Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Canadian Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2008, 08:36 AM   #46
maggieb9975
DIS Veteran

Smile Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Step View Post
I haven't flown out of detroit or buffelo before but I plan to now that I live in London Ontario. We have a shuttle from here to the detroit airport that only costs around $100 return. Still an incredible savings compared to flying out of London or Toronto.

Hi there, I am so happy for your post! I live in Wingham and after reading your post checked out shuttle service and am so happy!! I can drive to London which I don't mind doing, leave my car FOR FREE at the Ramada Inn in London , without staying there, and Robert Q airbus will take me to Detroit airport!

My DD and I are going to WDW in October. I have enough Airmiles to get one seat and was so excited about that, figuring I was saving a bundle,,, BUT when I called I found out you have to pay the taxes! So, for me and my daughter to fly out of Toronto with a connecting flight throuigh Montreal, it was still going to cost $859.00

I wasn't too sure about traveling to Detroit by myself but now with this shuttle service I am all set......now I have to start checking for prices from Detroit...

Thanks to everyone who has posted here, it has been very helpful
maggieb9975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 11:24 AM   #47
fatty4iz
Earning My Ears

Buffalo airport parking

Are the parking lots fairly safe at the airport to leave your car for extended periods of time? Thefts, damage etc.
fatty4iz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-04-2008, 06:27 PM   #48
candizfan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggieb9975 View Post
Hi there, I am so happy for your post! I live in Wingham and after reading your post checked out shuttle service and am so happy!! I can drive to London which I don't mind doing, leave my car FOR FREE at the Ramada Inn in London , without staying there, and Robert Q airbus will take me to Detroit airport!

My DD and I are going to WDW in October. I have enough Airmiles to get one seat and was so excited about that, figuring I was saving a bundle,,, BUT when I called I found out you have to pay the taxes! So, for me and my daughter to fly out of Toronto with a connecting flight throuigh Montreal, it was still going to cost $859.00

I wasn't too sure about traveling to Detroit by myself but now with this shuttle service I am all set......now I have to start checking for prices from Detroit...

Thanks to everyone who has posted here, it has been very helpful
Check out the cost of picking up the Rober Q in Windsor. You can drive to the Holiday Inn and pick up the shuttle there. It cost $25 per person each way the last time we took it.
offsite'95,2000,01,03,POR July 03,SSR July 05, Disney Magic Mar 07, OKW Mar 08, AKV July 08, SSR Jan 09, Disney Magic Mar 09, AKV Mar 2010, SSR Feb 11, Disney Magic Mar 11, AKV May 12, Universal Mar 13, Disney Fantasy Mar 14
candizfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 06:51 PM   #49
CdnTink
Earning My Ears

We fly out of Detroit and find it to be safe, it is in a suburb of Detroit, not in a risky area. We also take the tunnel, we find it to be less of a wait than the bridge. I wouldn't leave anything of value in your vehicle, but I think that's true of any area.

We have stayed in a hotel and saved the parking. We are planning on staying in the lot on our next trip. Will let you know how it goes.
CdnTink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 08:48 AM   #50
Bubbie
Mouseketeer

The blue lot at Metro is where I always park. $10.00 a day and they shuttle you to your terminal. We leave on Thursday!
Bubbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 03:28 AM   #51
yensidtlaw
Mouseketeer

Cool Southwest

Not sure if every is aware but Southwest will be releasing fares throught o October 30th on April 17th. We usually fly Northwest out of Detroit but figure we'll try Southwest out of Buffalo this year if prices are comparable as it's closer to home (Cambridge).
yensidtlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 01:28 PM   #52
DearDaisyinDurham
I'm trying not to look at the poutine, it's my weakness

Quote:
Originally Posted by yensidtlaw View Post
Not sure if every is aware but Southwest will be releasing fares throught o October 30th on April 17th. We usually fly Northwest out of Detroit but figure we'll try Southwest out of Buffalo this year if prices are comparable as it's closer to home (Cambridge).
Thanks for the terrific info!! It's great to have options and I always find options on the Dis boards!
Old 03-07-2008, 08:30 AM   #53
BitsnBearsMom
We sure are lucky that way
Felt guilty not admitting that I am wearing them now

We are at the fairfield in Detroit as I type - very very nice hotel. Clean, good service and the free brekie was your standard fare - muffins, donuts, toast, breakfast sandwiches, fruit, yogurt - everything was fresh and pretty good.
There is some noise from the planes but it didn't keep me up at all last night.

Parking is right beside the hotel at the quick park - we have 8 days included and will have to pay for the other 2 days. If you are heading to the airport before 9am you have to pre-book the shuttle otherwise it comes about every 30 mins - we're catching it at 11am so we have time at the airport to have lunch before our 1:45 flight to San Juan.

I'd stay here again.

Any questions feel free to ask - I probably won't be online again though until after the March break.
Old 03-07-2008, 04:50 PM   #54
CDNmouse
Well I am a Big Dog Daddy you know my face and the joint starts rockin when I walk in the place.

Local Windsor radio station reporting about 1.15 hour wait to cross into US at the tunnel. No time frame given to cross at the bridge but traffic is backed up on Huron Church road.

Grab a coffee before entering the parking lots.

Gary

My wine blog.
Wines from Essex County region. >> EssexWineReview.com
CDNmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 10:33 AM   #55
Cdnmommy
Mouseketeer

This is great! Thanks for all of the tips!
Cdnmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 03:38 PM   #56
KNovacovschi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatty4iz View Post
Are the parking lots fairly safe at the airport to leave your car for extended periods of time? Thefts, damage etc.
We flew out of Buffalo and left our vehicle in the preferred long term parking for the week and when we returned it was just the way we left it...coffee cup and all...DH forgot to take it out when we arrived...

DD-16 DH-33 ME-36

Sept 17-23, 2006 - POP; Aug 12-18, 2007 - POP; Oct 14-20, 2012 - POP; Nov 17-23, 2013 - POP; Sept 27-Oct 4, 2014 - POP (adult only);
Sept 20-26, 2015 - POP (DM/DD trip)

I've been sprung....YEAH
KNovacovschi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 08:16 AM   #57
BitsnBearsMom
We sure are lucky that way
Felt guilty not admitting that I am wearing them now

Just got home last night and our car was safe and sound in one piece at the quick park in Detroit. Even my St paddy's day Mickey antenna topper was still there!
Old 03-25-2008, 08:21 PM   #58
realfam
Love the mouse!

We just booked flights out of Buffalo for our August DVC trip. We paid $660 for the 3 of us with AirTran. I thought that was an awesome deal...
Westjet want $1760 return.. That's a big difference!
Sept'05 Fort Wilderness for 8 days, Sept'07 MNSSHP, Sept21-29, 2007 DCL Western Cruise, Aug 18-27 First DVC trip to SSR & AKV, Oct 11, 2008 DCL Eastern Carribean on the Magic, Dec'08 SSR & OKW, Jan'09 AKL, April10-27 East Bound Transatlantic with 3 days in Barcelona
realfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 01:31 PM   #59
BKMETV
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BitsnBearsMom View Post
We are at the fairfield in Detroit as I type - very very nice hotel. Clean, good service and the free brekie was your standard fare - muffins, donuts, toast, breakfast sandwiches, fruit, yogurt - everything was fresh and pretty good.
There is some noise from the planes but it didn't keep me up at all last night.

Parking is right beside the hotel at the quick park - we have 8 days included and will have to pay for the other 2 days. If you are heading to the airport before 9am you have to pre-book the shuttle otherwise it comes about every 30 mins - we're catching it at 11am so we have time at the airport to have lunch before our 1:45 flight to San Juan.

I'd stay here again.

Any questions feel free to ask - I probably won't be online again though until after the March break.
By Fairfield do you mean the Marriot Fairfield? I'm looking for a good place to stay with 2 kids and need to leave the car for 8 nights so this sounds ideal.

Thanks

- Me - DH - DS 14 - DD 12

BKMETV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 06:37 PM   #60
petbren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKMETV View Post
By Fairfield do you mean the Marriot Fairfield? I'm looking for a good place to stay with 2 kids and need to leave the car for 8 nights so this sounds ideal.

Thanks
I'm sure that is what they meant.We stayed there too just before March break.
It was a great hotel, so close to the airport and parking.
The hotel was only opened in June/07, so nice and new.
We had a room that had a pull out couch in one area, with a flat screen tv and lot of channels, and a queen bed in a semi-private area with another reg. tv. There was a small fridge, microwave and coffeemaker.
There were 4 computers to use to check-in at your airline, good for us flying SWA. There is a nice small indoor pool and whirlpool, and a nice workout room.
The only complaint was they were not prepared for all us Canadians leaving at March break with only one person at the desk,and a hotel with no vacancy. The lady servicing the cont. breaky was running out of food just before 10am.
We booked on line and got the room for $99+tax, with 8 days of parking.
I would stay there again in an instant.
AKV-KIDANI 2014 Fantasy E.Carib.20132011 HHI 2011 BWV 2009 BCV/OKW for F&W Festival, 2008 AKV,2007 1st trip home BWV 2006 Pop Century 2004 Polynesian 1991 Caribbean Beach Resort 1982 Off Site 1977 Off Site
petbren is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: