Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2008, 01:19 PM   #1
wdwstar
DIS Veteran

Kohls cash, spend $50 get $10 kohls cash, i was on vacation couldnt use, now what do

I do, it was for $20, you had to use it dec. 26- jan.5 and i was on vacation in wdw
and i didnt get to use it, am I out the $20 kohls cash? or does kohl still except it after the expire date?
wdwstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 01:55 PM   #2
HM
A tag from the TF is better than a personalized licence plate

You will not be able to use it. I've done the same thing before. Sorry.
HM is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-10-2008, 02:21 PM   #3
cats mom
Mouseketeer

Has a wild and vivid imagination

I just threw away my $20 voucher and I didn't even have being on vacation as an excuse... I just forgot about the silly thing.
cats mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 03:01 PM   #4
LSchrow
We're eating brussel sprouts & asparagus on the budget board
(pulling up a chair) I like drunk & happy better...

unfortunately you are out of luck (i norm give mine to a friend/ neighbor if going to be away ~ just a suggestion for next time ).
but don't throw it away unless you're sure none of the items are going to be rtnd. without the cert, they have no way to know if you used it, so you will get a merch credit (not whatever form of payment you used) for any rtn on the receipt.
hth
Old 01-10-2008, 03:12 PM   #5
malibuconlee
OOH - I think I've finally figured out the multi-quote feature!
Don't forget to get your drink of water from the "Fountain of Youth!!"

We live almost an hour away and haven't ever used the Kohl's cash. Last time I gave it to a woman who heard DH and I joking about using it for an extra tip when we ate lunch that day. She offered to take it, then I could tell she felt bad and had only been joking once we insisted she take it. We weren't driving an hour each way to spend $20.

malibuconlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 04:06 PM   #6
Good Ol Gal
A Longhorn living in Buckeye Country who wants to live in SSR
I love hanging out with my family
My Snow Plowin' Grass Cuttin' Neighbor hates me!

Location: OH-IO ~~ but you can find me in the Land of the LAST~~

my kohls will take old kohls cash. The register will take them two days after their expiration date.

We try to look them up up to a week after the exp. date and if they haven't been redeemed we will do it.

Now, my kohls is much nicer (as in customer service) than others. The stores around here actually send customers our way when they want to use expired kohls cash.

Upcoming trip: AKL/BLT/ VWL March '14
Completed trips: BLT/ VWL/Hilton Head March '13, BTL/VWL Mar 12, Vero June 11, VWL Mar 11, SSR/VWL/BCV March '11, Vero & Boardwalk June '10, VWL & Vero Beach June '09, VWL Christmas '08, VWL Jul 08; POR / AKV / VWL Nov 07; BCV / VWL June 07; POR / OKW Dec 06; SSR Dec 05; SSR Dec 04 *first DVC trip*; FWC Feb 04

I've eaten at 103 out of 223 restaurants at Walt Disney World (46%)
I've eaten at 56 out of 86 quick service/counter service restaurants at Walt Disney World (65%)
I've eaten at 30 out of 71 table-service restaurants at Walt Disney World (42%)
I've eaten at 6 out of 18 signature restaurants at Walt Disney World (33%)
I've eaten at 2 out of 3 dinner show restaurants at Walt Disney World (67%)

Good Ol Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 05:50 PM   #7
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran

Again, I think that it depends on the store. Our store will take old Kohl's cash. I have used it up to 2 weeks after it expired. You have to talk to a supervisor at our Kohl's though. A friend said they let her use hers and gave her 1/2 the amount because she just 'forgot' about it. I forgot about mine in Dec, but my mother was in the hospital for 2 weeks due to surgery to remove cancer. I said something to the super, figured couldn't hurt anything , he told me, 'not a problem, we'll take care of if for you.' That one was $30's worth of KC. once about a year ago, I did just forget (it was only $10KC) but I asked and the super I asked said, 'sure just tell the cashier, SOandSO said to honor it.' I like shopping at our Kohl's, they are very customer oriented.
BTW, I was always friendly and polite when I asked, as I don't think they are obligated to take it, but they can if they want to
stitchlovestink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 07:01 PM   #8
JerseyGirl84
Mouseketeer

I work at Kohls and our Kohls will take the expired Kohls cash. The manager said that "they have no choice". Maybe it's a regional thing, but we take them. They won't ring up automatically, so you have to get approval. But they will take them. Don't throw them away!!
JerseyGirl84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 07:14 PM   #9
flakypuff
DIS Veteran

I was just behind a women at Kolhs that used them. They called the manager and she ok'd it
flakypuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 07:15 PM   #10
tmatthews
Momof3

Once I forgot I had it when we went and saw it was expired I showed the cashier and he said I couldn't use it but he could help me out...I think I got like 10% off.....It was something!

starting to plan a family trip for November!!!
tmatthews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 07:45 PM   #11
wdwstar
DIS Veteran

thank you for all the responces, i was at kohls today, but i chickened out of asking maybe ill go back tomorrow and ask, i guess the worst thing that could happen is that they would say no can do !
wdwstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 09:54 AM   #12
AuntSnitzi
Earning My Ears

Thumbs up Kohl's Cash, Used mine online!

Hey thanks so much for the information about expired Kohl's Cash certificates. I had a $70 certificate and thought I could use it online - however all the fine print doesn't say anything - It is there though - not in the fine print either!

I called the customer service last night around 8:30 pm to see if I could possibly use it online - kids were already in bed so I couldn't run out to the store. I was transferred 2 times, on hold probably 30 minutes total - BUT IT WAS WORTH IT!! I was able to sort of use it - charged to my Kohl's charge and after the order is filled, the certificate will be used to credit my account for $70.

All in all - I've had great service in store - online, well, its hit or miss, as I usually purchase the clearance items for the kids to wear next year - many times their warehouse inventory is incorrect and I don't get one or two things... but with free shipping an occassional 20 or 30% off coupon (I never make purchases with less than an extra 15% off!), I get clothes for my kids about $2-3 a piece - better quality than Walmart and lower prices too!

AuntSnitzi is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: