Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-2008, 12:01 PM   #46
meryll83
All it takes is faith and trust... Proud Strawberry Blonde Official DISbride!

I've just counted and I'm 1 year 8 months out, so now you're making me feel inadequate by being so organised!

Well I have 4 weeks to catch up

BTW I personally prefer the starfish items and the invites with the blue castle

WDW 91, 93, 03 off-site, 05 ASMo (32,000 WWTBAM) , 07 Pop & BWV (Free Dining & Engaged at Cinderella's Castle!), *09 Wedding Planning Journal* and *Trip Report* Pop, BWV, Poly & Wonder,
10 Pop, 12 Aulani Day Visit, 13 HRH, YC
(Free Dining) & Dream

DLP 05 Cheyenne, 13 Newport Bay

meryll83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 12:08 PM   #47
camara381
DIS Veteran

Hi I just came across your PJ...first let me say congrats. I am also a Sept 09 bride, although I am haivng it on Labor day weekend which concerns me because I spoke to Heidi and she said everything would be ok. I will email her again and ask.

Anyway I love everything - I really like how the guest book turned out. Looks so cute.

You make me feel like I have to go out and start shopping and making things...I haven't really done anything...SO JEALOUS!!!

Carolina * : DH: Sergio * DS: Marcel * DS: Aleczander * DDog: Romeo

Holy Redeemer Catholic Church/ Italy Isola / Italy Plaza / Living Seas Salon (LSS)
My Planning Journal September 05, 2009
camara381 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-01-2008, 03:05 PM   #48
Desnik
I actually love packing and planning
I'm glad DH and I were friends first then a couple

Everything looks great and you really make me feel like a slacker! I am trying to get it together though and you have really inspired me. Thanks for posting the list of what you have done already! I just ordered the sample kit for the cards and pockets. I love that invitation.

How far in advance can you book the photographer, officiant and videographer? What if you can't get the date you wanted with Disney and you already booked them?
Desnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 04:06 PM   #49
mermaidbride1108
Disney Fairy Tale Bride 8.31.09

Just quickly wanted to note Save the Dates - I wrote it on another thread and also wanted to save it here - My PJ is doubling as my wedding saving spot!

A Fairytale Romance
And a party
Under the Sea
Could only happen
at the most magical place on Earth!

Save the Date
XX-XX-XXXX

Maybe use Wedding instead of Romance?

Maybe do a
Fairytale Wedding
and an Under Sea Party
Could only happen
Where Dreams do come true

mermaidbride1108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 04:13 PM   #50
mermaidbride1108

Thanks for your replies!!! And thank you guys for reading my PJ!

I guess I'm starting so early because I've been engaged since Nov. 2006 and I'm getting impatient!

But really I noticed that I get really busy during summer and christmas time and really have no time to search the web for stuff I like. So I'm using the time now to do so. Plus I am a really picky person. For my Sr. prom dress I shopped in 3 different states in one day from 9am-9pm at night. I drove my parents crazy!

I'm actually kind of feeling behind since I still haven't even shopped for a dress. I plan on having my dress found and purchased during the summer.

I think I really do like the Castle with Water Invite. I really like the Cards & pockets styles too because everything is nice and neatly laid out. Maybe somehow I can incorporate the two?

Any more votes? I'm gonna nail down fiance to pick soon and purchase.

Last edited by mermaidbride1108; 02-02-2008 at 05:00 PM.
Old 02-02-2008, 04:39 PM   #51
Mermaid_Ariel
Flippin' my Fins

Ooooh!!! I'm so glad I found your PJ!!! I must've totally overlooked it in all my wedding madness!

It's just so cool that we're doing pretty much the same theme! You have so much beautiful stuff!! Would you believe that Maggie Sottero dress is one I'm highly considering, too?? This is so cool!!! I LOVE all your ideas so far you really have everything so well organized!!

I can't wait to read more!!!

Oh, by the way that image of Ariel by the castle is GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!
12/2008 Poly (DFTW & Disneymoon!)

December 12, 2008 My Disney Fairytale Wedding Planning Journal
SBP/'Ohana/Grand 1 Wishes Cruise

Mermaid_Ariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 12:04 AM   #52
mermaidbride1108

Small Update...

Ok so I got alot of wedding things going on right now so I'll do a small update today and probably a bigger one tomorrow.

I purchased items on ebay and I WILL NOT LOOK BACK!

These are the ones that one -

Note on Flower Basket: DF has 4 nieces all under the age of 4 - that's too many girls at once throwing petals. There are two sets of sisters though so I'm gonna seperate them into pairs with their sisters. Here's the idea - At African American weddings I've seen on WE network (I'm constantly watching their wedding shows!) They have their flower girl walks first ringing a bell and screaming the bride is coming. Well I really like the bell ringing especially since I'll have an outside ceremony. So I'll have the older pair (will be 6 and 4 at the time) ring the bells (that's if they are in it since his sister is iffy) and the second set who will be 5 and 2.5 will be one Flower girl and the other will hold a wand since she's so young (and that's if she makes it down the aisle)
So that's my plan for the surplus of little ones!

Note on Guest book - I like the concept of the guestbookstore books with the detailed pages, but 1) I didn't love any of their designs and 2) my guests will take forever thinking of something to write that there will be such a long one. I'm bascially having the guest book to just have and will probably never look at it again unless in pictures.

This is the top contender for the Champagne flutes that I will probably just give in and purchase this week.

For some reason I really like the look of silver flutes, DF doesn't but he's giving in on this one because he's tired of me showing him pictures.

Ok some other planning:

Ceremony Decor
This is how I would like the aisles. I don't like alot of tulle and definitely no bows for me. I would like ribbon instead of rope in blues and greens.

Here's the program style I like and plan on making myself

And here's a graphic I found that matches my garter, basket, etc.

I plan on using this graphic on my invites (along with the castle at the top) and placecards and such. I love it!

Note on the invites - I don't like any of the invites samples I recieved except for cards and pockets. I was really disapointed by the castle one (it must be the blue water looking vellum around it making it look good and that doesn't come with it)

So I'm making my invites with cards n pocket and I will be using shimmer paper (I'm borrowing from you guys!)

Next up, Bubble labels: Ok this is the reason I need to buy things now before I miss out. I found these buble labels on ebay with Ariel and Eric and I coudn't find them later! Now I found someone who is actually completely customizing bubble labels for me and she's been awesome! PM if you would like her user name - she's great to work with! I'll post the final design when it's finished.

Honeymoon Cruise: contacted Travel agent and she is revising some details. I changed our dining time to 6pm and she will be looking out for an internary so that I can book Palo's without missing dinner at Triton's (I've been posting questions about this on the Cruise boards)

Photography: I asked Randy a million questions via email- we set up a time to chat over the phone. Making progress on that front!

Dress Shopping: David's Bridal called back finally to make an appt. It's Wednesday at 3:30pm. I'm just going to look and try on dresses myself this first time to see what I like. I honestly don't like anything on their site but they are close.

Mom's chores: My mother is such a procrastinator! I've asked her to give me her wish list guest list and addresses too. And I've asked her from some dates that we could go shopping. I know Saturdays are busy at bridal shops (not looking forward to it, but with me starting a new job that's the only time I'll have and I'm assuming they book up fast) So I've asked mom again to do this, actually I've given her a list with other things like pick a date for Franklin Institute.

Music: I've been saving songs to an Itunes playlist whenever I found something I like. Anything not too kiddish fairytale, I've saved to it. Plus anything beachy too. So far this is what I have:

Ceremony
Bridesmaid entrace: Main Title of Little Mermaid
Brides Entrance: Instrumental Part of Your World (I'm a dork!)
I would also like to play Fairytale by Enya and the Jig from Mermaid when Eric and the sailors are dancing I think for Groomsmen but DF needs to choose too.

Reception
Wedding Party Entrace: Under the sea (self explanatory)

Bride and Groom Entrance: The Imperial March from Star Wars. I gotta let him have. How funny is it gonna be when we switch from under the Sea to this?

First Dance: One Dance -----Note on this, This is sung by Jodi Benson on an old Mermaid CD that was out in 1991. It was from the tv series and this song is about her dreaming about a wedding dance. It's a very pretty song without being overly mushy for me and not recognizable as a kids song. But DF wants his say so It might change to country, but right now it's that is

Father Daughter Dance: my dad so far has picked I loved her first by Heartland. he's picking this because technically he was the first one to see me when I was born since my mom was passed out and there's a line in the song that says it

The Last Dance: Remember When, I know this is a Disney song but forget where its from. It's a good closing song.

Cake Cutting: Sugar, Sugar. My and Matt are so gonna shove cake in eachothers faces and I thought this song would fit us doing it.

Other songs I want to play:

It's not just make Believe from the Ella Enchanted Soundtrack
Kiss the Girl (DF absolutely loves this song, so it's not me here!)
Ever After by Carrie Underwood
Can't Help Falling In Love - DisneyMania version
Shake a Tail Feather - Blues Brothers (I wanna open up the dance floor with this, I love this song!)
Accidentally in Love from Shrek 2
When you Imagine (I love this song, it's from something Disney)
Centerfield (forget who it's by but Dad loves Baseball)
Friends in Low places by Garth Brooks (DF loves him and him and his friends somehow always seem to get togther to sing it at parties. I already know it's coming)
Whiskey Girl (DF sang this at Kararoke on like our 4th date with our friends and he was so embarrased!)
Lots of dance songs besides Macarona - I actually love line dances. I'm usually that one person who does them at events! (like I said I am a dork)

I'll be adding more as time goes! I just got the Little Mermaid on broadway CD in the mail! I saw the show January 3rd and Loved it! I'll be listeing to that to see if I can use anything.

Ok I should have more tomorrow! Hopefully anyways...

Well maybe that wasn't a small update

Next Up: I need to book our Car Rental for our site visit trip. Need to check SWA for the web special. And I will be posting picks on my pin and my shoes (more on why I have shoes later!)

Last edited by mermaidbride1108; 02-05-2008 at 12:09 AM. Reason: Organizing a little for better reading
Old 02-05-2008, 11:36 AM   #53
mermaidbride1108

Bubble labels

I got the finale samples for my bubble labels. I know it's a cartoon picture. But I figured with Bubble labels I can get away with it. Just no cartoon pics on the main stuff.

What do you think?

Old 02-05-2008, 12:00 PM   #54
mermaidbride1108

More music choices

Recapping Music choices (for now anyway) Am missing things I need to pick songs for?

Ceremony (all instrumental)

Guests Entrance: Touring the Kingdom, Overture from Little Mermaid Broadway (instrumental mix of all TLM songs) Enchant Suite if needed

Grooms Entrance: ?

Groomsmen Entrance: Fathoms Below (I think) Sounds like an Irish jog to me

Bridesmaid entrace: Main Title (the Movie Score in beginning) or Fairytale by Enya

Brides Entrance: Instrumental Part of Your World

During Ceremony
: ?

Recessional: Happy Ending from end of TLM

Reception

Wedding Party Entrace: Under the sea

Bride and Groom Entrance: The Imperial March from Star Wars.

First Dance: One Dance by Jodi Benson

Father Daughter Dance: I loved her first by Heartland.

Mother/Son: Maybe Proud of your Boy by Alladdin? Just guessing here.

Bouguet Toss:
?

Garter Toss:
?

Cake Cutting: Sugar, Sugar

The Last Dance: Remember When

Other songs I want to play
(will be revising):

Beyond my Wildest Dreams from TLM Broadway
She's in love by TLM Broadway
Piano Man by Billy Joel
Woman to me by Billy Joel
Bohemian Rhaspody by Queen (Dad's a major fan)
It's not just make Believe from the Ella Enchanted Soundtrack
Only the Good Die Young by Billy Joel
Kiss the Girl
Ever After by Carrie Underwood
Can't Help Falling In Love - DisneyMania version
Shake a Tail Feather by Blues Brothers (to open the dance floor)
Accidentally in Love from Shrek 2
You're the Inspiration by ? (I forget)
When you Imagine
Centerfield
Friends in Low places by Garth Brooks
A Dream is a Wish your Heart Makes DIsneyMania version
Whiskey Girl
Bare Necessities DisneyMaia
Footloose from Sountrack
Lots of dance songs besides Macarona

Last edited by mermaidbride1108; 02-06-2008 at 11:04 PM.
Old 02-05-2008, 01:50 PM   #55
myprincessgirlisa
DFTW 12/4/97

can i just say I LOVE your starfish theme!!! it is a perfect way to make it "under the sea/ariel" without seeming to childish or silly!!!!

I LOVE IT!!!!!!

you have REALLY done a ton!!!!!!

you go!!!
myprincessgirlisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 02:21 PM   #56
Kristen14
DIS Veteran

I love the starfish! I did "Under the Sea" and it was very elegant, and fun to plan!
Kristen14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 04:15 PM   #57
Fantasia Sam
Has a WDW secret
Is watched by the TF...

OK so I'm officially in love with your PJ not only an Under the Sea Theme but with The Little Mermaid too - woo-hoo!!!

I love how much stuff you have - you have great stuff, all so themed - I love it and I think I saw those "aisle" starfish on another website recently and thought they were great! I think you have already checked out my pics but Charming Events gallery http://www.weddingdecorator.net/gallery.htm

has a great shot of my bouque with the shells in but you could have starfish in there instead that could look cool - its in the Summer section first picture.

I also had a tiara made with shells in LOL not sure if that was a little TOO themed LOL but photobucket is down right now so I can't search for the picture but let me know if you want to see it.

I'm Sam, here's my old Wedding Report - FantasiaSam FairyTale Wedding Trippy more recent November 2011 Trippy

1996:QI Plaza; 1998:HII IDrive; 2000:QI Plaza; 2001:(x2), Clarion Rosen & HII IDrive; 2002:(x 2), Yacht Club, Swan, AKL; 2003: (x2)-YC, Wonder, CBR, WL, BWV; 2004:(x3), CBR,YC Concierge, Magic, BCV, Pop, Swan, Disney Wedding; 2005:(x3), Magic, WLV, Pop, BW Inn, OKW; 2006:(x3), Magic, BCV, OKW, Dolphin, AKL Concierge, WL Concierge; 2007:GFloridian & SSR; 2008:(x2), BCV & Dolphin; 2009:BCC & Magic Concierge; 2010:(x2), BCV, AKL Concierge, Swan, SSR; 2011:BC Concierge & BCV; 2012:(x2), OKW & Dolphin; 2013:(x2), Magic, YC Concierge OKW
Fantasia Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 10:28 AM   #58
mermaidbride1108

Dress Shopping

Ok so today at 3:30pm I will be going for my first dress shopping appt at David's Bridal - I'm slightly frightened of them. I've heard some horror stories but I can get to them easily by bus (Only one car in our household, DF has it) and I'm going by myself for the first time. I actually shop by myself alot because I can relax and take my time.

Now my specific horror story of David's is one I was going to be a bridesmaid (they wedding was called off) we went to David's to try on and I was the try-on girl for the group of us. So when we tried on a dress I had our sales person really like this dress on me, but the bride didn't like it. Well I'm a bridesmaid so I'm gonna do exactly as the bride says. Well, the sales person brings out an order form!!! I'm like the bride said no and she's like well what do you think, what's your size and starts writing info down. I'm like What???

So I'm slightly nervous but I'm off this week and have the time to waste. So I'm going to leave my credit card at home and just try on to see what style I like best.

What are you thoughts on dress shopping? Did you bring anything with you?

What underwear did you wear? (sorry if that's TMI)

Anyone have any suggestions to what to kindly say to them that I'm not interested in purchasing, just looking? Do you think there's anyway I could say my mom has to see it first? Any suggestions on how to handle them?

Old 02-06-2008, 11:10 AM   #59
mla1977
I dream of living in Bay Lake Tower for the rest of my life!

I just found the dress, but said that I needed my mom (while I was almost in tears since she wasn't there!). Are you going to the one in the Northeast? If you find your way out to Bridaltown I could pop over and give you my opinion!
mla1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 11:14 AM   #60
mermaidbride1108

I'll definitely make my way over to bridaltown I'll let you know when I go. I'll be taking my Mom and/or MOH when I go there. Today is just a prelimary visit for me.

yeah I'm going to the one on Bustleton. I think I'm going to use the mom excuse if I run into any pressure.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: