Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-2011, 09:57 PM   #256
miller mom
Earning My Ears

Talking Pin vs Code

Which is better to have a Pin or a Code? How much are the discounts for Pins? And how come I get junk mail for everything else, but not this!!
miller mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 07:16 PM   #257
jimim
DIS Veteran

Hi first time poster, long time lurker!

We have been going to Disney for over 10 years now, my wife and I. We have been doing multiple trips a year now and got an annual pass for this year.

I am some questions re: discounts for the annual pass holders. . .

are there any other codes or pins that pass holders might get besides what is advertised on the disney webpage such as the rates are available out to 4/16 right now?

Also when I called to book a trip yesterday the cast member said there was nothing out past 4/16 yet but there was a code he gave me from the newsletter. he said it could only be used online? i thought u can't put coeds in online? sooooo I called back today and the cast member said u can't put them in online and it was for use calling in even though the last cast member said it was for online use only.

I'm getting kinda confused at this point. any tips for annual pass holders for discounts. is there a place i can get a full list of what's out there and i thought by being an annual holder now i didn't have to bother wit the whole wait for a message on my email anymore, but it seems like I might still have to?

Thanks! Sorry if this is confusing but I can't get one story to line up with 2 cast members. Everyone tells a diff story!

It's frustrating. I remember years ago U just booked and went. U called a few months early for dinner reservations and U got anything U wanted. Now I got my cellphone beeping me with a reminder to get out there and make dinner res 180 days out,not cause i want ot but cause I HAVE to now or I won't get in any of the places we want.

So different than years ago. . . not all bad just different!

Thanks for listening and hope to hear from some people soon with advice!

All the best,
jimi
jimim is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-06-2011, 02:37 AM   #258
Rachaelt
Mouseketeer

AP holders do get PINS sometimes too, Jimi. There is one out right now. Check your spam folder, and don't delete anything from Disney Destinations without reading first.
Rachaelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 05:08 PM   #259
jimim
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachaelt View Post
AP holders do get PINS sometimes too, Jimi. There is one out right now. Check your spam folder, and don't delete anything from Disney Destinations without reading first.
Hey thanks for that. Is it the ones for the two chunks of time that don't cover July but up to oct?

Oh I always check it. I make sure of that?

If this isn't the one can u maybe get back to me?

Thanks,
Jimi
jimim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 11:23 PM   #260
sb_sparky
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimim View Post

Hey thanks for that. Is it the ones for the two chunks of time that don't cover July but up to oct?

Oh I always check it. I make sure of that?

If this isn't the one can u maybe get back to me?

Thanks,
Jimi
Oh no! I just deleted an email from Disney Destinations and then emptied my deleted folder. Is there any way to still find a pin? I had never heard about pins / codes, etc... this is all new to me.

Thanks
sb_sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 11:26 PM   #261
MistressMerryweather
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sb_sparky View Post
Oh no! I just deleted an email from Disney Destinations and then emptied my deleted folder. Is there any way to still find a pin? I had never heard about pins / codes, etc... this is all new to me.

Thanks
If you call Disney, it should be attached to your name and address.

Me ~ DH ~ Ds(11) ~ Dd(9) ~ Ds(5) ~ Dd(3) ...our Sept. 2010 DW souvenir ~ Dd(1)

MistressMerryweather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 11:34 PM   #262
sb_sparky
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistressMerryweather View Post
If you call Disney, it should be attached to your name and address.
Great thank you so much!
sb_sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 04:14 PM   #263
savvywifey
Earning My Ears

wow useful thanks!
savvywifey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 11:44 AM   #264
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Deleted... I found my answer.

Last edited by afwdwfan; 01-13-2011 at 12:35 PM.
afwdwfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 01:55 PM   #265
Aljo
Mouseketeer

I received a pin and didn't even know it. Am not an expert by any means and just planned a trip for DD who is there right now. After reading this thread on pins, I realized a few weeks back I received an email from Disney Destinations but didn't really pay attention to it. Went back to it today and sure enough, there it was. Unfortunately WDW is not in the plans for this year (going to Italy this summer, it will be our 25th wedding anniversary and taking both our children too) Wish it didn't have to go to waste as I'm dying to get back to WDW.

I have a question though, and forgive me if I've missed this somewhere. Can you give the Pin number to a travel agent, or do you have to book it yourself?
Aljo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 08:26 PM   #266
lilspinchick
Earning My Ears

Lurker but first time poster here!!

We've booked a trip to Disney November 19th-26th 2011 at the Wilderness Villas (2-bedroom). We received a PIN just today...YAYAYAY! .

My TA is currently on the Disney Dream Cruise so I called Disney myself to find out what I was entitled to. They wouldn't give me all of the details but said we were blacked out for all days but one. We were eligible for 40% off ONE DAY. Wahhh.

Do they ever LIFT the black out dates??? Has anyone experienced a black out? If so, are there other promotions that you know of during this time period that may be more worth our while if we are offered it? Anyone also in the same boat? Love to hear from you!!!!
Old 01-20-2011, 03:32 PM   #267
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilspinchick View Post
Lurker but first time poster here!!

We've booked a trip to Disney November 19th-26th 2011 at the Wilderness Villas (2-bedroom). We received a PIN just today...YAYAYAY! .

My TA is currently on the Disney Dream Cruise so I called Disney myself to find out what I was entitled to. They wouldn't give me all of the details but said we were blacked out for all days but one. We were eligible for 40% off ONE DAY. Wahhh.

Do they ever LIFT the black out dates??? Has anyone experienced a black out? If so, are there other promotions that you know of during this time period that may be more worth our while if we are offered it? Anyone also in the same boat? Love to hear from you!!!!
Major Holidays like Thanksgiving are always blacked out when it comes to % off room discounts, pin # or public offer.
I do believe in 2010 FD was offered in Nov with cutoff before Thanksgiving week but as long as you check in on the last day of the FD promo or before it will extend thru your vacation up to a total of 14 days.

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 09:41 AM   #268
kc7zja
Haunted Mansion Fan

Thumbs up Thank you for the info !

I was wondering about the codes, pin codes, etc. You did an excellent job of explaining these. Much appreciated.
kc7zja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 08:36 AM   #269
lilspinchick
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
Major Holidays like Thanksgiving are always blacked out when it comes to % off room discounts, pin # or public offer.
I do believe in 2010 FD was offered in Nov with cutoff before Thanksgiving week but as long as you check in on the last day of the FD promo or before it will extend thru your vacation up to a total of 14 days.
Wonderful, thank you so much for the clarification!
Old 02-19-2011, 10:50 AM   #270
millweather
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc7zja View Post
I was wondering about the codes, pin codes, etc. You did an excellent job of explaining these. Much appreciated.
Agreed! Newbie learning this as well.

Another boardie got a PIN with these dates and I submitted a thread somewhere else, but not sure i the correct place...so double checking here.

Another boardie got this: cut and pasted

"Special Resort Offer
Save on a stay at select
Walt Disney World® Resort hotels

Save up to 35%*
at Disney Value Resorts and
Disney Moderate Resorts

Save up to 40%*
at Disney Deluxe Resorts and
Disney Deluxe Villa Resorts

For stays most nights:
2/27-3/5/11, 5/8-5/27/11, 5/31-6/4/11, 8/21-10/8/11, 10/23-10/29/11, 11/13-11/19/11, 11/27-12/3/11, 12/11-12/24/11. "

If our October travel dates are not in there, is does anyone know if there is reason to hope our dates may be in there? (10/15-10-22)

TIA!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: