Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Sea World / Discovery Cove
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-17-2012, 10:42 AM   #376
orca91
Earning My Ears

When I went with my family. I had a blast. It was amazing, the dolphin encounter was neat. The reef was amazing. Love seeing all the animals. Was a good place for younger kids to play in the sand and to see the animals. The younger kids can't do the dolphin encounter, but they can stand on the rocks next to it and watch the older ones do it.
orca91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 03:36 PM   #377
brinkley07
Earning My Ears

We were married at DC in 2010. The special occasions staff was amazing and the entire park staff were wonderful. Entry fee includes breakfast, lunch, snacks, and almost all non alcoholic beverages. We also went back in 2011, and loved the new changes they made. I would recommend DC to anyone. They charge extra for a cabana, but it's worth it if you enjoy having some quiet time. We had one at the dolphin area and loved watching them all day. I would also recommend doing the Snuba as it is a great experience. We did have ages 6 and up go with us and everyone loved the dolphin experience, but 6 was the youngest age allowed for the dolphin swims at the time. If you have a special experience I would recommend contacting the special occasion staff and looking into how they can enhance your time at the park.
brinkley07 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-12-2012, 05:48 PM   #378
PrincessBelle39
DIS Veteran

I did Discovery Cove on 8 August 2012 with DH, DD7 and DD10. This was definitely the absolute highlight of our trip. We arrived about 8am, lined up and it was about 8.20 by the time we checked in. Their computer was down so they had to give us a temporary id. We were given a 9.35 dolphin swim. Had breakfast and by the time we had got our vests and snorkels, it was time for our swim. We had tossed up whether to get a cabana and in the end decided not too. Absolutely the right decision for us. At about 11.30 we went looking for some deck chairs and still had our choice of chairs in the shade. To be honest though, we were probably lucky to spend 20 minutes using them. We were in the water enjoying everything for the entire day. Breakfast left a little to be desired, but lunch was really good. I'm vegetarian so had the lobster salad, citrus salad and some fries. DH and the kids had burgers, fried chicken and hotdogs between them, followed by dessert.
September 2005 - Disneyland, Desert Palms Inn & Suites
August 1999 - Disneyland, Park Vue Inn
February 1996 - Disneyland, Carousel Inn
November 1994 - Disneyland Paris
PrincessBelle39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 09:44 PM   #379
jayster263
Earning My Ears

Just Booked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy B View Post
The absoluete best.

We went in August 2001 and it was the highlight of our tenth anniversary trip.

I'm going to dredge up my trip reports and post those for you...
We are booked for 8/29....I cannot wait! I saw the videos on youtube, travel channel and the Orlando tourist internet site and I was floored.

We did the Dolphin thing back in Mexico last year, so we opted for the all inclusive day package without the dolphin swin. They also give you a one day access to Seaworld or Aquatica if you book it, so we got a great deal ($160 ea) for the three of us (wife, son , myself) I will post after our trip (4 days in Unversal RPH and Holiday Inn resort LBV)
jayster263 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 02:56 PM   #380
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayster263 View Post
We are booked for 8/29....I cannot wait!
We are there the same day as you .

Hopefully the possible Hurricane Isaac doesn't rain on our parade!!

Jan. 2009....onsite at POR: all 4 Disney Parks
Jan. 2012....offsite on I-Drive: Universal Studios, IOA, SeaWorld, & Discovery Cove
Aug. 2012...Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa: Aquatica, Discovery Cove, and more
Dec. 2012...onsite at SW! Christmas week at SeaWorld, Aquatica, Gatorland, airboats, & holiday fun
**Christmas 2012 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3041415
Aug. 2013....Sheraton Vistana Resort: Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Cocoa Beach & more! **August 2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3167818

Aug. 2014.....SVR, SW, DC, AQ, TL, Daytona & MORE! **August 2014 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=51863899

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 07:45 PM   #381
edamethyst
can't wait for our next visit to Harry Potter World

We did Discovery Cove on August 13 and it was a blast...we had done the dolphin swim last time so we didn't do it this time. it was a great day we all loved it. The otters are soo cute and the monkeys were great....both are most active in the mornings.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: