh! Apparently there was no such thing as a frumpy covered up pirate wench! did you know Playboy has their own line of halloween costumes? yup...and a pirate wench is one of the options.. haha

And if all else fails, I'm going to take Hedy's suggestion and make one myself!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: