Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-13-2011, 11:51 AM   #316
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by laborrn2 View Post
sooooo..... if you get an offer by email or mail for a discount at a resort, can you not use that offer along with free dining? How does that work?

Kicking around options for a group of 11 of us to make a trip next year and just wondered if it's possible (in the unlikely event that I receive an offer) to use both......

TIA....
No, you can't combine a free dining offer with other discounts like room/ticket discounts. The free dining offers involve buying a Magic Your Way package with a room and park tickets, paying rack rate for the rooms, but including the Dining Plan. If there's more than one discount offer (free dining vs. others) available to you, you have to pick which one works best for your situation.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic

Last edited by jcarwash; 09-14-2011 at 08:00 AM. Reason: adding that free dining involves a MYW package
jcarwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 05:07 PM   #317
digiMom
DIS Veteran

Thanks for all the great info.

Sorry if this has been answered already. (This is hypothetical; not for what's out there currently.) Let's say there's a room only discount and a free dining discount out at the same time. Can you request one room through the free dining package and then request a connecting room using the room only discount? Or would the connecting room have to be at the rack rate? Thx...

Me DH DD (17) DS (13)

Jan 2012 POP | Oct 2010 POP | Jan 2006 ASSp | Sept 1992 Off Site (Honeymoon) | Poly and CR in the 70s as a kid
"We keep moving forward, opening new doors... because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." ~ Walter Elias Disney
digiMom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-15-2011, 11:49 AM   #318
Twinkler
Mouseketeer

I'm putting it out there into the universe: I really, REALLY, R-E-A-L-L-Y want a 40% off discount pin or code or pin-code. Please code gods, send one my way.
Old 09-26-2011, 10:45 AM   #319
scarymary921
Earning My Ears

Best Time for Hotels

What is the best time of year for Florida Resident discounts at Disney hotels?
scarymary921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 07:58 AM   #320
OceanStateKelly
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkler View Post
I'm putting it out there into the universe: I really, REALLY, R-E-A-L-L-Y want a 40% off discount pin or code or pin-code. Please code gods, send one my way.
Me Too!!

OceanStateKelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 09:43 AM   #321
auprincess
DIS Veteran

~

Last edited by auprincess; 10-10-2011 at 09:49 AM. Reason: duplicate post
auprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 09:44 AM   #322
auprincess
DIS Veteran

I will be at WDW April 14-22. Of course, I'd love a discount!! I am probably looking into this too much and should just be patient before imagining all the "what ifs", but I can't! I am worried that IF a discount comes out, it will begin on April 15 (since the 14th is still holiday pricing). If that is the case, what can I do to still get the discount for the remainder of my vacation? If it is a room only discount, I know I can leave my dates the way they are and just get the discount on the nights it is offered. But what if it is kids stay and play free? We aren't planning on going to a park the 14, so should I just make that day room only? IF we decided to go to a water park that day, could I pick our tickets up early? What about if it were free dining? Thanks for any advice.
auprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 07:51 PM   #323
disneyxo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by digiMom View Post

Sorry if this has been answered already. (This is hypothetical; not for what's out there currently.) Let's say there's a room only discount and a free dining discount out at the same time. Can you request one room through the free dining package and then request a connecting room using the room only discount? Or would the connecting room have to be at the rack rate? Thx...
Did you ever get an answer on this? I was wondering the same thing.
Old 10-16-2011, 08:03 AM   #324
eculmone
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by digiMom View Post

I'll give it a shot A previous question was somewhat related and the answer was basically one or the other BUT... Technically you could IMHO take one room free dining, but all parties in that room would have had to pay for park tickets and room included in that rack rate but you would get your free dining for all those in that one room. You could technically get a second room (if available) with connecting doors at RO discount, but the party in that second room, would not get free dining nor would they have park passes. This is what we are doing. My BIL and SIL with their kids are doing the FD and we jumped in to join them on vacation but already had our tickets and we do not like FD (limits our choices) so we got a RO discount and have made a request for adjoining rooms. Request is made but ONLY if available. We are hoping for at the least, the same building and same hallway... Going to GF with 30% RO discount
RPH - 2010; HRH - 2011; GF-2011; Disneyland California 2012; Disney Cruise & HRH 2013; AKL-2014

eculmone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 09:19 AM   #325
disneyxo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by eculmone View Post
I'll give it a shot A previous question was somewhat related and the answer was basically one or the other BUT... Technically you could IMHO take one room free dining, but all parties in that room would have had to pay for park tickets and room included in that rack rate but you would get your free dining for all those in that one room. You could technically get a second room (if available) with connecting doors at RO discount, but the party in that second room, would not get free dining nor would they have park passes. This is what we are doing. My BIL and SIL with their kids are doing the FD and we jumped in to join them on vacation but already had our tickets and we do not like FD (limits our choices) so we got a RO discount and have made a request for adjoining rooms. Request is made but ONLY if available. We are hoping for at the least, the same building and same hallway... Going to GF with 30% RO discount
Thank you I think I will give Disney a call and switch one of our rooms to the RO discount. Just checked online and still available for our time period.
Old 10-16-2011, 09:29 AM   #326
digiMom
DIS Veteran

Thanks for your help...

Quote:
Did you ever get an answer on this? I was wondering the same thing.
Not until yesterday:

Quote:
I thought this might be the case. I'm glad you found a way for it to work with your group. I hope you get connecting/adjoining or at least close. It sounds fun; I'm trying to talk my bro and SIL into doing the same thing. I was interested in doing this for the extra space. I have a feeling I'll have to get a family suite or just stick to one room. Or maybe rent dvc points and decide whether to buy the dining plan oop. Hmm...

Me DH DD (17) DS (13)

Jan 2012 POP | Oct 2010 POP | Jan 2006 ASSp | Sept 1992 Off Site (Honeymoon) | Poly and CR in the 70s as a kid
"We keep moving forward, opening new doors... because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." ~ Walter Elias Disney
digiMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 09:54 AM   #327
bduncan1976
Earning My Ears

I started getting 40% off offers after I got the Disney credit card.
bduncan1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 12:46 PM   #328
Liza111577
Becoming a DISney addict!!

40% discount after you signed up for credit card? I've had the Disney Visa card for about 2 years and never got anything like that!!
Old 10-31-2011, 04:54 PM   #329
Coffeemate
Earning My Ears

Hey all. Thank you very much for explaining the codes. That helps. We want to go in June but we are hoping for some kind of discount. Please let me know if something becomes available.
Old 11-07-2011, 06:21 PM   #330
okmommy
Earning My Ears

I'd love to know
okmommy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: