Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-14-2012, 12:46 AM   #346
SwirlyGirly
Mouseketeer

Can a pin code be used online or do you have to call one in? Not that I have a pin code, just dreaming of one! ))
SwirlyGirly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 09:11 AM   #347
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwirlyGirly View Post
Can a pin code be used online or do you have to call one in? Not that I have a pin code, just dreaming of one! ))
There may be some assigned PIN codes where you can only call, but the recent ones I have received provide the option to either call or use the PIN online. You're provided with the address to visit where you can enter your assigned PIN code, last name, and zip code.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
jcarwash is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-14-2012, 05:45 PM   #348
Halloween Baby
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halloween Baby View Post
I received a code by email today, but all it says is that they're excited we are thinking about staying at all-star music and here's some pictures to look at. Then it tells our vacation plans that I had plugged in and says to book now and mention the specific code. I clicked book now and went through to the end of the process on the site but it doesn't look like I got any discount.

Does Disney just send our codes that save the trips you've looked at or am I looking at it wrong??
Anyone know??

Halloween Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 06:26 PM   #349
gretchenohar@hotmail

DIS Veteran

I'm sorry Halloween Baby - I don't know the answer to this.
Whenever we've gotten an email, or snail mail code, it's been for free dining, or a percentage off the resorts. I've never rec'd a code for a specific resort. I hope someone in the know will come along soon to answer your question.
BTW - maybe you should save some more expensive resorts too - just in case!
gretchenohar@hotmail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 06:34 PM   #350
Halloween Baby
Mouseketeer

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by gretchenohar@hotmail View Post
I'm sorry Halloween Baby - I don't know the answer to this.
Whenever we've gotten an email, or snail mail code, it's been for free dining, or a percentage off the resorts. I've never rec'd a code for a specific resort. I hope someone in the know will come along soon to answer your question.
BTW - maybe you should save some more expensive resorts too - just in case!
Thanks for trying to help!

After I got the pin yesterday, I actually did go back on and save some moderates in there too!! Hope I get something better or else we're gonna wait for free dining!

Halloween Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 02:02 AM   #351
Loveofpm
Earning My Ears

For those on the lookout.. I saved a trip in my favorites for June, well today I received a snail mail for free dining only for the month of June and has to be booked by march 14th. My only complaint is when I go to the online site for it, they don't offer any rooms in alligator bayou at port Orleans
Loveofpm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 02:16 PM   #352
josh04071
Earning My Ears

vaca in may

I am going in may to get the 30% does anyone know of any other specials that I can use. I want my boy to have the trip of a lifetime.
josh04071 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 10:47 PM   #353
Belle0101
New Rule:
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OP. That way when someone does the delete of nevermind edit we know what was there.

When you're calling to ask if you have any type of discount what info do you give?

Reason I'm asking is I can't recall if when we've gone before if we've booked under DHs name, my maiden name or my hyphenated married name but without the hyphen. I know, that last part is confusing. I'll explain ...

DH last name is Smith

My maiden last name is Doe

I use Doe-Smith as my last name

Not every business will use the hyphen and they will delete my actual middle name and make my maiden last name as my middle name with DHs last name as my full last name.

I got to wondering about it because last year I was getting snail mail offers at least every other month. This year, to date, nothing. I don't recall which name they came in.

I searched through my emails, I rarely delete emails, and I had received a new offer every 3 months beginning in 2010. Every offer was sent to Doe, my maiden name.

Should I call and ask to have all 3 names checked?

BTW - Doe and Smith aren't our real last names. Just examples.
Belle0101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 05:10 PM   #354
Laurali
Mouseketeer

Wow this was super helpful. Thanks!

Laurali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 10:10 PM   #355
dreamcometruemom
dreamcometruemom

Smile

thanks for all the info.. being new to the boards, i'm learning alot ... and i thought i knew Disney!!!
dreamcometruemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 06:16 PM   #356
sjwright701
TennesseeMama

Confused

Has anyone ever called Disney and had them tell you that you have a PIN code associated with your account, but then they quote you rack rate that is shown online? Didn't realize it until I checked the pricing online after.
sjwright701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 11:41 AM   #357
Thumper_Man
DDC 684
Do we go left or to the second start on the right, straight on til morning?

Got a snail mail PIN today for 20% off room only. It may not be the best offer, but an offer nonetheless. We were looking at moderates for our trip in December. We were willing to pay the rack rates, but getting a PIN has helped bring down the rates. Since we got the PIN we were wondering, can you add the dining plan to this offer? If so, do you have to add it at the time of booking? Or can it be added on later? I know we would also have to buy our tickets through Disney. We did the math and we found it may be worthwhile for us to do so. This would be our first time staying on-site. So I'm trying to learn all that I can. TIA
Old 03-26-2012, 02:06 PM   #358
charliesmom86
Mouseketeer

Quick questions...we booked two rooms at csr with a free dining pin in my boyfriends name. The first room is us and second is my mom but we all live at the same address...so it wont be a problem right?

Second question..my bf might have a job offer and not be able to go on trip...will we be able to use his pin still bc its in his name? We would still need two rooms we will also be brining my brother and son.

May 21-29, 2012-Pop Century
May 2014-?
Me DF DS8
charliesmom86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 12:03 AM   #359
Texastiger
Mouseketeer

Just wondering... If you call and get a pin code, can you use it at Disneyland or just at DisneyWorld?

May 2008 - Offsite
March 2009 - CBR
March 2010 - POFQ
November 2012 - CSR
September 2013 - DLH
April 2014 - POR
Texastiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 09:15 AM   #360
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texastiger View Post
Just wondering... If you call and get a pin code, can you use it at Disneyland or just at DisneyWorld?
If you happen to receive a personal PIN code offer for a specific vacation package or room discount at Walt Disney World, it's for that specific application at WDW only.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
jcarwash is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: