Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-18-2011, 05:28 PM   #1696
princessemily21
Unofficial Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by r1009t View Post
So I'm planning on auditioning for the spring 2012 cp and really wanted to do a 'practice audition' at one of the bi-weekly auditions where I would get to do the animation and dance portion of the audition. However if I did one I'd run into trouble with the 6 month rule... So my question is do they keep track of how often you audition? Or does the 6 month rule not count with the cp audition?
For a character performer audition newbie, could someone please explain these biweekly auditions to me? Forgive me if it's posted somewhere else in this thread... it's really long!

At about 5'6.5" I'm directly within the princess height range! I don't think I have the grace (or the face) for it, but I might audition just for giggles. Maybe I'll realize my childhood (yeah, okay and current) fantasy to be Belle... or friends with Belle.

DCL obsessed!
Sailed on all four ships, including the MV of the Fantasy. 2 cruises from
PLATINUM!
WDW seasonal CM, est: 2012
The views expressed in my posts do not reflect those put forth
by The Walt Disney Company and/or any of its subsidiaries.

WDWCP Fall 2012 Blog
princessemily21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 11:49 PM   #1697
ipodluvr287
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessemily21 View Post
For a character performer audition newbie, could someone please explain these biweekly auditions to me? Forgive me if it's posted somewhere else in this thread... it's really long!

At about 5'6.5" I'm directly within the princess height range! I don't think I have the grace (or the face) for it, but I might audition just for giggles. Maybe I'll realize my childhood (yeah, okay and current) fantasy to be Belle... or friends with Belle.
Walt Disney World has bi-weekly auditions often because they are almost always in need of people for different parts of the entertainment department. They're held in a rehearsal facility near Animal Kingdom. If you audition once and don't make it, you have to wait 6 months before you can audition again. Haha you never know, they could pick you!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-18-2011, 11:50 PM   #1698
ipodluvr287
DIS Veteran

Quote:
So I'm planning on auditioning for the spring 2012 cp and really wanted to do a 'practice audition' at one of the bi-weekly auditions where I would get to do the animation and dance portion of the audition. However if I did one I'd run into trouble with the 6 month rule... So my question is do they keep track of how often you audition? Or does the 6 month rule not count with the cp audition?
I don't think it counts for the CP, but someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 06-19-2011, 06:04 AM   #1699
progroupie
Mouseketeer

The 6 month rule still counts for CP's unless it's some kind of special audition held during a CP program or something out of the ordinary where they announce otherwise.

Disney Cruise Line auditions don't count as part of the 6 month rule so maybe look into that? They're slightly different but it would still be good experiance. They aren't held as often though. Same for the overseas parks and Disneyland, they're all seperate entities as far as auditions and the 6 month rule goes.
progroupie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 09:02 AM   #1700
Berlioz70
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I do not believe the CP counts within the same guidelines as 6 months. CP - you can audition once a season, which is less than 6 months from the fall to spring auditions.

I'm guessing you could do the regular audition, then the CP one in the fall. Technically, they are looking for different things anyway. The bi-weekly needs look-a-likes and movers whereas the CP is looking for more of the Costumed characters. I'd call ahead of time to verify. Just say you want seasonal work now, but if you are not selected are you eligible for the CP audition for the spring season. Do not mention you want a "test audition." They will not like that.

PS - the audition process for the bi-weekly and CPs is quite different.
Berlioz70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 02:21 PM   #1701
r1009t
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berlioz70 View Post
I'd call ahead of time to verify. Just say you want seasonal work now, but if you are not selected are you eligible for the CP audition for the spring season. Do not mention you want a "test audition." They will not like that.

PS - the audition process for the bi-weekly and CPs is quite different.
Thanks Do you have any idea where I could find a number to call? I looked through the audition website and couldn't find any contact info. Would the 'disney costumed character performers' on July 21 audition be very different from the cp audition? I thought maybe it could be kind of similar because they are both looking for character performers more than look-a-likes or movers.
r1009t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 02:31 PM   #1702
r1009t
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by progroupie View Post
Disney Cruise Line auditions don't count as part of the 6 month rule so maybe look into that? They're slightly different but it would still be good experiance. They aren't held as often though. Same for the overseas parks and Disneyland, they're all seperate entities as far as auditions and the 6 month rule goes.
Thanks Do you know how often they have them at wdw? I feel like it's been awhile since I saw one that was at wdw so maybe there will be an upcoming one soon?
r1009t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 03:01 PM   #1703
satorifound
They told me to keep coming back and I did!

I gotta say, the Alice we saw at Disneyland had to have been 5' or under. My daughter was taller than her, which was amazing because my daughter is only 5'1.5"

Sacha, mommy to four wonderful children and wife to one awesome husband.
DL Disneyland Hotel 1980(ish), DL Disneyland Hotel 1987, DW (as an employee) 1989, DL La Quinta Inn January 2006, DL Park Place Inn March 2008, DW Fort Wilderness Cabins Nov. 2009, DL President's Day 2011, DW CSR Sept. '11, coming up... The Polynesian September 2012!
satorifound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 09:00 PM   #1704
DisneyGirlie
DIS Veteran

I apologize for selfishly being unwilling to read through 114 pages to find information out. However, I plan on attending the CP Female Only Look Alike Face Character audition this coming tuesday. Any tips? I feel extremely intimidated. Any idea how long it'll last? The most important things they look for? Sizing? I've read conflicting things with sizing on the internet. Someone told me costumes come in only one size for characters... other people told me they go up to a size ten. Just general information I should know?
1994-2004 Off-site * Spring 2005 Caribbean Beach- Martinique * Spring 2006 All-Star Movies- Fantasia * Nov. 18- Nov. 24 2006 Pop Century- '50s * March 2nd-7th 2007 Pop Century- '80s * Oct. 12- Oct. 17th 2007 Pop Century- '60s * Feb. 2- Feb. 8th 2008 Polynesian- Hawaii*Sept. 27th-Oct. 3rd 2008 Grand Floridian- Boca Chica*Dec. 13- Dec 17th 2008 Port Orleans Riverside- Oak Manor*May 16- May 23rd 2009 Beach Club Resort*Aug. 10-Aug. 13th 2009 Pop Century- '50s.*Dec. 10- Dec. 13th 2009 Yacht Club Resort*March 6-10th 2010 Contemporary MK View*July 31st- Aug 7th 2010 Contemporary MK View
October 27-October 30 2010 Pop Century*Animal Kingdom Lodge- Dec. 11-16th 2010*June 8th-13th 2011 Coronado Springs- Cabanas.* Fall Advantage College Program 6/11-1/12*Boardwalk Inn August 2012*October 2012 All-Star Sports*January 2013 Port Orleans French Quarter*1/21/13-8/13 Spring Advantage College Program
DisneyGirlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 12:24 AM   #1705
progroupie
Mouseketeer

Before I auditioned recently I asked casting about the bi-weekly auditions and the CP auditions as far as the 6 month rule goes, I wanted to make sure that if I didn't make it through auditions I'd still have the option of auditioning and applying through the CP so I wanted to audition soon enough so that by the time I'd be able to apply for Spring 2012 the 6 months would be up. At that time they told me the 6 month rule stands for both CP auditions and regular auditions. This was in April. It is pretty common for you to get different answers from different sources so I'm just letting you know that this is the answer I got from casting within the past couple months.

I think they're always looking for face characters and dancers more than costumed characters but they were definetly looking for costumed characters at the bi-weekly auditions as recently as two months ago. Although I think there may only be seasonal positions available, that's what I was offered.
Old 06-20-2011, 12:41 AM   #1706
progroupie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyGirlie View Post
I apologize for selfishly being unwilling to read through 114 pages to find information out. However, I plan on attending the CP Female Only Look Alike Face Character audition this coming tuesday. Any tips? I feel extremely intimidated. Any idea how long it'll last? The most important things they look for? Sizing? I've read conflicting things with sizing on the internet. Someone told me costumes come in only one size for characters... other people told me they go up to a size ten. Just general information I should know?
I've heard that rumor as well, I'm not sure where it got started, it seems like it may have been true at Disneyland a long time ago when they didn't have as many costumes available and it was more of a budgeting issue than anything else.

It's definetly not true at Disney World currently, there are several sizes in the dresses, up to a 10 usually although they aren't always true to the sizes you might wear in normal clothes. I would estimate that a Disney 10 is around a 6 in regular clothes.

The actual audition process will only take a few minutes. You may end up waiting for hours though, it depends on the turnout.

There aren't many tips to give for a face audition since it's just a matter of how you look and that's not something that can be changed. Natural make-up is preferred, they don't want to see how well you can apply make-up, they want to see what they can do with your features once they get ahold of you with wigs and cosmetology.
Old 06-20-2011, 12:47 AM   #1707
progroupie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by satorifound View Post
I gotta say, the Alice we saw at Disneyland had to have been 5' or under. My daughter was taller than her, which was amazing because my daughter is only 5'1.5"
Disney World and Disneyland sometimes have differences in their height ranges. I'm not sure what all those differences are, but they do vary between all the parks and the cruise ships.

At Disney World Alice can be as short as 5'0. Which means there may be girls who are actually shorter than that but got measured at 5'0 by Disney standards.
Old 06-20-2011, 09:36 AM   #1708
ipodluvr287
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by progroupie View Post

I think they're always looking for face characters and dancers more than costumed characters but they were definetly looking for costumed characters at the bi-weekly auditions as recently as two months ago. Although I think there may only be seasonal positions available, that's what I was offered.
If you don't mind me asking, what did you get measured yet? The seasonal offering might be because of what height range you're in. On the current audition calender for character performers it seems they're really only looking for people between 4'9-5'0.
Old 06-20-2011, 01:44 PM   #1709
progroupie
Mouseketeer

I'm mouse height so it has a lot to do with it, but there were several other heights that made it through the audition as well and were presumably pooled.
Old 06-20-2011, 05:38 PM   #1710
Berlioz70
DIS Veteran

wrong thread - ooops!
Berlioz70 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: