Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-07-2011, 07:22 PM   #331
okmommy
Earning My Ears

No combining codes!
okmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 07:23 PM   #332
okmommy
Earning My Ears

not that i have heard about
okmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-13-2011, 03:32 PM   #333
DWFanForLIFE
Earning My Ears

Subscribing
DWFanForLIFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 09:20 PM   #334
fannonzoo
Earning My Ears

Really hoping for the free Dining plan to come out for our time in May 2012!
fannonzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 06:43 AM   #335
Gibbygirl
why am I here when I should be there?

We received the Game On postcard generically addressed to our last name @ our address. (Dates won't work for us & it's only for 4 nights--we stay 7.)I get other general info sent to my email address on file with Disney. It's my name on our 'account' on the webpage. BUT--does anyone know if my DH might have different codes under his name since his the first one on any of our past reservations? Currently booked under the spring room discount for our June 2012 trip but would like to see if there are other options out there just to compare offers.
Old 01-09-2012, 07:03 AM   #336
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbygirl View Post
We received the Game On postcard generically addressed to our last name @ our address. (Dates won't work for us & it's only for 4 nights--we stay 7.)I get other general info sent to my email address on file with Disney. It's my name on our 'account' on the webpage. BUT--does anyone know if my DH might have different codes under his name since his the first one on any of our past reservations? Currently booked under the spring room discount for our June 2012 trip but would like to see if there are other options out there just to compare offers.
Just so you know it has been my expierence with the Game on offer you recieve via snail mail that if you call you may just find out it is good for other dates than the ones specified.............Ours said Dec 1-Dec 022, turned out it was good for the entire year and I was able to use it for our Oct vacation in 2010, also the 4 days is just an example, Disney will usually show Mon- Thurs as an example for price as weekends(Fri & Sat Nights) are at a higher rate.
Nothing to lose by calling to see if the pin might work for your dates, a lot to lose($$$) if you just toss it in the trash without calling

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 07:56 AM   #337
digiMom
DIS Veteran

Don't know if this was posted already, but thought I'd share. We had booked a 5 night free dining for this Jan when the offer was still active. We later decided to add 2 more nights. The offer had expired, but we were allowed to add the nights on to our existing reservation, continuing the free dining for the longer stay.

Me DH DD (17) DS (13)

Jan 2012 POP | Oct 2010 POP | Jan 2006 ASSp | Sept 1992 Off Site (Honeymoon) | Poly and CR in the 70s as a kid
"We keep moving forward, opening new doors... because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." ~ Walter Elias Disney
digiMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 08:21 AM   #338
keithnmissy
Earning My Ears

We received a pin code in the mail in my husband's name in November for dates in 2012, but we let it expire because we didn't think we were going to be able to go this year. We just decided though that we can't make it another year without a trip, so when I called to book, they told us we had a pin code under my name now. Not sure how it works, but I think it's worth it to call and ask. We are now able to stay at CSR our favorite resort!
keithnmissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 08:19 AM   #339
Gibbygirl
why am I here when I should be there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
Just so you know it has been my expierence with the Game on offer you recieve via snail mail that if you call you may just find out it is good for other dates than the ones specified.............Ours said Dec 1-Dec 022, turned out it was good for the entire year and I was able to use it for our Oct vacation in 2010, also the 4 days is just an example, Disney will usually show Mon- Thurs as an example for price as weekends(Fri & Sat Nights) are at a higher rate.
Nothing to lose by calling to see if the pin might work for your dates, a lot to lose($$$) if you just toss it in the trash without calling

Yeah, it said on the postcard to call regarding other dates, lengths of stay and accommodations. I got excited! Called, explained to the CM what I was calling about & what the card said, told him we were interested in other dates and for more nights (didn't tell him we were already booked-didn't want him to think they didn't need to extend the offer since we're already planning on going.) He did some checking...but the only thing he offered was the spring discount (which we're already booked under.) Oh well, like you said, nothing lost. We're still booked but now hoping for the free dining that's rumored to be coming for our dates. The room discount is nice & we had planned to go OOP this trip (have always had free dining.) But if the free dining comes out I think we'll take it. It will save us much more than the spring room discount.
Old 01-14-2012, 10:01 AM   #340
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbygirl View Post
Yeah, it said on the postcard to call regarding other dates, lengths of stay and accommodations. I got excited! Called, explained to the CM what I was calling about & what the card said, told him we were interested in other dates and for more nights (didn't tell him we were already booked-didn't want him to think they didn't need to extend the offer since we're already planning on going.) He did some checking...but the only thing he offered was the spring discount (which we're already booked under.) Oh well, like you said, nothing lost. We're still booked but now hoping for the free dining that's rumored to be coming for our dates. The room discount is nice & we had planned to go OOP this trip (have always had free dining.) But if the free dining comes out I think we'll take it. It will save us much more than the spring room discount.
I hope FD comes out for the dates of your trip, FD does not work as well for DH and I since there are just two of us and we tend to stay Deluxe. We are booked with the RO GP Spring Offer too for 30% which I had to change resorts to get since CR was excluded- only 5% discount

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 12:25 PM   #341
slyster
Mouseketeer

I followed the instructions on how to better my chances to get a PIN code...can someone describe what it looks like when you receive it. I get emails from Disney, but not sure exactly what I'm looking for.

No postcards or letters yet. I know it's a "chance" thing, but I would sure hate to get an email with a lot of disney info in it and "miss" the code
slyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 03:06 PM   #342
whodatdare
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by slyster View Post
I followed the instructions on how to better my chances to get a PIN code...can someone describe what it looks like when you receive it. I get emails from Disney, but not sure exactly what I'm looking for.

No postcards or letters yet. I know it's a "chance" thing, but I would sure hate to get an email with a lot of disney info in it and "miss" the code

They will be from "Disney Destinations"

Message is usually something like "Great offer for the "blank" family"

Good luck!
whodatdare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 08:57 PM   #343
gretchenohar@hotmail

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by slyster View Post

Here's an in-depth article with pics of some recent offers:

http://www.passporterboards.com/blog...-disney-queue/

I highly recommend joining their site as well as the disboards.

Good Luck!

Gretchen
gretchenohar@hotmail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 02:34 PM   #344
slyster
Mouseketeer

wow...thanks to you both! and thanks for the link! It helps to know what I should be looking for! I have been on the passporter board. This board seemed more extensive though. I will definitely keep my eye out. Thanks again!
slyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 09:44 PM   #345
Halloween Baby
Mouseketeer

Does my code give me a discount or what??

I received a code by email today, but all it says is that they're excited we are thinking about staying at all-star music and here's some pictures to look at. Then it tells our vacation plans that I had plugged in and says to book now and mention the specific code. I clicked book now and went through to the end of the process on the site but it doesn't look like I got any discount.

Does Disney just send our codes that save the trips you've looked at or am I looking at it wrong??

Halloween Baby is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: