Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-09-2011, 10:01 AM   #271
Lulu83
Mouseketeer

Help!

Can somebody please confirm my understanding of the various discount types and how they can be used? I've been to DL once but have never been to WDW and this is a whole new and confusing world for me! We're planning a trip for fall 2012 (we are having a Disney wedding) and I know it's a long time away but I like to be organised early! We will definitely be staying in a Disney resort, most likely one of the Port Orleans, and possibly a Deluxe for a few nights around the actual wedding. So what I'm wondering is:

1. We will get APs with the wedding package (since they are free I'm not really fussed if we have to buy park tickets as well to be eligible for certain discounts). If we use our APs and don't buy park tickets does this mean we are not eligible to purchase a dining plan? I know AP holders get a discount on Tables of Wonderland passes, but I don't think we would really benefit from buying one.. the dining plans on the other hand sound great.

2. If free dining is offered, it is my understanding that it can't be used in combination with any other discount (e.g. room discounts). Is that correct?

3. Can you receive free dining if you have an AP or do you need actual park tickets?

4. Is my best chance of getting a PIN code to somehow give WDW my email address? Unfortunately because I live in Australia they won't post me a planning DVD so I can't give my details that way. Is there some kind of newsletter I can sign up to or something?

5. I know that nobody knows for sure when free dining will be offered, or who will get a PIN, but in the past has it been offered in early November (before Thanksgiving)? And if so; was it to the general public or only the lucky people to receive PINs?

Thank you SO much for your help!

January 2011, Disneyland ~ October 2012, married at WDW ~ December 2012, Disneyland
Lulu83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 09:58 AM   #272
CanadianGuy

Me and My Posse doing our New Kids on the Block moves at PI

DISboards Moderator

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulu83 View Post
1. We will get APs with the wedding package (since they are free I'm not really fussed if we have to buy park tickets as well to be eligible for certain discounts). If we use our APs and don't buy park tickets does this mean we are not eligible to purchase a dining plan? I know AP holders get a discount on Tables of Wonderland passes, but I don't think we would really benefit from buying one.. the dining plans on the other hand sound great.
Typically there is a "paid" dining offer for those who hold Annual Passes. Ask when you book. (This isn't a discount it's regular price)

Quote:
2. If free dining is offered, it is my understanding that it can't be used in combination with any other discount (e.g. room discounts). Is that correct?
Correct. Only one discount offer per booking may be used.

Quote:
3. Can you receive free dining if you have an AP or do you need actual park tickets?
And typically there is no alternate offer for those with AP's for FREE DINING. Free dining requires ticket purchase almost always.

Quote:
4. Is my best chance of getting a PIN code to somehow give WDW my email address? Unfortunately because I live in Australia they won't post me a planning DVD so I can't give my details that way. Is there some kind of newsletter I can sign up to or something?
Sign up @ Disney.com and do the online vacation planning thing. That will work too.

Quote:
5. I know that nobody knows for sure when free dining will be offered, or who will get a PIN, but in the past has it been offered in early November (before Thanksgiving)? And if so; was it to the general public or only the lucky people to receive PINs?
I'm going by memory.. but while I know it has been offered in that calendar month before T-Giving once or twice.. I wouldn't count on that. Sometimes they extend past end of October.. but .. no guarantees.

06/1995 - All Star Music | 11/1998 - Wilderness Lodge | 10/1999 - Disneyland
06/2006 - Pop Century | 03/2007 - Pop Century | 06/2007 - Coronado Springs
12/2007 - All Star Sports | 06/2008 - Pop Century | 09/2008 - All Star Sports
06/2010 - Swan | 06/2012 - Dolphin | 01/2013 - All Star Sports

CanadianGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-11-2011, 02:55 PM   #273
esmetutu
A Bear Band bear

Quick question:
What if I make my reservation now with no discount, then later on receive a PIN but don't realize it...

Will Disney let me know somehow I have an unused PIN (via confirmation of reservation later down the line, or a phone call, even upon check-in, etc.) or will they just apply it on their own if no other discount has been applied yet??? Or nothing at all?

If they frown upon guests calling to ask if a PIN has been attached to a name (or if they won't give the info through the reservation system anymore), how does one truly make sure there's no PIN? Just take a chance and call 45 days out and hope you get someone nice?

Disney is up-to-date on our email and snail mail addresses, but if a PIN comes to my husband who isn't ACTIVELY looking for it... Chances are it will never see the light of day.

Thank you!

OVER a ZILLION trips to Disneyland and counting!
Oct. 2006-POFQ
Mar./Apr. 2014-WWoHP & WDW
esmetutu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 12:58 PM   #274
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by esmetutu View Post
Quick question:
What if I make my reservation now with no discount, then later on receive a PIN but don't realize it...

Will Disney let me know somehow I have an unused PIN (via confirmation of reservation later down the line, or a phone call, even upon check-in, etc.) or will they just apply it on their own if no other discount has been applied yet??? Or nothing at all?

If they frown upon guests calling to ask if a PIN has been attached to a name (or if they won't give the info through the reservation system anymore), how does one truly make sure there's no PIN? Just take a chance and call 45 days out and hope you get someone nice?

Disney is up-to-date on our email and snail mail addresses, but if a PIN comes to my husband who isn't ACTIVELY looking for it... Chances are it will never see the light of day.

Thank you!
I do not think Disney alerts you to the fact that a pin # has been attached to your name. At least I do not recall anyone saying that they have. I usually ask about a pin when I call to make changes , add flights, add room requests.

I had to chuckle a little when you said about your DH getting an email, since I bug mine all the time asking if he has checked his Junk mail folder.
Disney did send him a pin , thank goodness it came snail mail

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 07:40 PM   #275
ExplorerHD
Earning My Ears

good info, thanks
ExplorerHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 07:35 PM   #276
sbnorton
Earning My Ears

I'm off to sign up and ask for a DVD then since I'm planning for our first trip this fall.
sbnorton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 11:41 AM   #277
makmelsmom
Earning My Ears

can these PINs/CODEs be entered somewhere online when booking the reservation? Or added to an exisitng reservation online - or do you have to actually call them?
makmelsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 02:22 PM   #278
jordancej
Howdy from the Great State of Texas!

You have to call them, but they are always very helpful!
2004 - December - POFQ / 2005 - December - POFQ / 2006 - October - POP - 1st Solo Trip!! / 2008 - May - POP - Celebrated 40th B-Day! - 2nd Solo Trip! / 2008 - Dec - POP - 3rd Solo Trip! / 2009 - May - POP - B-Day Trip - 4th Solo Trip! / 2009 - Sept - All-Star Sports 5th Solo Trip! / 2010 - May B-Day Trip! - Pop - 6th Solo Trip! / 2011 - Mom & Daughter Trip! - POFQ! / 2011 - D23 Magic & Merriment Dec Trip with Best Friend! - POP / 2012 - Sister & Niece Trip! - POFQ! / 2012 - Planning B-day Trip in May! - POFQ!

jordancej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 02:49 PM   #279
makmelsmom
Earning My Ears

I will make sure to have the number handy at all time then! Thanks!!
makmelsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 12:57 AM   #280
lilwhiterabbit
Wishing Upon a Star

Here's a question I never thought I'd have to ask, but how long do you have until personal PIN codes expire?

See, I got a PIN in my email on Feb 12 and I thought, "Okay, great! Let me get the gang together and see when they want to go." It's taken me until now to get everyone to commit to a date, so I go tonight to get the pin out of my email and see that it says to, "Hurry now and book before Feb 28!"

Does that mean my PIN code is expired and I can no longer use it? And why would they send me a PIN if I've only got a few weeks to act upon it? Yikes!

We're still planning on going, but if the PIN's not valid, we may be staying offsite instead.
lilwhiterabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 07:44 AM   #281
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Yes...it is expired

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilwhiterabbit View Post
Here's a question I never thought I'd have to ask, but how long do you have until personal PIN codes expire?

See, I got a PIN in my email on Feb 12 and I thought, "Okay, great! Let me get the gang together and see when they want to go." It's taken me until now to get everyone to commit to a date, so I go tonight to get the pin out of my email and see that it says to, "Hurry now and book before Feb 28!"

Does that mean my PIN code is expired and I can no longer use it? And why would they send me a PIN if I've only got a few weeks to act upon it? Yikes!

We're still planning on going, but if the PIN's not valid, we may be staying offsite instead.
The "book before" date is the expiration date.
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 03:05 PM   #282
kddill
Mouseketeer

Wrong Name Pin Code ?

My teenage son thought he would be funny, went into my WDW account and ordered a free vacation DVD under the name Ben Dover. Juvenile joke, AUGH! So- now we get advertisement materials from WDW for the Dover Family! it was sort of funny until I got a free dining pin code in the mail for Ben Dover during the exact June 2011 dates I would need it for. So- I called the Reservationist and embarrasingly told her the whole sordid story. She said since it is in the wrong name, I can't use it. Even though it came to my address and it is my child that pulled this. There is no Ben Dover so, obvious his name can't be on teh ressie.

Anyone ever have any success getting pin code name issues straightened out? So frustrated...
kddill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 04:08 PM   #283
kddill
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kddill View Post
My teenage son thought he would be funny, went into my WDW account and ordered a free vacation DVD under the name Ben Dover. Juvenile joke, AUGH! So- now we get advertisement materials from WDW for the Dover Family! it was sort of funny until I got a free dining pin code in the mail for Ben Dover during the exact June 2011 dates I would need it for. So- I called the Reservationist and embarrasingly told her the whole sordid story. She said since it is in the wrong name, I can't use it. Even though it came to my address and it is my child that pulled this. There is no Ben Dover so, obvious his name can't be on teh ressie.

Anyone ever have any success getting pin code name issues straightened out? So frustrated...
Well, I called back in and spoke with someone else and they were able to switch the name on the pin code to my correct name. So- I guess it pays to call back!!
kddill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 01:21 AM   #284
lilwhiterabbit
Wishing Upon a Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425 View Post
The "book before" date is the expiration date.
Thanks for letting me know. I still have no idea why they'd send me a PIN code that expired barely two and a half weeks after it arrived. Well, unless we get another one in the next couple of months, offsite rental condo it is.
lilwhiterabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 02:32 PM   #285
Granfan
DIS Veteran

I learned to pay close attention to all info on the offer. The dates it can be used, book by date (expiration date) and phone number to call to use. I booked on time but then tried to change my dates to another allowed time and one CM told me I couldn't because the book by date/pin code was expired. I called another one who said no at first but then she called someone else who allowed her to make the change in dates at the pin code rate (40% off). Just depends on which CM you get sometimes.
Granfan is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: