Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2008, 12:18 PM   #1
mla1977
I dream of living in Bay Lake Tower for the rest of my life!

I get to go to DL again? 2/24/08-3/3/08, Updated 9/11

Well, DBF just gave me the go ahead to start planning our trip to California. I have been lucky enough over the past several years to be able to travel with him to many of his conferences. Most notable were New Orleans in 2005, Anaheim in 2006, and WDW in 2007. This year he has a conference in San Diego and I am able to join him. More importantly, I was able to talk him into taking a side trip to Disneyland again. Woohoo!

So now I have 1.5 months to plan. Well, it can be done. It will only be the two of us and I just some PR(? -ADRs) yesterday.

One other note:

I am generally a WDW DISer, so my Pre-trip/Trip Report will probably follow that general format and be as detailed as many of those Trippies.

Here we go!

The Cast:

Me: (31 - ooh just celebrated my b-day and that makes me feel soooo old!) I can't decide, but I do LOVE Jack (or Johnny Depp, I may not love Jack as much if it wasn't Johnny Depp). I am a huge Disney fan. I think I was able to keep everything under control until I found the DIS and figured out how to use my iPod. Our trip to WDW last May just pushed me over the edge. Now I'm hoping to have many more trips there, buy DVC, and maybe (a really BIG maybe since no ring is yet involved) get married there some day. My favorite movie: modern- Beauty and the Beast, classic - Robin Hood (I call classic any 'old' movie that I couldn't see in the theaters), Princess: Belle, Charater: Stitch, Ride: Rock n' Roller Coaster. I've been on California Screamin', but Aerosmith makes Rock n' Roller Coaster the clear winner for me.

DBF: (30) Okay, he'd probably kill me if he saw that, but he is my big Pooh bear and he has a picture of himself and his BFF comparing their bellies to Pooh. Very cute. He is really an enabler. He enjoys himself at the parks and likes the rides, but really, he just humors me. He apparently went to DLR when he was little since he has some vague memories of the park. He has also gone to WDW at least once without me and again with me last May, and of course to DLR in 2006 with me. He does like Buzz Lightyear and was upset when Buzz went on a bathroom break at DLR and took well over the 5 minutes that his CM said he would take. I did manage to get a picture of us with Buzz in MK last year though.

Well, I hope we sound interesting enough for you to continue reading. I'll be back more to give you some of my plans!

Last edited by mla1977; 09-15-2008 at 06:28 PM.
mla1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 05:08 PM   #2
mla1977

Here is just a quick update:

When Disney Shopping had a sale back in December I bought myself a pair of Mickey Crocs! Yes, I gave into the craze. They are sitting in my trunk, but I will probably bring them into the house and start breaking them in tonight.

Here they are:

They are so cute! DBF thinks that Crocs are going to go downhill fast since their stock keeps losing money. I hope that isn't true. They have a good (but ugly) product. I think they should take their technology and expand it into some more marketable products. I'll probably get myself a few pairs of non-Mickey crocs to wear around the house and the garden.

Buy Crocs everyone!!!! (When the stock goes up, it increases my Disney fund)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-08-2008, 05:11 PM   #3
mla1977

Sorry about the quality of the photo. I took it with my camera phone the day that the crocs got delivered (to my office).
Old 01-18-2008, 10:59 AM   #4
mla1977

Well, I'm not sure who is reading this, but for those of you who are, I'll be pulling out some of my special Disney clothes and posting more picks this week.

If anyone is interested, check out my current (not completed TR) in my siggie! I plan on finishing that one before I leave for DLR.
Old 01-18-2008, 11:19 AM   #5
mla1977

Flights booked

We booked out flights yesterday.

We fly out of Philly, through Nashville to San Diego on February 24.

We return from John Wayne through Pittsburgh to Philly on March 3.

I'm a little concerned about this because I think that our flight has a stop before Pittsburgh. That extra stop would suck, but the flight is already booked, so I won't bring that concern up with DBF.

I need to call DLR to change my reservations for Ariel's Grotto. We won't be getting to Anaheim until nighttime on Feb 28, and I had booked us for a lunch there. I'll change that to Friday or Saturday.

DBF's conference is Feb 25-27, ending around noon on Feb 27. I'll probably get the Sea World pass that they have right now. It looks like it costs you the same for a 1-day or an annual pass. (I'll be double checking that later though.) If it is a real annual pass, that may work out good for me. This conference is supposed to be in the same location for the next three years. That means I'd be able to go to Sea World again next year! I haven't been there since I was 9, and that was the Orlando one!
Old 01-18-2008, 11:25 AM   #6
mla1977

Oh yeah, funny story about my mom. She is geographically challenged. When she saw that we were through Nashville, she couldn't understand why we would go east to head west. Apparently she has always thought that Tennessee is on the east coast. Pretty funny since my step father's sister lives near Nashville and they've visited her there.
Old 01-18-2008, 02:42 PM   #7
mla1977

PS Dining

I've made reservations for the following:

Minnie and Friends: 2/29 8:30 (I think, the paper is at home)

Ariel's Grotto: 3/1 12:50

I'm debating adding anywhere else.

DBF's grandfather lived in Garden Grove, so we need to figure out when to see him. I'm beginning to wonder if we leave San Diego earlier so that we can see him on our first night in Anaheim. We got to see him last time we were there and since he is getting up there in years, it is probably good to make sure we see him every chance we get.
Old 01-18-2008, 05:59 PM   #8
Goofster57
What if the “Hokey Pokey” really is what it’s all about?

Location: On the other side of that invisible line that I just can’t help crossing some times

Mia,

Jumping on board for your DLR trip and will head over to your WDW TR next.

Glad you are getting to come back to the best Disney Resort around...

Just kidding...

Your PR sound good, have you thought about of Blue Bayou?

I think you are going to see that Sea World has changed a bit. I think the deal is buy a "Fun Card" and get the rest of 2008 free.

This is from their site

For the cost of a full-price single day admission, you get unlimited visits to SeaWorld for all of 2008. A Fun Card is the best way to enjoy all of SeaWorld’s 2008 events. Return as often as you like for Spring into Night, Summer Nights, a not-too-scary Halloween, and SeaWorld’s Holiday Celebration. Your Fun Card won’t expire until December 31, 2008, but this offer expires April 30. So … don’t wait. Get your 2008 Fun Card today and start the fun.

Keep the up-dates coming
Old 01-18-2008, 06:18 PM   #9
mla1977

Thanks Gooster! Yay! A subscriber!!!!

I went over to the Sea World site after my last post and was disappointed that the offer was only through 2008. I may go a day early while DBF is in his conference or try to get to the San Diego Zoo. I have to spend more time looking at my options there.

I am considering Blue Bayou, but I need to talk to DBF about it. Maybe I'll hint at that being a great place to propose!
Old 01-18-2008, 06:33 PM   #10
Goofster57

Location: On the other side of that invisible line that I just can’t help crossing some times

Quote:
Originally Posted by mla1977 View Post
I am considering Blue Bayou, but I need to talk to DBF about it. Maybe I'll hint at that being a great place to propose!
Oh Great, What are you trying get me in trouble?...Don't tell him I suggested the place..

Old 01-24-2008, 03:25 PM   #11
mla1977

So, I've been trying to break in the Crocs before I get to DLR. I wore them for 10 minutes on the treadmill the other day. Has anyone tried that? It is a little scary. I purposely was going slow too (max: 2.5mph) just to be safe. It wasn't that bad because I was able to walk. Unfortunately, the next day I was sore on the back of my leg just at the top of the Achilles. Before the 10 minutes with the Crocs, I had gone 40 minutes with sneakers doing my regular workout, so I don't know what actually caused the pain. Hmm... oh well, I just really don't want to get blisters.
Old 01-24-2008, 04:01 PM   #12
Goofster57

Yeah you defiantly don’t want blisters on your vacation.

Could just be that they make you stand different and you just need to get used to them.

Good luck
Old 01-24-2008, 04:15 PM   #13
mla1977

I've dealt with blisters before. In New Orleans, my feet were covered with them and DBF didn't know why I was walking so slow until I took my shoes off. It wasn't as bad in WDW last year, but I had finally heard about moleskin then.

Shopping list:

1) moleskin
2) Aleve
3)...
Old 01-24-2008, 06:46 PM   #14
BecBennett
Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarves are not happy.

I'll be a DLR around the same time as you (1st - 10th of March) Very excited!
So what is the go with moleskin? I've heard of it, but I've got no idea what it is in the slightest?
Old 01-25-2008, 10:45 AM   #15
mla1977

Moleskin is a thick, super sticky material that you can put on areas that usually get blisters. I can't really describe it better than that. You can get it at most pharmacies for only a few bucks for a few sheets. It is sooo worth the money.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: