Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Canadian Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-04-2011, 11:27 AM   #211
phabric
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by alohamom View Post
I dont think so, I am not 100% sure but we have flown many times in winter and had to come out to a snow covered (and I mean COVERED!) car. IT may exsist though, check out their website http://www.buffaloairport.com/
Thanks for the site.

They say Short Term Garage, so it must be covered, the other lots don't say garage.. It is $168 weekly max. It might be worth it in the winter months.
phabric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 10:03 AM   #212
Susan595
First time Disney planner

Thanks I just booked the room, makes things even more exciting for me I didn't get the 129 rate though 149 which still fine, parking for a penny a day
Register to remove

Old 04-12-2011, 10:02 PM   #213
LondonMommy
Earning My Ears

DTW Long Term Parking Options

Hi... first time poster here : )

We're planning a last minute trip to WDW (11 more sleeps!), and will be flying out of Detroit for the first time.

I have called the airport parking services (the various coloured lots), and they do not allow you to pre-book. I don't like leaving that loose end. I would hate to arrive to find no spots available and scramble to make other, likely more expensive arrangements.

I have seen the referrals for both Airlines Parking, and Qwik Park (although can't find rates on QP's website). Would you recommend one of these over the Airport's own lots at all? Can you pre-book with them?

We're looking for a resonable price for a 6 night stay and will not be staying overnight in Detroit because our flight doesnt leave until after 9pm.

Any tips/suggestions welcome!

Roxanne
LondonMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 06:21 PM   #214
teamaaron
Aladin, my boy. Poor but got the girl of his dreams!

getting a ride to buffalo by a close friend, but ya flying out of buffalo really saved us A LOT of money. Leaving via Continnental from Buffalo on Monday May 2nd.

See a bunch of you there if you're going.
teamaaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 07:53 PM   #215
CanadianPaco
Canadian
I was 5'4" because of my big hair

Air Trans in Detroit

Which terminal does Air Trans fly our of in the Detroit airport? North or McNamara?
Aug 2009 - ASMu / Aug 2010 - POFQ
Aug 2007 - HoJos - DL / April 2009 - HoJos - DL
Aug 2004 - ASMo / July 2005 - Pop
CanadianPaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 06:48 PM   #216
thehowells
Mouseketeer

macnamrra, as far as i can remember
thehowells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 01:29 PM   #217
phabric
DIS Veteran

I tried Priceline for August 20 one night up to $85 US and was rejected. I went to Hotwire and got Quality Inn for $95 CDN for a total of $117 CDN.

Does anybody know if you can leave your car there or will be have to pay to park at the airport?
phabric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 10:43 AM   #218
Trinityloo
Mouseketeer

Hello everyone! I am from Toronto and have been to WDW a few times now, but have never flown out of Buffalo before. I am looking for any and all tips you may have for me regarding how I can best pull this off! Off the top of my head are the following questions:

1. What airlines have you used?
2. Do you stay at a hotel the night before and if so, which hotel?
3. Approximately how much money do you think you save by flying out of Buffalo?
4. Do you park at the airport or,as I have read on this thread, at a hotel?

I am sure there are many things that I haven`t even thought of! Any help would be so much appreciated!
Thanks!
Trinityloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 11:33 AM   #219
son3disfan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinityloo View Post
Hello everyone! I am from Toronto and have been to WDW a few times now, but have never flown out of Buffalo before. I am looking for any and all tips you may have for me regarding how I can best pull this off! Off the top of my head are the following questions:

1. What airlines have you used?
2. Do you stay at a hotel the night before and if so, which hotel?
3. Approximately how much money do you think you save by flying out of Buffalo?
4. Do you park at the airport or,as I have read on this thread, at a hotel?

I am sure there are many things that I haven`t even thought of! Any help would be so much appreciated!
Thanks!
All of your questions can be answered in the previous posts in this thread. Start at page one....and work your way through! There has been some awesome info posted, maps, and even hotel/parking info.
This thread was created for travelers from Canada using Buffalo and Detroit airport.
And yes, the savings are quite substial flying out of Buffalo.

DISNEY CRUISES:
Wonder2008/ Magic Eastern2009
Magic Western2010/Wonder Mexican Riviera2011
Magic Eastern2012/ Wonder Alaska2013
son3disfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 10:02 AM   #220
Trinityloo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by son3disfan View Post
All of your questions can be answered in the previous posts in this thread. Start at page one....and work your way through! There has been some awesome info posted, maps, and even hotel/parking info.
This thread was created for travelers from Canada using Buffalo and Detroit airport.
And yes, the savings are quite substial flying out of Buffalo.
Thanks! I have read through some of the thread and you are right, there is some very useful information there already. I was just hoping for some more up to date info since most of the entries date back a few years.
Old 08-17-2011, 10:20 AM   #221
son3disfan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks! I have read through some of the thread and you are right, there is some very useful information there already. I was just hoping for some more up to date info since most of the entries date back a few years.
Not much changes...maybe some new hotels in the area...

The three airlines that have non-stop flights out of Buffalo are( in order of my favorite!)

Jetblue
Southwest
AIRTRAN

You can check their websites for the best deals and compare prices out of Toronto. Right now, Jetblue has some pretty high fares for 2012...The highest we have ever paid. But they are a great airline.

DISNEY CRUISES:
Old 08-17-2011, 04:49 PM   #222
Trinityloo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by son3disfan View Post
Not much changes...maybe some new hotels in the area...

The three airlines that have non-stop flights out of Buffalo are( in order of my favorite!)

Jetblue
Southwest
AIRTRAN

You can check their websites for the best deals and compare prices out of Toronto. Right now, Jetblue has some pretty high fares for 2012...The highest we have ever paid. But they are a great airline.
That`s exactly the type of input I am looking for! I don`t have experience with those airlines, so it`s good to know which are reliable. When I checked the prices for Jetblue today, they are $1100 cheaper than flying out from Toronto on Canjet!!! And you say that this is the highest you have ever paid?!!!! I should have looked into this 3 trips ago. Thanks again for your help!
Old 08-17-2011, 05:26 PM   #223
son3disfan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
That`s exactly the type of input I am looking for! I don`t have experience with those airlines, so it`s good to know which are reliable. When I checked the prices for Jetblue today, they are $1100 cheaper than flying out from Toronto on Canjet!!! And you say that this is the highest you have ever paid?!!!! I should have looked into this 3 trips ago. Thanks again for your help!
In 2009 we paid $548 for 5 roundtrip, non stop flights. That is the total price for 5 people....that was on Spirit airlines out of Detroit. Not a fan of Spirit. Super budget airlines, and not very reliable.

Jetblue has tvs, 1 free checked bag, no fee to pick a seat , and free drinks/ snacks. Also if the price goes down, they will give you a Jetblue credit to spend on another flight within a year.

Southwest has no change fees as well ( you can change your flight / day / time for credit or a new flight) , and free checked bag. You can pay $10 per person for early priority check in, otherwise, if you dont want to pay that, you can check in 24 hours before the flight, and you get an A ,B , or C boarding pass, to which you line up to board ( this is why I like Jetblue
better ). Southwest s a great airline though.
AIRTRAN you need to pay $6.00 per person for seats and $20 a checked bag.sometimes you will see a low fare, but keep in mind to add those things in to the fare....they usually work out the same as Southwest ( which just bought out AIRTRAN).There fares change constantly, ( ths has been our experience) and on many occasions, non stop flights are changed to layovers...
Again, this is why I choose Jetblue as our fav.

All three offer nonstop to MCO which is a must for us.
We usually pay anywhere from $89 to $99 each way, nonstop. The days of $59 fares are gone.....
We are travelling at a peak time this year, March break and are laying $159 there and $139 return. Again, the most we have ever paid, but it s peak time and fares have increased this year.
Still way cheaper then out of YYz. Or anywhere in Canada for that matter.

Hope that helps.

DISNEY CRUISES:
Old 08-17-2011, 09:30 PM   #224
Trinityloo
Mouseketeer

Thanks so much son3disfan!
Old 10-31-2011, 03:32 PM   #225
WannabeCinderella
Earning My Ears

Rochester!!!

I live in Toronto. I have never flown to Orlando from here, but have done so from both Buffalo and Rochester many times. We go during the New Year's week or March Break, prime time highest prices. On average, we pay less for our entire tickets flying from Rochester, than just the tax cost from Toronto. The price from Buffalo is half of Toronto. The price from Rochester is half of Buffalo. I know that the Niagara falls airport (Direct air) is the absolute cheapest and closest to Canada. However, it usually sells out the prime time weeks 4 to 6 months in advance.
WannabeCinderella is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: