Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Theme Parks Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-20-2008, 08:48 AM   #1
captinhookedondisney
HIDDEN MICKEY'S ARE EVERYWHERE

Test

TEST OF SMILIES

Last edited by captinhookedondisney; 01-20-2008 at 01:57 PM.
captinhookedondisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 08:57 AM   #2
Mickey Fliers
(Not so)Tagless
"Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. And sometimes, it rains"
Don't hate me for the love of the boy band

Location: Until the Navy says otherwise: Yokosuka, Kanagawa, Japan

I am sorry that they were "misdirected" but I don't think it is Disney's responsibility to make sure your sister makes her dining reservations. And, I am confused. How did she "miss" her park plans?

Unfortunately, not every cast member has the correct information. That is why it is wise to be an informed traveler.

JMO.
Register to remove

Old 01-20-2008, 09:01 AM   #3
TwingleMum
DIS Veteran

I don't see how getting wrong directions entitle someone to a free nights stay??
TwingleMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 09:04 AM   #4
disneyjunkie
I'VE GOT MY EYES ON YOU!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by captinhookedondisney View Post
My sister is in WDW right now. And she is staying at POP CENTURY where she was miss directed twice (Name Tat said earning my eras) causing her to miss her dinning reservations and her park plans (Both restaurants were 2 points o the Disney dinning plan) so she got a little upset. And talked to the manager of POP CENTURY and didn't do anything. They wanted another nights (complementary) stay so they could get into the MK. They then went to Guest services at one of the parks All they did was give them 5 FP for 2 people. What could they do to get another night w/parks? '

Thank You All so Much

CAPTAIN HOOK-ED ON DISNEY

We're all human, people make mistakes.

Did your sister go to the restaurant? Did she try to see if they would seat her after her ADR time?

Why didn't they go to the park?

Maybe she could write a letter once she gets home.

I think 5 fastpasses were great. Why should they get free park passes and a free night stay just because someone made a mistake?
disneyjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 09:04 AM   #5
ConcKahuna
Corn was on sale, 10 ears for $3, of course it was cheaper at The Root Of All Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwingleMum View Post
I don't see how getting wrong directions entitle someone to a free nights stay??
I agree with this. Should the manager have helped book new reservations? Yes. Was this offered? Well, it's possible. If the sister had it set in her mind that she wanted a free night, the CM's trying to help her with something lesser can easily become "doing nothing" in thier mind.
ConcKahuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 09:05 AM   #6
karliebug
DIS Veteran

How was she "misdirected"?Give us a few more details. I don't see how missing an ADR means she cant go to the park. What did she do, get on the wrong bus? The buses are clearly marked.
karliebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 09:07 AM   #7
daisyduck123
I just love those parmesan mashed potatoes at Chef Mickey's!
I don't know how to cut & paste
Disney has made my family & I "park snobs"

Quote:
What could they do to get another night w/parks? '
Pay for another night....that is about all they can do.
Jan 2006 Pop CenturyMay 2005 Pop Century May 2004 Pop Century Dec 1976 Off Site
daisyduck123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 09:12 AM   #8
captinhookedondisney
HIDDEN MICKEY'S ARE EVERYWHERE

Quote:
Originally Posted by karliebug View Post
How was she "misdirected"?Give us a few more details. I don't see how missing an ADR means she cant go to the park. What did she do, get on the wrong bus? The buses are clearly marked.
They told her to get t the contemporary to go to epcot and take a monorail to Contemporary which got them there an hour too late and they didn't seat them.
Old 01-20-2008, 09:12 AM   #9
livndisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
My sister is in WDW right now. And she is staying at POP CENTURY where she was miss directed twice (Name Tat said earning my eras) causing her to miss her dinning reservations and her park plans (Both restaurants were 2 points o the Disney dinning plan) so she got a little upset. And talked to the manager of POP CENTURY and didn't do anything. They wanted another nights (complementary) stay so they could get into the MK. They then went to Guest services at one of the parks All they did was give them 5 FP for 2 people. What could they do to get another night w/parks? '

Thank You All so Much

CAPTAIN HOOK-ED ON DISNEY

It looks like she made it to a park, so I am not sure I understand. If she wants another night, she would have to pay for it. As far as the dining plan, I thought they "charge" you for the meal when you show up. If it is a case of her being a "no show" and being charged, I would think she should be able to get that charge "reversed".
livndisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 09:13 AM   #10
CrazedDisFan
Let's just say there were few words spoken and no meals cooked for quite some time.

I hate to be the bad guy here, but it is the responsibility of the traveler to be informed of their plans. The parks and the hotels offer maps, perhaps your sister needed to consult one of the maps. In addition, once she discovered they were misdirected she should have asked for help or a map from someone else. I understand missing and ADR, but how do you miss out on a day of park touring? Was she simply so upset about missing the ADR that it ruined their entire day? If that was the case maybe she needs to reconsider her reaction.

I sincerely hope they find some fun while they are there.
CrazedDisFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 09:15 AM   #11
cindyfan
DIS Veteran

I agree.... I don't see how a simple mistake by a trainee entitles her to a free night??

Now.... if she was following directions posted on an official map given to her by a CM... and she proved the map was wrong....... that might be an arguement for maybe a complimentary dinner.

Give us details..... where was she trying to go and what did the CM tell her??

BTW.....ConcKahuna.... I love the video in your sig!! Funny how the seagull seem to look around to see if anyone is coming .... then runs out!! ha ha!!!
Old 01-20-2008, 09:16 AM   #12
Mickey Fliers
(Not so)Tagless
"Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. And sometimes, it rains"
Don't hate me for the love of the boy band

Location: Until the Navy says otherwise: Yokosuka, Kanagawa, Japan

Quote:
They told her to get t the contemporary to go to epcot and take a monorail to Contemporary which got them there an hour too late and they didn't seat them.
While it is unfortunate that the cast member was not aware of the best directions to the Contemporary, this sounds like your sister's fault.

She should be able to have the dining charges reversed and I still don't see how this prevented them from visiting the park.
Old 01-20-2008, 09:18 AM   #13
senecabeach
people don't stop playing because they have grown old.....they have grown old because they have stopped playing

Quote:
My sister is in WDW right now. And she is staying at POP CENTURY where she was miss directed twice (Name Tat said earning my eras) causing her to miss her dinning reservations and her park plans (Both restaurants were 2 points o the Disney dinning plan) so she got a little upset. And talked to the manager of POP CENTURY and didn't do anything. They wanted another nights (complementary) stay so they could get into the MK.

Quote:
They wanted another nights (complementary) stay so they could get into the MK.
Get serious.. !!!
Old 01-20-2008, 09:19 AM   #14
GovieMom
DIS Veteran

First of all, since you weren't there you only heard one side of the story. Perhaps your sister confused the CM by asking the question the wrong way, or for directions to the wrong place. I really can't see how the CM misdirected her twice. I think your sister was lucky to get the FPs myself.
GovieMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 09:19 AM   #15
rgf207
DIS Veteran

I don't see why they are entitled to a free night's stay. IMHO they should have planned better. Whenever I go on vacation I always get directions and if i'm not using disney transportation I get maps which are readily available.

It is not the CM's fault that your sister didn't plan well. It is their responsibility to plan

2002 - Off Site;2004 - Off Site;March 2005 - AKL;Sept 2005 - PoP, POR, ASMo;May 2006 - POR;June 2007 - BCV;June 2008 - SSR; March 2009 - SSR; August 2009 - SSR, AKV; Feb 2010 - VWL; Jun 2010 - BCV; Feb 2011 - AKV; June 2012 - BLT
rgf207 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: