Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Sea World / Discovery Cove
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-20-2007, 06:03 PM   #181
TyNicJen
Mouseketeer

It sound great. What does it cost with the dolphin swim now and is the food included?
TyNicJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 07:11 PM   #182
mrsklamc
I apologize in advance, but what is a click clack?

The price depends on the season- I believe it ranges from $249 to $279, and sometimes you can find a discount code if you dig around online. Ours was $220 including tax. (low season + discount code.) Included is a welcome photo, snorkel and use of a mask, parking, a sample of dolphin-safe sunscreen, continental breakfast, lunch served anytime from 11-3, and any snacks and drinks you want. Drinks available were various pepsi products/ bottled water, hot chocolate, anheiser busch products, and coffee. There may have been others but that's what I saw. Snacks were chips, cookies, crackers, etc. in individual bags.
mrsklamc is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-20-2007, 09:37 PM   #183
TyNicJen
Mouseketeer

Thanks! What is the low season? Like Disney? Where do you find the codes?
I'm hoping to go either this year or next so it's time to start the research. Thanks for all the help!
All the food and drink were included? Sounds like a great day! Did you also get to go to Seaworld for 7 days? I heard that was included anytime you book.
Old 01-21-2007, 12:18 PM   #184
mrsklamc
I apologize in advance, but what is a click clack?

I imagine the seasons are probably similar to Disney's, but their website will tell you for sure. Someone had posted that they had codes on the Discovery Cove area of the DIS and I just PM'd them. I believe the thread is still there as "New Discount out for Discovery Cove"
mrsklamc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 10:51 AM   #185
Lorix2
Pixie and Dylan's mom
You can only get so creative with green beans
Loves when things work out just right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules123 View Post
I would love to surprise my family with a DC trip while we're in Florida this summer. We have a 2 year old and a 5 year old. Would they enjoy it? What would our 2 year old be able to do?
My kids are much older, but I know if I had kids the ages of yours, I know they would have fun playing in the sand by the resort pool. It's a zero depth entry beautifully landscaped pool with a sandy shore. The photo ops are plentiful throughout the park as well.

They can wade in to the snorkeling pool, fish swim right in between and around you at the ankles as you stand there, I was never hit by any of them and they are so gorgeous. With the life vests and wet suits, they can go in any water way with you, the lazy river is so cool too, as is the bird aviary with a huge peacock and a fawn that runs around.

I believe kids have to be 6 y/o to interact with the dolphins, but you can watch the interactions all day long as the dolphins jump and twirl and obey commands of the trainer.

I wouldn't let their ages stop me from going as you will enjoy just being there and lunch is extremely good as well, they even had live music while we ate.

This place is worth every penny and the highlight of our trip in 2005.
Dolphin & Marriott Grande Vista April 2005
Marriott Grande Vista - April 2003
Sheraton Vistana Villages - April 2002
Lorix2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 12:22 PM   #186
DiscoverUSF
Earning My Ears

The twiligh session was the way to go for us. We enjoy ALL the benefits and dinner was included. They had a wonderful spread and live entertainment. It really sets the mood at sundown.
Old 01-28-2007, 03:04 PM   #187
SharonLowe
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tam012864 View Post
Can someone tell me about the "lazy river" Is it like the one at Typhoon Lagoon where you get in inner tubes...or what??? Any help is greatly appreciated!!!
There are no innertubes but they do have some noodles you can use - get them at the beginning. And, lazy river is a misnomer - they call it the Tropical River Swim. There are places where it is very deep and you do have to swim to get through it all. You can get off in places to see the birds and things. There are no fish but there are a few "treasures" under the water. Watch your toes in shallow water - easy to stub them on some of those treasures.

Dream Cruise - August 2012, Poly - June 2012, WWOHP - November 2011, Wonder Cruise - November 2010, Poly - April 2010, July 2009, AKL - October 2008, AKL - November 2007, AKL and CR - June 2007, NH and RPR - October 2006, AKL - May 2006, WL - July 2005, AKL - October 2004, AKL - August 2003. AKL - April 2002, OKW - August 2001
And many more....
SharonLowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 03:06 PM   #188
SharonLowe
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciship View Post
I know that they just started to include breakfast. Does anyone know what they serve?

Also, does everyone have to wear the vest or the wet suit, or is it just an "option"?
Yes, everyone must wear one or the other and you cannot use your own; you must use theirs.

Dream Cruise - August 2012, Poly - June 2012, WWOHP - November 2011, Wonder Cruise - November 2010, Poly - April 2010, July 2009, AKL - October 2008, AKL - November 2007, AKL and CR - June 2007, NH and RPR - October 2006, AKL - May 2006, WL - July 2005, AKL - October 2004, AKL - August 2003. AKL - April 2002, OKW - August 2001
And many more....
SharonLowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 09:45 AM   #189
EasyEddie
Earning My Ears

Dolphin swim worth the cost??

Hoping to go to DC next week if we can get the 20% discount code.

If we can, wondering if the dolphin encounter is really worth the extra $100

please give me some feedback.

Thanks all.
EasyEddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 11:56 AM   #190
Louissa
Earning My Ears

Question End of Feb weather?

We are going to DC on 26th Feb and 5th March (my b'day pressie!). When we went last year it was April/May and nice and warm and I'm slightly worried about the park temperature so early in the year. Has anyone else been this time of year and how was the weather? Were you shivering all day or was it warm enough?

Thanks
Louissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 05:55 PM   #191
TyNicJen
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasyEddie View Post
Hoping to go to DC next week if we can get the 20% discount code.

If we can, wondering if the dolphin encounter is really worth the extra $100

please give me some feedback.

Thanks all.
Where do you get the 20% off code? Can you use it for the Dolphin swim?
Old 02-07-2007, 07:22 PM   #192
disneyfreak75
Mouseketeer

I really think it was worth the extra money. I'd rate it as the highlight of our trip!! it is short but fun.
disneyfreak75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 08:20 PM   #193
louey
and she paid alot of money to look like that
Some groups do long distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louissa View Post
We are going to DC on 26th Feb and 5th March (my b'day pressie!). When we went last year it was April/May and nice and warm and I'm slightly worried about the park temperature so early in the year. Has anyone else been this time of year and how was the weather? Were you shivering all day or was it warm enough?

Thanks

We went in December and it was quite chilly that morning like in the 40's but they have heaters throughout the park and the water in the dolphin and coral reef is in the 70's and the river part is in the 80's (like bathwater) ahhhh... It is such a wonderful place. We loved it!!!!!!!! Have FUN!!!

louey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 08:29 AM   #194
d4est
The Tag Fairy is really Ghostbuster Guy in Orange!
Average everyday sane/sick psycho supergoddess
It's just a coinkie-dink

I am already thinking about our 2008 trip. It is going to be a split between Sea World/Discovery Cove & Universal. Probably 2 or 3 days at SW/DC & 4 days at Uni.

The price for the Day experience w/dolphin swim is $259--does that include the "all inclusive" package?

All-Inclusive detail description
  • 30 minute Dolphin-swim session
  • Snorkeling with thousands of tropical fish in the Coral Reef.
  • Wading with the rays in the Ray Lagoon.
  • Hand-feeding birds in the free flight Aviary.
  • Relaxing in the Resort Pool and swimming along the Tropical River.
  • Continental breakfast, sumptuous lunch, plus all snacks and beverages throughout the day.
  • Snorkel gear, swim vest or wet suit, towels, lockers, sunscreen, beach chairs.
  • All day self-parking.
  • Complimentary photo portrait of you and your party as you enter Discovery Cove.
  • Admission to either SeaWorld Orlando or Busch Gardens Tampa Bay* for seven consecutive days. Or a combination pass with admission to both parks for 14 consecutive days for $30 more.

2/11 1st cruise-DCL 4 night Dream~2/10 February Fury wrecks our plans! Did Tampa family visit with Busch Gardens etc~2/09 Hard Rock Hotel and Discovery Cove
12/07 Disney’s AKL & Universal HRH~2/06 Coronado Springs! Totally Awesome!!!~2/05 Universal RPR…FOTL Rocks!!!~2/04 Marriott OWC Sea world/Bush Gardens
2/03 Offsite w/family Sea World~4/1995 Offsite (Timeshare) Sea World & MK

Make your own kind of music, sing your own special song...
d4est is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 01:37 PM   #195
singingpixie
Baby Donor
When I was 5, I was "in love" with Christopher Barnes, the voice of Prince Eric. I thought he lived in a barn.

Hi everyone!
I'm thinking about our honeymoon in August or September '08 (getting married in June, but waiting till value season for the honeymoon). I think DC sounds like a great R&R day, and I've always wanted to swim with dolphins (grew up visiting Sea World San Diego yearly when visiting my grandparents, so I've always loved whales, dolphins, etc).

If I'm going to bill this to my fiance as an "R&R day" though, it's going to have to be a bit of a later start than our usual theme park days. How awful would it be to arrive between 10:30 and 11am? I'd love to hear your experiences about not arriving at opening. Thanks!

Countless trips to Disneyland as a kid (my grandparents live in San Diego)

Trips to WDW in 1995 (week w/ family at All Star Sports), 2004 (1 day w/ friends offsite), 2006 (week w/ former boyfriend at Pop) and 2008 (week w/ Mom at POR).

Next up: Solo trip to San Diego to visit Grandparents (June 09), Pop Century w/ Boyfriend for F&WF and MNSSHP (Oct 09) and a cruise with parents, brother and our significant others (Feb 10)
singingpixie is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: