Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-29-2014, 05:12 PM   #1
tyniknate
DIS Veteran

The "No Food For You" Waiting on PINS & Needles Room Only Discount Club -Come Join Us

OK, so it seems a LOT of us are not going to make the dates for free dining. Disney has really done a hack job with the dates for this year. That leaves me waiting for room only discount or some other type of deal.

This is the invitation to all who are as disappointed as I am with the free dining promo to join me here in stalking all-things Disney looking for another type of discount. Come on, don't be ashamed. You know you wanna join this club! Who is gonna join me?

Worse comes to worst we can regale each other with our tales of waiting and worrying; changing dining reservations a million times; stalking the mailman for our travel packets; agonizing over which color of magic band we will choose; choosing the perfect fastpasses; or whatever else might be on your mind!

First hundred subscribers get access to my "special code" disney sent me for a rack rate vacation......LOL!

Last edited by tyniknate; 04-30-2014 at 06:03 AM.
tyniknate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 06:52 PM   #2
LittleStinkerbelle
DIS Veteran

I'll wait with 'ya! Our dates don't fall within the free dining range I read earlier today. And as I posted then, I'm not sure if it would help us anyway because we're doing 1 night AoA and 2 nights BWI (is there still a 3 night minimum for FD?). The split stay is the only way I could make the budget numbers work and we really want to be at BWI for our F&WF days. Hoping there will be a RO discount for at least those two nights. Sure would be nice to have some extra money to put towards stuffing myself at the food booths . But either way, airfare is bought so we'll be there!

Planning a "super-secret" October F&WF weekend!

DFTVR - Memories Collection, October 2010 at Conch Key Marina
LittleStinkerbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-29-2014, 08:58 PM   #3
Nafinegar
Mouseketeer

I'm with you. Booked a trip for do and I to celebrate our 20th anniversary. We chose 10/21-10/27' specifically because free dining had Ben offered in the past. We can't change the date with my mother in law's schedule. Grateful that she is taking the kids, super grateful to have an adults only trip. Discount would be nice, but I am still excited for our trip!!
Nafinegar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 09:01 PM   #4
martinmont
Mouseketeer

Me! We are doing deluxe, so RO discounts is better for us!

My First Ever PTR!
martinmont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 09:35 PM   #5
Shadowcat70
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafinegar View Post
I'm with you. Booked a trip for do and I to celebrate our 20th anniversary. We chose 10/21-10/27' specifically because free dining had Ben offered in the past. We can't change the date with my mother in law's schedule. Grateful that she is taking the kids, super grateful to have an adults only trip. Discount would be nice, but I am still excited for our trip!!
We're in the same boat. Planned to go 10/17 - 10/25 based on past scheduling. Taking my parents with who have never been. They are retired, but watch our sweet nieces for my awesome brother and his wife during the day. Brother has to request time off waaay in advance so he already has that week off to cover for them being with us, and there's no changing that.

We're bummed, but still going. Just not sure if we are staying on site or going to rent a vacation home. Staying on site without any discount is just too expensive for us.

Here's hoping for something, whether it be a PIN that miraculously covers our dates, or some sort of room discount. I can't imagine they would offer nothing when they at least offered a room discount in the middle of summer. But who knows.

First Trip to the World - May 27 - June 6th, 2011 at Pop Century.
Shadowcat70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 09:53 PM   #6
houstonmama
Mouseketeer

I'm here ... We might go in September and stay mod w/FD but we've always stayed deluxe and prefer it so if a great RO discount comes out pixie dust: maybe we'll just stick with what we know Trying new things is overrated anyway!

houstonmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 10:00 PM   #7
jtowntoflorida
Looking Like I Can't Really Afford To Go To Disney Since 2012!

We're staying in a 1 bedroom at BLT during peak season (December 13-20th) so a RO discount will save us more $$ than free dining. Fingers crossed!
jtowntoflorida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 11:06 PM   #8
agavegirl1
DIS Veteran

I have always been looking for a RO discount since the dining plan doesn't fit the way we eat. Staying at POP October arriving 10/17 and checking out 10/26. Hoping for some kind of discount.
Old 04-30-2014, 04:06 AM   #9
shyjade
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by agavegirl1
I have always been looking for a RO discount since the dining plan doesn't fit the way we eat. Staying at POP October arriving 10/17 and checking out 10/26. Hoping for some kind of discount.
Same here, only checking out on the 23Rd. Is it strange I'm almost relieved there is no FD that week so maybe the crowds will be better than last year that same week? Here's hoping....

shyjade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 05:57 AM   #10
juliehoey
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow...OMDD WINNER!!

I'm with you! Something has to come out...End on 8/28 and nothing until 8/31?! My dates fall right in between those for one of the stays. that week at WL.

juliehoey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 05:58 AM   #11
Ozzygirl
Mouseketeer

Joining in! Our dates 10/18-10/25 at YC. I was always hoping for RO so at least I have company waiting

I am not to hopeful as YC is showing fully booked for that week and BC has Lv rooms available only

Plan B is in effect and we will be there either way maybe at the Dolphin instead though
Old 04-30-2014, 05:59 AM   #12
tyniknate
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyjade View Post
Same here, only checking out on the 23Rd. Is it strange I'm almost relieved there is no FD that week so maybe the crowds will be better than last year that same week? Here's hoping....
My sister and I were discussing this last week. Free dining works out great for us, but the crowds were unbelievable! What used to be walk-ons were now 30 minute waits. Almost happy that maybe crowds will shift to weeks where dining is offered and we can go back to a week of walk-on-ride bliss. Since we had so many meal and snack credits left at the end of our stay last time (2011) we are aware that while "free" dining works well for us, its just too much food. We had 7 meal credits and 27 snack credits left at the end of our 8 day stay between the 5 of us (and that was after gorging ourselves all week). Almost felt like we were "wasting" food having all those credits left. We picked out a bunch of junk at the end of the week to bring home with us, but honestly most of it just got thrown away.

Here's hoping for a nice discount instead.

tyniknate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 06:49 AM   #13
ottawamom
Mouseketeer

I'm joining all of you. Sad but relieved at the same time. Now I can eat the portion size I prefer. My DH and I will likely split some meals. Last time with FD I ate way too much food and just didn't even want to look at another meal by the end of our holiday.

After I buy discounted tickets and pay OOP for food the difference isn't huge for us. RO discount here we come!
Old 04-30-2014, 07:46 AM   #14
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Joining in.

We are at POP Oct. 17-26. Going with or without a discount, but would love to save a few bucks.
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 09:17 AM   #15
red712371
Mouseketeer

I'm in - we have a bounceback, but it doesn't cover all of our days. Whatever money we save means more Orange Slushies in France for me.
red712371 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: