Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-02-2012, 11:03 PM   #376
MISSYLEXI
Mouseketeer

I didn't have a chance to read this whole thread. So if the question has been asked and answered, I am sorry.

If I book two rooms under one reservation, and I pay for them. If I receive a pin or email for a discount, can that code be used on both rooms because it is under my name?
2004-POR
2005-POR
2006-POR
2007-POR
2008-POR
2013-POR
MISSYLEXI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 06:25 AM   #377
barbeml
Has lots of magic to share with others!
Is Test Track Ever NOT Broken?
Kyan will never love me
Wanted Dead or Dead: The thief who stole my Mickey antenna topper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISSYLEXI View Post
I didn't have a chance to read this whole thread. So if the question has been asked and answered, I am sorry.

If I book two rooms under one reservation, and I pay for them. If I receive a pin or email for a discount, can that code be used on both rooms because it is under my name?
I have always been able to apply any code to up to three rooms booked in my name.
I'd rather pay The Mouse than a shrink. '84 Offsite. '97 & '98 Port Orleans. '99 Disneyland. '00 Port Orleans. '02 Poly. '03 & '04 CBR. '05 POFQ & CBR. '06 CSR. '08 CBR & Poly. '09 Poly. '10 Poly. '11 celebrated the big 50 at the Poly! '12 FIRST DCL/Polynesian! March '14 First Stay at WL / Oct. '14 Rum Runners at WL / 3/15 Yacht Club
barbeml is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-03-2012, 10:12 AM   #378
MISSYLEXI
Mouseketeer

Thank you !!!!
2004-POR
2005-POR
2006-POR
2007-POR
2008-POR
2013-POR
MISSYLEXI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 03:45 PM   #379
jmm476
DIS Veteran

Sorry if this has already been asked, I didn't have a chance to read through the many many pages. I received a PIN mailer at my house in my maiden name. Can I still use it or is it a problem that the name doesn't match? Does it make a difference that I can show that used to be my name with a copy of my marriage certificate? Thanks!
WDW Commando Member #75

No trip planned right now

My first dining review! Jan 2011
jmm476 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 08:41 AM   #380
madge
... is soaking in it

quick question -- I booked the FD promotion in March, BEFORE the ticket price increase. If I make any changes to the reservation (add/cancel a night), will that have any effect on the package price, other than the obvious change in the nights stayed?

Will the package switch over to the "new" ticket pricing, is what I'm asking?

Shades of Green ~ Dixie Landings ~ Swan/Dolphin (Club Level) ~ Contemporary ~
Wilderness Lodge
~ Coronado Springs ~ Polynesian ~ Pop Century~
Boardwalk (shhhh .... just mom!) ~ Ft. Wilderness Cabins

offsite stays:
HGVC - Sea World (2002)
Silver Lake - Silver Points (2004)
Vistana Villages (2007)
Cypress Pointe Grandvillas (2008)
Thanks, Disbug!!

madge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 02:10 PM   #381
twodogs
Mouseketeer

If I have a room booked now at rack rates, and they subsequently do a GP discount, will I be able to apply that discount later? Or is it only for a certain number of rooms at certain resorts, and I may not be able to apply it to an existing room reservation? I think the answer is the second one from my reading, but want to make sure (ie is a general public room discount applicable to all rooms in the resort during the specified date, or just a limited number, like military discounts)? Also, does a room discount PIN work on all rooms/dates, if you are lucky enough to get one?
twodogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 02:48 PM   #382
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by twodogs View Post
If I have a room booked now at rack rates, and they subsequently do a GP discount, will I be able to apply that discount later? Or is it only for a certain number of rooms at certain resorts, and I may not be able to apply it to an existing room reservation? I think the answer is the second one from my reading, but want to make sure (ie is a general public room discount applicable to all rooms in the resort during the specified date, or just a limited number, like military discounts)? Also, does a room discount PIN work on all rooms/dates, if you are lucky enough to get one?
You're correct - if a discount comes up, it can be applied to your reservation, but there is limited availability of discounted rooms available at each resort. I would assume that PINs are restricted to certain dates, and like GP discounts, there is a limited number of discounted rooms available.
siskaren is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 12:01 PM   #383
The Sasquatch
Mouseketeer

I apologize in advance if this is not the right place but I am new around here!

Am I the only one who is thoroughly frustrated with the free dining and/or 30% offers? I booked our trip in January and actually booked 2 reservations so I could play the odds of getting one of these discounts. We have a res at the Beach Club and Boardwalk Villas for a 2 bedroom.

To date, I have not been able to get either of these offers on my reservations and more recently I cannot get any offers for any rooms during the week of Oct 20th to the 27th.

Has anyone had any luck for these dates? I check multiple times each day and have been since each of them was announced. It feels that although I am within the offer dates, there really arent discounts to be had. Is it BS?

We visit 1-2 times a year for a week each and have never had a problem getting a discount. This year seems odd.

Any feedback?
The Sasquatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 09:57 AM   #384
Liberator
Mouseketeer

I wanted to create an account on the disneyworld-homepage to get a chance of a pin-code.
But: When I edit personal information, a red code "W01040112035" pops up on the top and the changings are not saved.

What does that mean!?
I can't edit anything there.

Liberator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 04:10 PM   #385
klitteral2009
Mouseketeer

What is the best way to grab a discounted room when they become available? Calling when the reservation lines open in the morning? I know there has been talk of discounts coming on 10/10 and I really wanted to see about snagging one for the Contemporary if they are available. Any help or tips would be greatly appreiciated!!! thanks
Old 10-07-2012, 04:43 PM   #386
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by klitteral2009 View Post
What is the best way to grab a discounted room when they become available? Calling when the reservation lines open in the morning? I know there has been talk of discounts coming on 10/10 and I really wanted to see about snagging one for the Contemporary if they are available. Any help or tips would be greatly appreiciated!!! thanks
It's not just talk; there are discounts that are coming out on the 10th. They're currently only available to Disney Visa customers, but you can read about them here and here.

I don't know if it's the best way, but I prefer to go online to save the cost of a long distance call and so that I can see for myself that I've got what I want in terms of dates, room category, type of ticket, etc.
Old 10-07-2012, 05:26 PM   #387
klitteral2009
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by siskaren View Post
It's not just talk; there are discounts that are coming out on the 10th. They're currently only available to Disney Visa customers, but you can read about them here and here.

I don't know if it's the best way, but I prefer to go online to save the cost of a long distance call and so that I can see for myself that I've got what I want in terms of dates, room category, type of ticket, etc.
If I already have a booking with AoA in a suite, how would I go about changing to a contemporary room? Would my deposit transfer to the new room? I booked a package with tickets also so would those be affected? So sorry for the duh questions but I'm brand new to this Disney vacation thing
Old 10-07-2012, 05:42 PM   #388
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by klitteral2009 View Post
If I already have a booking with AoA in a suite, how would I go about changing to a contemporary room? Would my deposit transfer to the new room? I booked a package with tickets also so would those be affected? So sorry for the duh questions but I'm brand new to this Disney vacation thing
That you would definitely have to call for, but there shouldn't be any problem changing your reservation (assuming that there's availability at the Contemporary for your dates, of course), and in fact, I don't think your reservation number changes, so you're not really transfering anything.
Old 10-07-2012, 05:49 PM   #389
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by siskaren View Post
That you would definitely have to call for, but there shouldn't be any problem changing your reservation (assuming that there's availability at the Contemporary for your dates, of course), and in fact, I don't think your reservation number changes, so you're not really transfering anything.
This is correct. As long as the CR is available for your dates under the new discount and you keep it as a package, the CM should be able to just change the resort and apply the discount under the new promo, keeping everything else the same (including your original confirmation number) .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 06:12 PM   #390
klitteral2009
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
This is correct. As long as the CR is available for your dates under the new discount and you keep it as a package, the CM should be able to just change the resort and apply the discount under the new promo, keeping everything else the same (including your original confirmation number) .
Hooray!!! Fingers crossed for availability so we can have our fancy, convenient, fun vaycay! Reguardless, I'm sure it'll be fantastic, but the CR is kind of my 'Holy Grail' for this WDW trip I assume earlier is better to call?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: