Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-23-2010, 10:42 PM   #766
PennyLou
Pluto's Pal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipodluvr287 View Post
Kinda random, but why is it that they only bring Meg (Megara) out when they're training new cast members? I heard from someone else that that is the only time they bring her out.
Well they are bring her out to train her in the role and then once she is traind she does Fant.. its the only reason they train Megs anymore as they don't bring any of the others out from that movie ever and I'm pretty sure don't even train Herk anymore, if so there is like one person who can do him. But there are a few mags and they still train her because she is in Fant
Old 02-23-2010, 10:45 PM   #767
3redhedgirls
Mouseketeer

Dancer Auditions

I see Disney is having dancer auditions on March 19th. Does anyone know what goes on during this audition and how long it may last? Thanks in advance for any info.
88 Hilton DT
90 Yacht Club
95 Hyatt Cypress/CBR
98 Swan
97 Wilderness Lodge
00 Hilton DTD
04 Allstar Music
06 Port Orleans Riverside
08 POP Century
12 AllStar Music
3redhedgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-23-2010, 10:59 PM   #768
Berlioz70
DIS Veteran

Dancer auditions are for equity.

They will teach everyone a quick and technical ballet routine, then make cuts. I would say that out of 100+ girls they kept about 12. I was there for maybe an hour, it was very quick, and was cut after the first round.
Old 02-23-2010, 11:08 PM   #769
3redhedgirls
Mouseketeer

Wow....Brutal huh? Equity?, does that mean you have to be a member of some sort of union/guild to audition?
Thanks!
88 Hilton DT
90 Yacht Club
95 Hyatt Cypress/CBR
98 Swan
97 Wilderness Lodge
00 Hilton DTD
04 Allstar Music
06 Port Orleans Riverside
08 POP Century
12 AllStar Music
3redhedgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 11:41 PM   #770
SandrA9810
DIS Veteran

No, but it gets you chance to be in the union.

equity does more shows/singing/dance stuff... they don't ever do meet and greets. So it's way more competive to get into.
SandrA9810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 11:56 PM   #771
SandrA9810
DIS Veteran

Aladdin is another wigged male, and Peter Pan, Christopher Robin, Jack Sparrow.

Usually any one over 6' is looked for during auditions for star wars weekend (assuming the march auditions), Darth Vadar, storm stroopers, and other characters are all over 6' tall. But most the time, 6' is as tall as they go for the regular characters - Goofy, Baloo, Captian Hook, Beast...
And from what I learned, even if you can fit Baloo or Beast or some other larger character, you have to be able to fit one of the main characters like Goofy. I knew some one that got rejected because he didn't look right in goofy.
Old 02-24-2010, 12:00 AM   #772
bellaDisneydncr
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipodluvr287 View Post
Kinda random, but why is it that they only bring Meg (Megara) out when they're training new cast members? I heard from someone else that that is the only time they bring her out.
That's what I've heard. I know that she doesn't come out much at all. This may sound off topic but i swear it's not lol- but i dressed as Meg at the last MNSSHP. All I kept hearing from CM's and Character Handlers was "Well it's nice to finally see you out and about again, Meg." lol it was fun

Stop by the Fantasyland Forest... I'll tell you some enchanting tales!
bellaDisneydncr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 01:10 AM   #773
barbiecruiser
Mouseketeer

I am about 5'9 and wear a size 2-4. Is there any hope for me for face? I think i'm too tall for princess.but look too young for villian..hmm..

1995- All Star Music
2001- Disney Cruise(Wonder)
2003- Disney Cruise(Wonder)
2005- Pop Century
2008- Pop Century
2009- Saratoga Springs Resort
2010- Swan
2010- Contemporary
2010- Coronado Springs
2011- Swan
2012- Pop Century
2012- Disney College Program- Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique
2012- Animal Kingdom Lodge
2012- Contemporary
2013- Pop Century
2014- Pop Century
2014- Universal Hard Rock Hotel
2014- All Star Movies Resort
barbiecruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 11:27 AM   #774
PennyLou
Pluto's Pal

[QUOTE
I am about 5'9 and wear a size 2-4. Is there any hope for me for face? I think i'm too tall for princess.but look too young for villian..hmm..[/QUOTE]

snow queen, Meg and Lady T are in your height range, you don't have the face for Lady T her face is long and narrow. So Mayve the other 2 but I really don't know what they look at for the 2 I just know they are in your height range and they have rounder faces (also neither looks truly old, Meg def doesn't and Snow Queen doens't either, she is the second fairest of them all as the story goes)

Other then that it just depends on the people that are doing the casting.
Old 02-24-2010, 01:22 PM   #775
r1009t
Mouseketeer

Okay kind of random but... how many face characters can a single entertainment cast member be friends with? Is there a limit? I was looking at some pics of face characters awhile ago, and I swear I saw one girl being friends with four different princesses.
r1009t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 02:38 PM   #776
SandrA9810
DIS Veteran

It's very possible to have a few friends as face. I know some one that went from Belle to a fairy.
Old 02-24-2010, 02:48 PM   #777
PennyLou
Pluto's Pal

Quote:
Originally Posted by r1009t View Post
Okay kind of random but... how many face characters can a single entertainment cast member be friends with? Is there a limit? I was looking at some pics of face characters awhile ago, and I swear I saw one girl being friends with four different princesses.
yea for a time many of them could do at least 2 but right now that might be a little less common as they just kind of went threw and re looked at them all and movied people around and such. Its a problem sometimes cuz like My friend did Snow and one of the step sisters and guest aren't stupid and would say "hey you where an ungly step sister yesterday and dinner" and she woul dhave to say "oh no why would I want to be an ulgy step sister" or something like that.

but I'm not sure there is a limit if they think you fit.
Old 02-24-2010, 06:40 PM   #778
Berlioz70
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbiecruiser View Post
I am about 5'9 and wear a size 2-4. Is there any hope for me for face? I think i'm too tall for princess.but look too young for villian..hmm..
Are you auditioning for CP or FT? As a CP, the only one in your range in Tremaine. As for FT, you've got Queen, Maleficent and possibly Cruella (depending on how you're measured). Meg cuts off at 5'8. The reason there is a difference is because those other characters are only in shows/parades and not many CPs are approved in a character just for a show/parade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by r1009t View Post
As mentioned, no limit. The most I know of is 6 for one person, I know quite a few with 4, 2 is really common.
Old 02-25-2010, 12:54 AM   #779
PennyLou
Pluto's Pal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berlioz70 View Post
Are you auditioning for CP or FT? As a CP, the only one in your range in Tremaine. As for FT, you've got Queen, Maleficent and possibly Cruella (depending on how you're measured). Meg cuts off at 5'8. The reason there is a difference is because those other characters are only in shows/parades and not many CPs are approved in a character just for a show/parade.
I have a friend that is 5'9 Disney height and is Meg but maybe they just thought she really really looked like her idk..

Also I think it kind of depends on what they need at the time I know a Maleficent who started doing her when she was a CP. So I don't think its set in stone that CPs wont do them maybe just not as common.
Old 02-25-2010, 04:53 AM   #780
Macca1111
I wish I were at WDW!
I'm good at the graceful stuff
Why would you put Ivy in the title if it's never going to come up again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellaDisneydncr View Post
Ditto to what everybody else said, and also- for the CP you have to go to the specific CP auditions. So if you chose to do it in Orlando- it would have to be the one listed on the CP website.
Thank you to all above, but particularly this response. Very clear. I was hoping to audition for the fall, but because my teacher wanted me to push back my recital, the audition dates are all at a really bad time for me. I'll just have to do it for the Spring...I would then audition on the specified Orlando date for the Spring 2010 CP? Thanks so much guys, makes me feel more prepared for tomorrow!

Macca1111 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: