Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Welcome to the DIS
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-10-2014, 02:33 PM   #1
cmkfarmer
Earning My Ears

I'm New here, PLEASE HELP!

Hello!
I have been waiting many years to officially join this website!! My husband just announced he was trying to plan a suprise trip to Disney in a few months! I am thrilled!!! However I would really love help from the experts because the amount of money he is showing me to go to Disney seriously is making me about pass out. lol. I have a large family and would LOVE some input to make this economical but without giving up the really awesome stuff! We have 5 kids ages 1 to 9 and I know they will be thrilled!! I however am overwhelmed as to whether to book a package, or is it better to find someone who you can buy their time share points to get a place to stay on disney property and buy tickets seperate etc. My husband does have the credit card so from what i understand we will get the free dining plan which is great. So any advice as far as booking our trip would be SOOOO helpful!!!
Thank you for taking the time to help this mama out!
cmkfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 02:56 PM   #2
DanenRox
Disney Junkies

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

My humble opinion....with 5 kids, it would be a great benefit to you to take advantage of free dining. There are only certain dates and certain resorts in which it is offered so you should familiarize yourself with those details. With a family of 7, I'd suggest 2 adjoining rooms in a moderate category resort. Typically, I'm not a fan of the meal plan and could argue it's "cost savings effectiveness" but I think with such a large family, it would save you money and be your best bet. If you belong to AAA, they are a great resource as you begin to navigate these waters. This site, of course, is most helpful and may I suggest you visit www.allearnet.com Best wishes to you and happy planning!
DanenRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 03:09 PM   #3
smbowtie
Been there done that, gonna do it again

I feel that if you want to stay onsite it would be best (and cheapest) for you to get connecting rooms at a value resort. You don't want adjoining rooms as that is just 2 rooms next to each other. You would have to call to book.
I see that the values are offering QS FD but you could upgrade to DDP.

Last visit Feb 2014 POFQ
smbowtie is offline   Reply With Quote