Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Sea World / Discovery Cove
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-22-2006, 04:48 PM   #151
debi5475
Earning My Ears

Days at SW

I just booked my 3rd trip to Discovery cove, August 16th.

They told me that you can use your 7 days at SW before/after Discovery cove. The days just start counting from when you first activate them. So we will arrive on the 12th, go to seaworld on the 13th, then ours are good till the 20th. Which is when we leave.

I tried to book tickets at Discovery Cove yesterday, they had tickets on the 14, 15, today they were sold out till the 16th.

My goodness.
debi5475 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 09:30 PM   #152
disneyfreak75
Mouseketeer

I had heard that you have to book early. We totally lucked out because we booked while we were in WDW. just so happens that 2 people cancelled (probably due to the hurricane that was predicted to hit orlando while we were there) so we got to go. Must have been fate!
disneyfreak75 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-24-2006, 05:04 AM   #153
tam012864
DIS Veteran

I just booked mine last week for May 30 2007..

tam012864 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 08:30 AM   #154
tnt2cu2
Earning My Ears

Just got back from DC

We went to DC 2 weeks ago, and we loved it so much, at the end of the day on the way out, we signed up to return 2 days later. The first day we did the dolphin interaction, and loved it. But it was something that we didnt want to pay to do again. The actual time was very short, but we still loved it.

Everything was taken care of, towels, vests, wetsuits, food and drinks. The second day we showed up with nothing more than our swim suits and cover ups and sunscreen. (our credit card info was still on file to shop with).

Our 6 year old son loved it and had a great time feeding the rays, and snorkeling. Seeing the sharks behind glass in the coral reef was amazing. My husband loved the lazy river (water was warmer and no fish) He said it was relaxing, I thougt it was okay, and wanted the interaction with fish.

If anything bad could be said, I guess it would be the staff (lifeguards, animal experts, and cleanup staff) could have been nicer. I understand it is a job for them, and they were cordial, but that was about all. And we were kicked alot in the reef area due to people learning to snorkel, or diving down to grab the rays wings (WHICH WAS NOT ALLOWED). A few times I had a persons booty in my face due to small traffic jam in one area or another. It was not due to crowding in the park itself, it wasnt empty, but definatly not overcrowded. We had trouble finding a table when we went to eat, but we just walked around until the area cleared out some. It was crowded in the table area due to thunderstorms.

But overall it was so wonderful and we loved it so much. And if for no other reason than seeing my sons face when a 5 foot ray swam next to him, and him snorkeling for the first time and seeing a shark and not knowing glass was seperating us. LOLOLOLOL

I hope this is helpful to someone. Happy travels.
tnt2cu2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 02:06 PM   #155
Dislifer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnt2cu2
We went to DC 2 weeks ago, and we loved it so much, at the end of the day on the way out, we signed up to return 2 days later. The first day we did the dolphin interaction, and loved it. But it was something that we didnt want to pay to do again. The actual time was very short, but we still loved it.

Everything was taken care of, towels, vests, wetsuits, food and drinks. The second day we showed up with nothing more than our swim suits and cover ups and sunscreen. (our credit card info was still on file to shop with).

Our 6 year old son loved it and had a great time feeding the rays, and snorkeling. Seeing the sharks behind glass in the coral reef was amazing. My husband loved the lazy river (water was warmer and no fish) He said it was relaxing, I thougt it was okay, and wanted the interaction with fish.

If anything bad could be said, I guess it would be the staff (lifeguards, animal experts, and cleanup staff) could have been nicer. I understand it is a job for them, and they were cordial, but that was about all. And we were kicked alot in the reef area due to people learning to snorkel, or diving down to grab the rays wings (WHICH WAS NOT ALLOWED). A few times I had a persons booty in my face due to small traffic jam in one area or another. It was not due to crowding in the park itself, it wasnt empty, but definatly not overcrowded. We had trouble finding a table when we went to eat, but we just walked around until the area cleared out some. It was crowded in the table area due to thunderstorms.

But overall it was so wonderful and we loved it so much. And if for no other reason than seeing my sons face when a 5 foot ray swam next to him, and him snorkeling for the first time and seeing a shark and not knowing glass was seperating us. LOLOLOLOL

I hope this is helpful to someone. Happy travels.

It's helpful to me!!! Sounds fantastic! Thank you for sharing your experience! I can't wait!!! You know what would be soooooo sad???? What if they had to cancel it because of bad weather???!!! That would be awful!!! I mean we are traveling from CT and really looking forward to swimming with the dolphins and ugh!!! Ok, Ok...positive thinking I know!!!
Thanks and I'm glad you and your group had a great time!
Old 08-08-2006, 10:46 AM   #156
craZ4diznee
Earning My Ears

Discovery Cove Trip w/kids

Hi there, We are going down the week after Thanksgiving as we do every year. We are going to try DC for the 1st time with our 8 and 4 year old. My husband plans to take the 8 year old swimming w/the dolphins, while I hang out with the 4 year old. If I buy tickets without the dolphin swim, will we be able to access everything else...like the reef, beaches, etc.?

craZ4diznee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 04:30 PM   #157
tmq2766
Please stand up before exiting...bye bye

You have access to "EVERYTHING".... We did it about 4 years ago with the dolphin swim.. This year we are considering going back and spending the day there and enjoying everything without the dolphin encounter... It is soooooo worth the $$$$.. Be prepared to pay big $ for pictures though... how can you say no... I know I couldn't!!!
Old 08-11-2006, 08:59 PM   #158
Dislifer
DIS Veteran

We just went on our Dolphin encounter at Discovery Cove on Thursday. It was the best day of our vacation. The place is beautiful and they really seem to manage everything to perfection. After going there, I do NOT think it is unreasonably expensive. The price included tickets to SeaWorld (which by themself for one day is approx. $62), breakfast, lunch, all snacks and drinks during the day.
I was so happy to find out that they had (at no additional charge) perscription goggles. This made my day!!! My contacts were bothering me, so I was wearing glasses. First, I tried wearing the goggles over the glasses, but this was not working out too good. Then one of the employees told me that perscription goggles were available. The girl working there simply looked at my lenses and knew my perscription!!! It was great-I could see!!!
I loved the dolphin encounter but I equally loved snorkeling with the tropical fish and stingrays. It was awesome!!!
Old 08-31-2006, 10:43 AM   #159
iHEARTflorida
DIS Veteran

im looking in to DC and its says stuff about a photo ID can u just take your passport???

WDW Trips DL July 2010 DLRP Sept 2012

5 Weeks, 4 States and 3874 Miles around California and the Southwest Roadtrip here
iHEARTflorida is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 10:48 AM   #160
bazzanoid
where'sthespacebar?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iHEARTflorida
im looking in to DC and its says stuff about a photo ID can u just take your passport???
Certainly can - it has your name, photo and date of birth so it qualifies
bazzanoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 10:49 AM   #161
iHEARTflorida
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dislifer
The price included tickets to SeaWorld (which by themself for one day is approx. $62), breakfast, lunch, all snacks and drinks during the day.

I was so happy to find out that they had (at no additional charge) perscription goggles.The girl working there simply looked at my lenses and knew my perscription!!! It was great-I could see!!!
I loved the dolphin encounter but I equally loved snorkeling with the tropical fish and stingrays. It was awesome!!!
Dislifer, i wanting to go to DC and i tohu if was just lunch included in the price, i didnt know there was breakfast too????

perscription goggles, where do i go??? i was thinking i cant reallyl wear my contacts, and glasses would get annoying, perscription googles tell me more please

so i just bring my glasses a long with me and they will give me p. goggles, my mum wears glasses too will they give her p. goggles and do they let you keep them?

PLUS i cant find the email addy to email DC, does anyone have it???

WDW Trips DL July 2010 DLRP Sept 2012

5 Weeks, 4 States and 3874 Miles around California and the Southwest Roadtrip here

Last edited by iHEARTflorida; 08-31-2006 at 10:54 AM.
iHEARTflorida is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 07:27 PM   #162
FLParadisevilla
DIS Veteran

Love it

We went to Discovery Cove in March 2004, I was getting married the next day and this was my bachorlett party!
We loved it completly!!! I think it was one of the best days! Who needs a stripper when you get to kiss a dolphin!
FLParadisevilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 01:11 AM   #163
highlander447
It's a dirty job but someones gotta do it
Poor ghostbusters, no one goes to see them anymore
We stumbled upon Universal & now we love it

Quote:
Dislifer, i wanting to go to DC and i tohu if was just lunch included in the price, i didnt know there was breakfast too????

perscription goggles, where do i go??? i was thinking i cant reallyl wear my contacts, and glasses would get annoying, perscription googles tell me more please

so i just bring my glasses a long with me and they will give me p. goggles, my mum wears glasses too will they give her p. goggles and do they let you keep them?

Hi heres an email contact DCO-GuestRelations@DiscoveryCove.com

highlander447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 05:08 AM   #164
Dislifer
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Yes there is breakfast too! Bagels, pastries, coffee, juice...that kind of thing. We really weren't interested so didn't stay too long to eat breakfast...we wanted to go see what there was to see!!!

The perscription goggles were great! Just ask anyone who works their and they will direct you as to where you should go to get them...it's no big deal, it won't take you any time at all! You don't have to do it in advance or anything.
You cannot keep the perscription goggles or the regular ones.
Have fun! If you have any other questions, ask away!!!
Old 09-01-2006, 07:08 AM   #165
bazzanoid
where'sthespacebar?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dislifer
Yes there is breakfast too! Bagels, pastries, coffee, juice...that kind of thing. We really weren't interested so didn't stay too long to eat breakfast...we wanted to go see what there was to see!!!

Yummmmmmmm.. i was contemplating how i was going to get up early enough to have breakfast before going, but now i don't need to worry
bazzanoid is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: