Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2008, 03:26 AM   #1
GrammyJudy
DIS Veteran

PLus Size Disney

I love WDW and over the years have bought many sweatshirts and tee shirts.. for everyone else. I am a plus size grammy and although I see plenty of others my size or larger at WDW they do not seem to sell things to fit me. Any help before my next trip?
GrammyJudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 09:05 AM   #2
poohfriend77
DIS Veteran

My mom is plus-size, and she gotten many Disney shirts over the years at Wal-Mart. Hers have mostly been Pooh/Eeyore, since they're her favorite. I'm not sure if they have much Mickey and Friends. I know shopping at Wal-Mart is not as fun as shopping at Disney, but at least it's something.

I also bought one 3X shirt for my husband at disneyshopping.com and was disappointed that there wasn't a bigger selection in that size. I know others have posted about this before. Seems like Disney is missing the boat here.
poohfriend77 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-12-2008, 09:55 AM   #3
lynette j in la
Mouseketeer

I just bought a cute pink Tinkerbelle top at Walmart in the Women's section, they go up to 3 X. They also had Pooh and Mickey and another character, with an all over ( front and back)modern swirly- print with the character on the middle of front in a kind of vintage look.! I think it was about $17! Each Character was another color shirt.

The J. family: Danish Dh , ½ Danish DD (13) and one American Mom
My Disney Trips
Walt Disney World, Magic Kingdom-Christmas 1976 and 1979, Disneyland-Christmas 1980, Walt Disney World-Magic Kingdom/Epcot -Thanksgiving 1984, Disney Cruise on Premiere Cruise's Big Red Boat "The Atlantic"- Thanksgiving 1992, WDW's Pop Century July 4th week 2008, Saratoga Springs Resort, Memorial Day Week, Mom and Daughter Surprise trip to DISNEY and UNIVERSAL, off site, Thanksgiving Week 2009].
lynette j in la is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 03:34 PM   #4
GrammyJudy
DIS Veteran

Thanks...I have bought some at Walmart but I want them to say Walt Disney World.....wake up WDW and market for all sizes
GrammyJudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 03:51 PM   #5
partofyourworld710
Earning My Ears

I have found that the outlets just off of Disney property have really nice WDW shirts in a huge variety of sizes, and are very reasonable. Disney clothes, in general, run small, and being "curvy", many shirts that I have bought from WDW just don't fit right. The trip off property is well worth it!

"I'm a big, tough girl. I tie my own sandals and everything"

"I shall call him Squishy, and he shall be mine."

My DisDogs:
Max , Weasley , and our newest addition, Tinkerbell..how much Pixie Dust does a St. Bernard need to fly?

partofyourworld710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 08:21 PM   #6
trekkie2
Mouseketeer

I just bought some mens shirts for myself through disney.com. Although I am a women I like the mens shirts better and I can fit in a mens 2x just fine. I also want some WDW sweatshirts on our trip, infact that is the only thing I really want to buy, I am hoping that there are some in the mens sections!
trekkie2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 09:42 PM   #7
Disneylush
DIS Veteran

I am pooh sized and I am happy to report we just got back (the 10th) and they have Disney World t-shirts that go up to a 5X. They were the "Were Dreams Come True shirts that came in many colors, and had the castle and many characters on them.

Also on Disney Shopping in the active wear part there are velor sweat suits that are rather nice.

Another tip... Disney swimsuits run HUGE! I wear a 26 and a 18 is big on me. I learned this tip from ebay because people buy there right size and they find out it is way to big. Then they sell cheaply.
Disneylush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 05:57 PM   #8
pookiesmum
Earning My Ears

I know Walmart is a good place for plus size disney t-shirts, but can anyone tell me where I can get plus size disney fancy dress costumes i.e. princess etc? I'm going to WDW in Feb 2008 and need a princess costume for the Pirate and princess party.
pookiesmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 10:55 AM   #9
libertycdamac
Earning My Ears

I ordered an XXL in Womens clothing at Disneyshopping and was very disappointed. My DD wears a small adult and she is able to fit all the sweatshirts that I bought. I emailed Disneyshopping to let them know that it seems their sizes are wrong to be in the adult section. Received an email to send it back at my cost and they will send me the money. However, their size chart is accurate to what I should of been wearing. I am very Sad I really liked the sweatshirts I bought and was looking forward to wearing it. Just thought I would add this because Disney is missing the boat on Plus sizes. Now I am concerned with buying anything through them.
libertycdamac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 08:52 PM   #10
Disneylush
DIS Veteran

I think the "woman's" section is really a teen sized section. Everything is very form fitting. I only trust the items that make you pay more for a bigger size to really be a bigger size.
Disneylush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 10:08 PM   #11
disneymiss
Mouseketeer

What sizes are you looking for?

I have in the last two years been losing weight and now fit in nothing that I own, so sad for I really have a lot of Disney stuff I love.....Some from the parks and some from Wal-mart and K-mart..... you can PM me and I can go thru all my stuff and take pictures If you like.... we can always work out a deal

I am about 75 lbs less, was in a 24-28 and now in a 14 -16 so I have to start over with all my clothes.... even my skinny clothes are getting big, my healthly life change is working but boy it is getting expensive, clothes are expensive.....LOL

"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember, this whole thing was started by a mouse." - Walt Disney
disneymiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 01:59 PM   #12
kismet1003
Mouseketeer

My husband and I just got back last week and my parents both wear a 2x and there were sizes for them and above in every single store we went to. I got most of their stuff from the World of Disney at downtown disney but also saw plus sizes in magic kingdom.
Old 01-24-2008, 02:05 PM   #13
Not so Dumbo
DIS Veteran

Our last trip I found a womans 2x WDW t-shirt at the character outlet and another one in one of the shops in Epcot. I also found a minnie mouse sweatshirt that says walt disney world on it. I don't remember where I found that one, but it was at the world.
But I do agree that the selection for plus size is limited compared to what they sell in regular sizes.
Old 01-24-2008, 02:39 PM   #14
Dawn68PA
DIS Veteran

When we went in '06 I found 2X pretty often; although in the mens more than womens; which is fine for me. 3X for DH was a little tougher to find, but I did find some.
Dawn68PA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 03:56 PM   #15
Queen2
Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.

I was just at DW at CHristmas. I found a real nice baby blue zip up hooded sweatshirt with T I N K on the front & on the back is a Big emblem of Tinkerbell in a 3x. Oh it also has Walt Disney World on the back. It was more then I wanted to pay, but I love tinkerbell.
they also had several t-shirts that were unisex in 3x
Wonderful Memories April 2005 Disney Magical Birthday Cruise April 22- 29, 2006, Disney Christmas Cruise Dec 15-22, 2007 Disney Magic Eastern Tortola, April 25, 2009[SIZE="1"] Disney Fanasty Easteren Sept 21-28 2013

Last edited by Queen2; 01-24-2008 at 04:04 PM.
Queen2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: