Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-19-2013, 10:29 AM   #1
BrerMouse
Earning My Ears

Pending.

Just got my email. I'm pending.

Is anyone else pending?

Is this good or bad?

How long until I get a final answer?

What are the chances of getting accepted after being pended???

HELP. HELP. HELP.
BrerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 11:40 AM   #2
Jakey1
Earning My Ears

Here's a thread that really explains in detail the pending status:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3068927

Basically you are in the same position as before. It just means they are taking extra time to review your application and see if they can find a fit for you. It's neither a good nor bad thing and your chances of getting in are not affected at all really.

As for how long you have to wait, I suppose it varies. This is my first time applying, but I've been pending for nearly a month now (will be a month in 2 days). However, it varies. You could hear at any point from now until April 19th (at least that's what my e-mail said! )
Jakey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-19-2013, 12:58 PM   #3
touchthesky
Mouseketeer

Lots of people are pending. We have a Facebook support group (sorry I can't post the link, I'm on my phone). It can be frustrating since we have to wait, but just try to not worry about it too much. Hakuna Matata!

O'hana means family, and family means nobody gets left behind
touchthesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 04:50 PM   #4
SBailey09
Earning My Ears

I was pended this morning, as well! Good luck! Hope to see you in the fall
SBailey09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 10:02 PM   #5
Xion
Earning My Ears

Worry not, friend! As others have said, many of us are pending, and as of this morning, there are many more!

I'm not in the facebook pending group, but I do check the "dcp" tag on tumblr on a daily basis. This is only from observation, but this morning there was a fairly large pending wave for those who applied to the WDWCP. There also seemed to be a NLIC wave this afternoon~nightish. I wasn't happy at all when I came across the news (Some folks I followed didn't make it in, and I'm sure they were more than qualified...-sigh-), but you better believe I gave the greatest sigh of relieve to see "In Progress" still on my dashboard.

My fingers and toes are crossed for you and the rest of us penders!

Last edited by Xion; 03-19-2013 at 10:12 PM.
Xion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 01:21 AM   #6
PrincessJen8
Earning My Ears

It really varies person to person. I was pended for three months my first time only to find out that I got rejected. it sucked. But I had friends who were pended that got in.

This is what I've decided (and I very well may be wrong), is that when you are pended, they like you enough to not say no, but they want to see if they like someone else more. So if you get rejected, come back better than ever and prove to them they made a mistake and that they should take you this time.

The process is rough. It sucks. But keep your head up. I was pended for 3 months the first time, my second time i didn't pass my WBI and my third (and last chance to apply) I came in with a clear head and very motivated and I went through the whole process within a week. WBI on Tuesday (after another lengthy process), Phone interview on Thursday and Monday I heard that I got accepted. Things will work out if you just let them.
Old 03-21-2013, 01:33 AM   #7
ValiantHeart
Mouseketeer

If you're pended, don't give up hope! I was pended February 15th and got accepted March 13th (:

It just means they have to take a little longer with your application, is all (:

WDW DCP Alumnus - Merchandise - DAK Discovery Island

The opinions expressed in this post do not reflect the opinions of the Walt Disney company or any affiliates.
ValiantHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 10:33 AM   #8
khancock
DIS Veteran

Here are articles tagged with "pending" on the official blog-
https://disneyprogramsblog.com/?tag=pending
khancock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 09:31 PM   #9
kellydizfan
DIS Veteran

It took my DD 5 weeks to hear back and she didn't get her top choices but will take the Quick Service Food & Beverage Job.
OKW 8/11-8/16/13, CSR 12/8-12/13/13, POP 8/24/11-8/31/11, Nick Hotel 8/4/09-8/6/09, POR 7/28/09-8/4/09-DS B-day, Eastern DCL 4/08, Europe 3/08, Hawaii Cruise 07, OKW 3/07, AKL 8/06, Europe 4/06, BCV & SSR 10/04, BCV 2/03 & DVC Cruise, POR 5/02, CBR 5/96, CBR 5/91, DL 8/87, Offsite 83 & 75
kellydizfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 09:34 AM   #10
BrerMouse
Earning My Ears

Is it true that the longer you're pending, the more chance you have of being accepted??
BrerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 10:20 AM   #11
touchthesky
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrerMouse View Post
Is it true that the longer you're pending, the more chance you have of being accepted??
I've never heard that. Honestly it seems pretty random to me. On the Facebook page there were people who were pended after me (Feb. 25) who have already been accepted, and people who were pended the same day or earlier who have been rejected. A lot of it depends on the roles they are giving out at any particular time it seems like.

O'hana means family, and family means nobody gets left behind
touchthesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 10:45 AM   #12
Wishes Count
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrerMouse View Post
I would say probably not, as there are some people who are pending until the very last day and then rejected.

It's been said on hear before, but don't waste your time trying to figure out how Disney decides who to accept. There isn't a pattern of certain days or times that acceptances go out, and there isn't a pattern for which roles are given out when.

Just try to be patient and stay positive even though it is hard!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: