Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2008, 05:19 AM   #46
Annette_VA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayanyujah847 View Post
Just paid the deposit for DBf and myself. Yay!

Now, I have never had a passport before. They expire every year, correct? So I should wait until May-ish to apply for one? Thanks in advance.

No, passports are good for several years, not just one.

If you're 16 or older when you get one, it's good for 10 years. If you get one when you're 15 or younger, it's good for 5.
Old 01-12-2008, 06:34 AM   #47
winotracy
This is NOT an ask Tracy question!
Moi??? Talking too much?!? How can that be?
Skeet Shooting is not, I repeat not on our Disney Cruise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayanyujah847 View Post
Just paid the deposit for DBf and myself. Yay!

Now, I have never had a passport before. They expire every year, correct? So I should wait until May-ish to apply for one? Thanks in advance.
Get one now so you can plan more trips!! When we first started cruising in 2002 passports weren't required, even to fly home. I insisted to DH that we needed them to "be safer". What he didn't know is that I wanted to go to France some day and when I finally would convince him, he would say "we don't have passports, we can't go". Guess what? I went to France last summer No excuses from him!!
Old 01-12-2008, 06:19 PM   #48
hayanyujah847
It looks like a ton of fun
They seem to be on top of EVERYTHING!

Thank you both for the advice! I had no idea they lasted so long. lol!

DBf went on a Europe trip with his family in 2003 so his passport may still be good then. I'll have to look more into that.

I can't believe we have our 2009 trip planned already! So exciting!

Disney Golf Resort for 1st Birthday 1984*Poly for 4th Birthday 1987*DL & US 1991*WDW & US 2001*
ASMo Dec. 2005*POFQ & RPR Sep. 2007*AKV Oct 20-31, 2008*OKW & DCL Oct. 15-22, 2009*WLV & DCL Dec 11-19, 2010*DLP Feb 2013*
Looking forward to: Disney World & Universal Feb 2014
[/SIZE]
Old 01-13-2008, 05:47 AM   #49
Launchpad11B
DW thinks he's a Manly Man

"Excuse me, can I have your autograph Mr. Incredible?...."

I should know this already but........does a member of the military need a passport for a cruise? I know you don't need one to go over seas and I would assume a cruise would not require one either. Maybe someone from Dreams Unlimited can help me out on this one. Me and DW (cocowum on the boards, her pic is in my signature, isn't she pretty!) are discussing attending the cruise in May. Thanks in advance.
Old 01-13-2008, 05:58 AM   #50
winotracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Launchpad11B View Post
I should know this already but........does a member of the military need a passport for a cruise? I know you don't need one to go over seas and I would assume a cruise would not require one either. Maybe someone from Dreams Unlimited can help me out on this one. Me and DW (cocowum on the boards, her pic is in my signature, isn't she pretty!) are discussing attending the cruise in May. Thanks in advance.
I can check this out for you today.
Old 01-13-2008, 06:01 AM   #51
Launchpad11B
DW thinks he's a Manly Man

"Excuse me, can I have your autograph Mr. Incredible?...."

Thank you. You guys do an awesome job!
Old 01-13-2008, 09:16 AM   #52
winotracy

Quote:
The only way you would be exempt from the passport requirements is if you were on military business. Here is a quote from the Department of the State's website:

Quote:
Other Accepted Travel Documents: SENTRI, NEXUS, FAST and the U.S. Coast Guard Mariner Document. Members of the U.S. Armed Forces on active duty traveling on orders are exempt from the passport requirement. DHS has more information on these travel documents. This information may be seen at www.dhs.gov.
Old 01-13-2008, 11:23 AM   #53
calypso*a*go-go

Captain of the Love "Board!"
Cost for a tag=1 "Mickey"

Quote:
Me and DW (cocowum on the boards, her pic is in my signature, isn't she pretty!) are discussing attending the cruise in May. Thanks in advance.
Go for it LP11B !!!

Depending on what cat. of cabin you book, you have between 90-75 days prior to the cruise to cancel with no penalty if something happens and you can't go. Better to save the space now if you can. Also, sometimes DCL offers really great military rates you might qualify for closer to the cruise date.
Old 01-13-2008, 12:05 PM   #54
disneyholic family
Wayne always catches me
i cannot wear anything between my toes

Quote:
Originally Posted by chirurgeon View Post
I will be looking for some dining companions. Anyone who is willing to share a table with a nice lady who turns 50 this year? At least I think I'm nice. I KNOW I'll be 50. I love Disney, Star Trek, Women's Murder Club, MASH, Charmed, just to give you an idea of my very eclectic tastes. I plan on doing brunch at Palo and one dinner at Palo. And anyone who wants to join me in a Dolphin Encounter will be welcome. I love dolphins too.

We have a LITTLE time to plan.

Thanks,
Kim
if i go, i'd love to sit with you...
and i think i might go on this cruise with my sister (rather than DH), so that will be perfect - 3 nice ladies...now we just have to find some more..

but i'm not sure yet if i'm going or not...

if i do, i'd love to link up...
Old 01-13-2008, 12:23 PM   #55
chirurgeon
I am a delicate flower and need my sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyholic family View Post
and i think i might go on this cruise with my sister (rather than DH), so that will be perfect - 3 nice ladies...now we just have to find some more..

That would be great. If you saw my other thread here you can tell I can't wait for the cruise.

Hope you'll be coming.

Kim

CBR 4/00, YC 12/02, ASSp 6/05, AKL/BWI 12/06, ASSP/POFQ 6/07, POFQ/AKL 12/08, PCC 1 5/09, Dolphin/POP 2.0 12/09, POFQ/BCV 04/10, PCC 2.0 12/10, POR 12/11, ABD BSM 7/12, PCC 4.0 12/12, BC 4/13, ABD BSM 7/14
Old 01-13-2008, 08:28 PM   #56
chirurgeon
I am a delicate flower and need my sleep

I asked my step mother if she wanted to go and she said yes. She isn't into Disney, but she is into cruising I'm sure she will have a good time After all when the people around you are having a good time, it is infectious. We will need dining companions to fill our table with PodSquaders.

Kim

CBR 4/00, YC 12/02, ASSp 6/05, AKL/BWI 12/06, ASSP/POFQ 6/07, POFQ/AKL 12/08, PCC 1 5/09, Dolphin/POP 2.0 12/09, POFQ/BCV 04/10, PCC 2.0 12/10, POR 12/11, ABD BSM 7/12, PCC 4.0 12/12, BC 4/13, ABD BSM 7/14
Old 01-13-2008, 08:52 PM   #57
Madi100
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by winotracy View Post
If she does get sick of all your questions, she can just throw you overboard on the ship Or make you sit with BAWB for dinner

Yes, a headcount is being kept. We are limited to the number of staterooms on the ship minus the number of staterooms reserved by other non-Podcast cruisers The more the merrier!!! As for the number of staterooms in the reserved block, that is classified information
Oh, don't tempt me. I think DH would love sitting with Bob. If I remember correctly, Bob managed a grocery store previously. That is what my DH does for a living. I wondered if you were the Tracy stuck with me.
Old 01-14-2008, 04:06 AM   #58
hayanyujah847
It looks like a ton of fun
They seem to be on top of EVERYTHING!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyholic family View Post

This is interesting to hear! I am actually thinking of telling my Mom about the cruise & having her come along---with her own room of course! I'm sure she would love to join the three of you for a meal or two, as well.

Disney Golf Resort for 1st Birthday 1984*Poly for 4th Birthday 1987*DL & US 1991*WDW & US 2001*
ASMo Dec. 2005*POFQ & RPR Sep. 2007*AKV Oct 20-31, 2008*OKW & DCL Oct. 15-22, 2009*WLV & DCL Dec 11-19, 2010*DLP Feb 2013*
Looking forward to: Disney World & Universal Feb 2014
[/SIZE]
Old 01-14-2008, 04:25 AM   #59
winotracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madi100 View Post
Oh, don't tempt me. I think DH would love sitting with Bob. If I remember correctly, Bob managed a grocery store previously. That is what my DH does for a living. I wondered if you were the Tracy stuck with me.
I'm the only Tracy at DU
Old 01-14-2008, 05:18 AM   #60
Disneybridein2k3
I am and I'm not afraid to admit it
That is AWESOME news
Disneyland Trip Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by winotracy View Post
We can count months instead! It's sooner that way

I'm going on the DIS Podcast cruise in 15 months
Okay Tracy, I took your advice! The ticker is there now...we are officially counting down the months....

If you ever had any doubts about using Dreams Unlimited for your next Disney vacation, read this thread!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: