Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Canadian Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-11-2014, 09:02 AM   #1
KandyM
Mouseketeer

Credit Card Questions

Hi,
I am planning a trip for December. My Disney resort package is on my MasterCard as it has the best travel insurance. When I check in, can I put a different card down as the one to use for charges to the room? I'd like to use my Amazon.ca card for this as they have 0 international exchange fees.
Anyone know if this works?
KandyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 09:57 AM   #2
ottawamom
Mouseketeer

You will be able to give them whichever credit card you choose when you check in. I have used my card in the past to pay for the trip and my husbands (different #) when we check in for charging in the parks etc.
ottawamom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-11-2014, 12:30 PM   #3
Maddysdaddy
DIS Veteran

Don't see why not. As long as the Mastercard was used to pay for the flights, hotel, tickets etc., the travel coverage for those items should be covered.

Best way to answer this question, rather than taking advice on financial matters from strangers on a chat board, is to call you credit card company to see if they have any fine print in their terms and conditions that would deal with this type of situation.
Maddysdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 01:10 PM   #4
KandyM
Mouseketeer

Thanks. My question is really if Disney systems will allow the second card on the account. Sounds like ottawamom has done this so great, good to hear.
KandyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 03:50 PM   #5
scrappinginontario
DIS Veteran

You will be able to checkin online before your trip and you will add your cc information at that time. If it gives you any grief (I don't believe it will) call Disney to explain what you want to do.

I highly recommend checking in online before you go.

There is some testing coming up where families will never have to checkin at the desk and will go directly to their rooms. That won't work for Canadians right now as they don't ship our bands internationally but once they do that would be nice too. Anything to get us to the parks faster! ).

Amazing Trips with DD: Nov 2014 (MVMCP with Nana & Papa), Sep 2014 (10 days with Cousins), Feb 2014 (7 night Eastern Caribbean cruise on Fantasy), November 2013 (2 days with grandparents), Aug 2013 (11 Mommy and DD days. Perfect!!), Nov 2012 (2 days AoA LM with grandparents and DN), Aug 2012 (10 awesome days with just the 2 of us!), Nov 2011 (2 days with grandparents), Aug 2011 (8 days with DN and Nana), Apr 2010 (3 days), Nov 2010 (2 days with grandparents)
scrappinginontario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 04:45 PM   #6
OnceUponATime15
Disney frequent flyer..

Quote:
Originally Posted by KandyM View Post
Hi, I am planning a trip for December. My Disney resort package is on my MasterCard as it has the best travel insurance. When I check in, can I put a different card down as the one to use for charges to the room? I'd like to use my Amazon.ca card for this as they have 0 international exchange fees. Anyone know if this works?
It will work. I always book my trip on my M/C (same reason as you) and place my Amex on file while at WDW

Have never had any problem doing things this way.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: