Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2008, 05:18 PM   #1
strickland
Earning My Ears

Distance from Board Walk to Epcot

I was just wondering about the walking distance from Board Walk to Epcot. The vacation planning video says that it's "just a short stroll away". In another place, (maybe this web site) I saw that it was 3 miles from Board Walk to Epcot. If we stay there, we were planning to walk to Epcot, but 3 miles there with kids may be too much. Any comments?
strickland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 05:22 PM   #2
WickedWench
Ruthless Pirate turned Polynesian Princess

It's not 3 miles. It's more than a stroll tho. I would say that at an average pace it's about a 10 minute walk, would probably be longer for little legs. You can take the friendship boats if the little ones are too tired.

View my Disney photos here.

Early 2010 ????? / Oct 2007 Polynesian & Animal Kingdom Lodge / Oct 2005 Grand Californian / June 2003 Boardwalk Inn / 1988 Grand Floridian / 1987, 1986 Polynesian / 1985 Treehouses / 1984 Contemporary & Polynesian / 1983, 1982, 1981 Polynesian / 1980 Fort Wilderness / 1979, 1978 Polynesian / 1977 Contemporary / May 1976 Polynesian

WickedWench is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-12-2008, 05:24 PM   #3
MickeyNicki
It is pretty darn sad when a valet picks you out as a big Boma eater

We have stayed at Swan/Dolphin and YC and I think they are a lot further away than the BW but for us 2 adults it doesnt take that long, maybe 10 minutes or so. It is fantastic for us because we like WS the best and that is where you enter into from the back way
MickeyNicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 06:03 PM   #4
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

The only way that could be 3 miles is if you were trying to drive from Boardwalk to Epcot's front entrance.

As others have said, the walk from BW to Epcot is only 10 minutes. Don't bother with the boat unless it has just arrived when you get there otherwise it will take a lot longer.
Old 01-12-2008, 06:22 PM   #5
lizanne
DIS Veteran

We always walk back from EPCOT to the Boardwalk. I'm 60 and not in great shape. If I can do it after walking around EPCOT for hours, anyone can.

But it really is only about a 10 minute walk, if that.
lizanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 06:57 PM   #6
DizzyFORDisney
Mouseketeer

Hi,

Nope it is definitely not a 3 mile walk (maybe they gave the distance that the buses have to travel?).

My family and I are always using google earth to look at Disney World. You can even measure distances with it.

Check this link for some aerial Disney shots and more info about Google Earth.

http://www.plan-a-magical-vacation.c...al-disney.html

I also like to zoom in on my own neighborhood and map out distances for walking or jogging.

It really is addictive!!
DizzyFORDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 07:11 PM   #7
kmc
not all who wander are lost....

we just got back from BWV and took the boat everyday(which took about 20-25 min because they stop at swan and YC/BC ) well the day before we left we just missed the boat so we walked and i was shocked at how close it really is-it is less than a 10 min walk and i really wish we tried walking earlier...oh well live and learn
kmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 07:17 PM   #8
jctwizzer
DIS Veteran

By my pedometer, it's .6 of a mile
jctwizzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 09:45 AM   #9
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmc View Post
we just got back from BWV and took the boat everyday(which took about 20-25 min because they stop at swan and YC/BC ) well the day before we left we just missed the boat so we walked and i was shocked at how close it really is-it is less than a 10 min walk and i really wish we tried walking earlier...oh well live and learn
I'm confused by this post. I understood that the route the boats follow is Studio - Swolphin - Yacht Club - Boardwalk - Epcot. And they do the same going back in reverse order. So, why did you stop at the swan and YC/BC on the way to Epcot? Something new?
Old 01-13-2008, 11:15 AM   #10
kmc
not all who wander are lost....

we were there dec. 15-19 and each time it was boardwalk-dolphin-yc-epcot and on the way back yc-dolphin-boardwalk...walking was definitely the best way to go
kmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 08:09 PM   #11
WickedWench
Ruthless Pirate turned Polynesian Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKW Lover View Post
I'm confused by this post. I understood that the route the boats follow is Studio - Swolphin - Yacht Club - Boardwalk - Epcot. And they do the same going back in reverse order.
You are correct. This was the route they took both times I visited in 2003 and in 2007. I think kmc is mistaken because to do it the way kmc suggests would waste time and (most importantly) fuel, because they would be backtracking.

View my Disney photos here.

Early 2010 ????? / Oct 2007 Polynesian & Animal Kingdom Lodge / Oct 2005 Grand Californian / June 2003 Boardwalk Inn / 1988 Grand Floridian / 1987, 1986 Polynesian / 1985 Treehouses / 1984 Contemporary & Polynesian / 1983, 1982, 1981 Polynesian / 1980 Fort Wilderness / 1979, 1978 Polynesian / 1977 Contemporary / May 1976 Polynesian

WickedWench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 09:10 PM   #12
5 for WDW
DIS Veteran

The walk is a piece of cake. Even with little legs.

22 trips since 1996 (Dixie Landings, POFQ,POR, CBR, AS Movies, POP, SSR, BWV, OKW, A of A)

Next up: Dec. 13-17th! Happy 40th to Me!!
5 for WDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 02:36 PM   #13
cmmc
Earning My Ears

Great site of walking in WDW, with pictures

Here's a link of a walk from DHS/MGM to Epcot, with pictures so you can tell how enjoyable it will be. http://www.mousesteps.com/index.php?...d=18&Itemid=44

Boardwalk is halfway - she also has a 'walk report' of MGM to Epcot, and around the Boardwalk, Beach Club, Swan and Dolphin Resorts. http://www.mousesteps.com/index.php?...d=12&Itemid=52

It looks like Boardwalk is an easy 10 minute walk to Epcot.

Catherine
cmmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 02:42 PM   #14
episode
Mouseketeer

.8 From the Swan and Dolphin bridge to DHS.
.6 From that same spot to Epcot.

So from Boardwalk its basically two-thirds of a mile to Epcot.
episode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 03:03 PM   #15
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKW Lover View Post
I'm confused by this post. I understood that the route the boats follow is Studio - Swolphin - Yacht Club - Boardwalk - Epcot. And they do the same going back in reverse order. So, why did you stop at the swan and YC/BC on the way to Epcot? Something new?
That route includes DHS. There is another route that is soley S/D, YC/BC, BW, Epcot. The boat goes from BW to Epcot. How do I know? I walked right beside it last Dec...we arrived in the same spot about the same time.
Now, if you're returning from DHS, the boat stops at the S/D, then YC/BC, then BW, then on to Epcot, then reverses. So, if you want to go to Epcot and you're at the S/D, you just go to the line that indicates the next boat is going to Epcot, it will pick you up, then go on to the other resorts, and end up at Epcot. The boat that leaves Epcot will go to BW, YC/BC, S/D then on to DHS...at least that has been my experience.
goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: