Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-22-2010, 06:46 AM   #196
CanadianGuy

Me and My Posse doing our New Kids on the Block moves at PI

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by getit623 View Post
I just booked a ten day stay in october, my dates are 10/6-10/16. I received a pin for 20% off value reservations, so i booked at pop. my pin details state good for stays 7/5-10/7, and 10/11-11/23 so the 8th 9th and 10th are blacked out, this part i understand, the cm i spoke with said i could only get the discount for the first 2 days of our stay and would not get the rest of the stay at any discount!?!?!? So I have 7 nights eligible for the discount but only get 2 of them? The cm says i would have to book two stays to get the discount for all of the eligible days. The last vacation I booked had these blackout dates on the beginning of my ten day trip but I got the last 8 days of that trip discounted, has disney changed that since 08? Thanks in advance for any help
Call again - ask for a supervisor. Something is wonky here.

Seriously .. ask for a supervisor.

06/1995 - All Star Music | 11/1998 - Wilderness Lodge | 10/1999 - Disneyland
06/2006 - Pop Century | 03/2007 - Pop Century | 06/2007 - Coronado Springs
12/2007 - All Star Sports | 06/2008 - Pop Century | 09/2008 - All Star Sports
06/2010 - Swan | 06/2012 - Dolphin | 01/2013 - All Star Sports

CanadianGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 09:26 AM   #197
BABY_EINSTEIN'S_MOM
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianGuy View Post
Call again - ask for a supervisor. Something is wonky here.

Seriously .. ask for a supervisor.
I have a similar question. I have a 20/30/40 year long discount. I wanted to vacation from Oct. 9-16. Well, the 9th and 10th are blacked out.

At first the CM said, "well, that will be like $500 more dollars(i was booked CR mk view, hence the high extra price). Then she said, "well, actually, you cannot even do that". Hmm, guess she was confused.

Anyway, I just went ahead and said "fine, book me starting on the 11th then". Is this the only choice I have? Considering my kids would miss a day of school/soccer, I am willing to pay extra for those first two nights, but obviously I don't want to make two different ressies and pay the extra costs incurred by that(assuming it would be like a split stay as far as having to pay more for tickets).
June 2009~2 week WDW-Cocoa beach extravaganza!/Windsor Hills
October 2010~Our 1st WDW MNSSHP/Windsor Hills
June 2012~ 2 week WDW(YES program)-Universal-Seaworld-Cocoa beach/Windsor Hills

BABY_EINSTEIN'S_MOM is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-11-2010, 10:34 AM   #198
danielle782001
DIS Veteran

30% off room only

I was wondering if there is a code for that one? I saw that it was for the general public but the information did not include a code

DVC Members @ AKL & SSR
*? 1975- Off Property *Aug 1988- Off Property *July 2001- AKL/WL (Our Honeymoon) *Dec 2005-WL (MVMCP) *Dec 2006- BWV(MVMCP) *May 2007- BCV *Oct 2007- VWL Happy Birthday AJ! (MNSSHP) *Jan 2008-AKL (P&PP)*July 2009 SSR/AKL*Thanksgiving 2009-AKL *July 2010 AKL CL/BLT/Poly*July 2011 BLT & BC*June 2012 SSR*Dec 2012 SSR & WL*July 2013 AKL/BWV/DCL*June 2014 VGF & DCL
Me (40) DH (44)DS (11) DS (9)
danielle782001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 03:33 PM   #199
Melodious
DIS Veteran

This is undoubtedly a strange question particularly because I don't have a pin code (yet, I keep hoping ), but I'm currently volunteering outside the US and will be until our Disney trip. I don't have an address and there is no mail in Ganta, Liberia. I have, however, kept my old New Orleans address on my Disney account. If I were to get a pin, would I have a problem using it because I don't technically live at that address right now? I don't suppose my mom could even use it because it would be a lot easier for her to call? I'm just trying to figure out what the rules are

Melodious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 09:11 PM   #200
GrUvGrL
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melodious View Post
This is undoubtedly a strange question particularly because I don't have a pin code (yet, I keep hoping ), but I'm currently volunteering outside the US and will be until our Disney trip. I don't have an address and there is no mail in Ganta, Liberia. I have, however, kept my old New Orleans address on my Disney account. If I were to get a pin, would I have a problem using it because I don't technically live at that address right now? I don't suppose my mom could even use it because it would be a lot easier for her to call? I'm just trying to figure out what the rules are
We booked our vacation over the phone. We initially wanted the FW Cabins only because there are 6 of us traveling and food costs add up, so we really liked the idea of having a kitchen.
At some point, my husband tells me "ask if there are any codes associated with our names" and I find out... yes, yes there is. The pin code was sent to our old address and, well we haven't lived there for a year. So, a quick change of address in their database and voila!
We have free dinning and changed our minds and got 2 rooms at POP instead.
I think that the pin is assigned to you, not your address, considering only you can use it.

Hope this helps!

2008 All Star Movies - 2010 Pop Century - 2011 All Star Sports - 2012 April Carnival Cruise (Nassau) - 2012 August Carnival Cruise (Grand Turk & Nassau) followed by 2012 - August - Art of Animation
GrUvGrL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 04:03 PM   #201
Melodious
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the info. Now I have a pin and another question Hopefully I can use the pin and hopefully my mom can call so I don't have to call Disney from Africa.

What about a split stay? Even with the pin, we probably don't want to pay to stay ten nights in the Contemporary but we've never done deluxe. Can we make two reservations, as it were, and apply the 40% to the first room at the Contemporary and then apply the 30% at the POFQ where we had intended to stay? It's like booking two rooms, right? And I can book up to three on the pin?? Thanks again (I'm still so excited about the pin ).

Old 04-23-2010, 06:13 PM   #202
GrUvGrL
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melodious View Post
Thanks for the info. Now I have a pin and another question Hopefully I can use the pin and hopefully my mom can call so I don't have to call Disney from Africa.

What about a split stay? Even with the pin, we probably don't want to pay to stay ten nights in the Contemporary but we've never done deluxe. Can we make two reservations, as it were, and apply the 40% to the first room at the Contemporary and then apply the 30% at the POFQ where we had intended to stay? It's like booking two rooms, right? And I can book up to three on the pin?? Thanks again (I'm still so excited about the pin ).
That i am not so sure about, but if someone doesn't step in over the weekend to answer ya and you are still wondering I can give them a quick call for you!

2008 All Star Movies - 2010 Pop Century - 2011 All Star Sports - 2012 April Carnival Cruise (Nassau) - 2012 August Carnival Cruise (Grand Turk & Nassau) followed by 2012 - August - Art of Animation
GrUvGrL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 03:17 PM   #203
Melodious
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrUvGrL View Post
That i am not so sure about, but if someone doesn't step in over the weekend to answer ya and you are still wondering I can give them a quick call for you!
Awww thanks so much, that's so sweet of you . Yeah, no one ever answered, but then suddenly my mom changed her mind about the GF and totally forgot the Contemporary. And then she HAD to have the GF since this may be our only opportunity for a discount like this and who knows when we'll go back to Disney and yada yada, so she booked the whole trip at the GF. It's still a good question for others if anyone does eventually post the answer.

And I'm super excited because I wanted the GF but I'm not paying the bill since I currently make no money

Oh and when my mom called Disney they already had my pin attached to the reservation she had already made for POFQ, so it was no problem for her to use the pin to book the GF. I don't think they even asked her to verify anything or asked anything about me!

Last edited by Melodious; 04-24-2010 at 03:22 PM. Reason: added that my mom used pin
Old 04-26-2010, 08:45 PM   #204
sunsetbeachgal
DIS Veteran

This Board is the greatest...I read about the Pin code, did exactly as told (different e-mail, did two bookings without Disney hotels) and got the code today. Called and applied the PIN code to all three of our reservations (we are a party of 9-three rooms). Needless to say we are thrilled and so thankful for the wonderful help from this board! Thank you all so much!!

Family Reunion trip at Disney ASMu Nov. 7-13, 2010. It was perfect

March, 2012 Disney getaway at Coronado Springs for the adults only!

October, 2012 went to Disneyland..and I've never seen such crowds anywhere in my life!

June 15-22, 2013. Family trip to WDW at POFQ First WDW Summer trip and it was fantastic!

March, 2014. Universal Studios and cruise on Freedom of the Seas
sunsetbeachgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 07:18 AM   #205
Desperad07
Earning My Ears

Forgive me if that has been stated elsewhere. I couldn't find and have to rush off to work. I booked Free Dining last week but now see that hotel discounts have been released. 40% off of a Deluxe stay for 7 days would be worth more off to me than free dining. But my stay is Oct 2-9. Free dining extended the whole stay. I'm not sure if discounts (which end Oct 2) work the same way.

Not sure if i should call and redo my reservation or if it's even worth the hassle.
Desperad07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 07:39 AM   #206
CanadianGuy

Me and My Posse doing our New Kids on the Block moves at PI

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desperad07 View Post
Forgive me if that has been stated elsewhere. I couldn't find and have to rush off to work. I booked Free Dining last week but now see that hotel discounts have been released. 40% off of a Deluxe stay for 7 days would be worth more off to me than free dining. But my stay is Oct 2-9. Free dining extended the whole stay. I'm not sure if discounts (which end Oct 2) work the same way.

Not sure if i should call and redo my reservation or if it's even worth the hassle.
Yes it probably would work out cheaper.

Yes you can easily switch discounts without rebooking the whole trip provided there is discounted room inventory at the resort you've chosen.

Call to confirm.

06/1995 - All Star Music | 11/1998 - Wilderness Lodge | 10/1999 - Disneyland
06/2006 - Pop Century | 03/2007 - Pop Century | 06/2007 - Coronado Springs
12/2007 - All Star Sports | 06/2008 - Pop Century | 09/2008 - All Star Sports
06/2010 - Swan | 06/2012 - Dolphin | 01/2013 - All Star Sports

CanadianGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 08:22 PM   #207
katybugsmom
DIS Veteran

Lost Pin?

I know this sounds stupid, but I think Disney sent me a PIN a month or so ago and I didn't pay much attention to it because we hadn't planned on going to WDW this year. I deleted the email. Would Disney keep any kind of record? I didn't know if I could call and check. I registered last night with my husband's email address, so now I'm just waiting. Hoping for another PIN!
I promise I won't delete the next one!!!!!!
Old 05-04-2010, 08:24 PM   #208
lovetoscrap
Sees tag fairy posts that aren't there
Please bring back the Gecko and dump the stupid eyeballs
Just a timy bit dixzy

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by katybugsmom View Post
I know this sounds stupid, but I think Disney sent me a PIN a month or so ago and I didn't pay much attention to it because we hadn't planned on going to WDW this year. I deleted the email. Would Disney keep any kind of record? I didn't know if I could call and check. I registered last night with my husband's email address, so now I'm just waiting. Hoping for another PIN!
I promise I won't delete the next one!!!!!!
Call them. They should see the PIN code when they look up your account.

SCRAPbooking, I love to SCRAPbook. Don't worry, you're not the only one that read it wrong!
*Grand Duchess of Airline Check Ins and Upgrades**Lady In Waiting of The Cheap Boxed Wine Chamber**Grand Princess Royale of Cookieland* Another quality, content-rich post by LTS
lovetoscrap is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 05:17 AM   #209
ljm23
DIS Veteran

Or check the trash bin in your email. It might still be there!

ljm23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 05:11 PM   #210
katybugsmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljm23 View Post
Or check the trash bin in your email. It might still be there!
Thanks! I thought about that as soon as I posted! Good news-I found 2 pins! Bad news-it was for FD through October! We're going in December so neither will help us!!!!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: