Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2008, 10:20 PM   #1456
Inda
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdcp View Post
I thought the parking issue was settled a couple of months ago. There's a post somewhere (I think on this thread) where someone got an answer directly from Disney that said SOG didn't have to pay for parking and that they needed to make sure all their parking attendants knew that.
I think the parking sitch is becoming a SOG Disney World Pay-For-Parking Urban Legend. I'm going to run it by snopes to see what the real deal is before we leave for our next trip .

May 2010 POFQ/Swan split
Old 08-17-2008, 05:18 AM   #1457
Sleepy
I'll have to remember that one
Maybe I should start watching the news

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyFu18 View Post
Anyone tried to use SOG reservations online? I've been trying to get some rates online (for days that are available according to the calendar) but every time I try to load the reservations page I get an error. Has this happened to anyone else, or is it something with my computer/internet?
I am having the same problem.

Use this chart http://www.shadesofgreen.org/roomrates.pdf to know your rate. Add an additional $15 for each extra adult.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-17-2008, 02:58 PM   #1458
bgdiznee
Mouseketeer

Small change in topic, sorry. Does anyone have a link to the SOG resort map? I saw the one on Allears but that one is done prior to the renovation and doesn't include the new wing.
I'm trying to find actual room numbers for our location request when I make our reservations for next March.
In April we stayed in the new wing over looking the Magnolia golf course I believe. It was at the very end of the hall away from the elevators and parking garage. I know, quite a hike but sooo quiet. We really liked it and want that location again.
If anyone can help I would appreciate it! Thanks!
Old 08-17-2008, 03:40 PM   #1459
KatRob
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgdiznee View Post
Small change in topic, sorry. Does anyone have a link to the SOG resort map? I saw the one on Allears but that one is done prior to the renovation and doesn't include the new wing.
I'm trying to find actual room numbers for our location request when I make our reservations for next March.
In April we stayed in the new wing over looking the Magnolia golf course I believe. It was at the very end of the hall away from the elevators and parking garage. I know, quite a hike but sooo quiet. We really liked it and want that location again.
If anyone can help I would appreciate it! Thanks!
Go back to page 41, post 604. Someone posted the map that you are given at check-in.
Old 08-17-2008, 04:16 PM   #1460
mom2jcc
Castle Suite Memories Forever!

Looks like some of the new rooms could have a parking garage view Is this correct?
Old 08-17-2008, 04:23 PM   #1461
bgdiznee
Mouseketeer

KatRob, thanks so much! Thats exactly what I was looking for. I don't know how well it works to request room numbers but I'm sure the SOG reservationist/room assigner will do their best. I've always found the staff to be very helpful.
Looking forward to March 09.
Old 08-17-2008, 05:52 PM   #1462
KatRob
Mouseketeer

I'm not sure how much the requests help or not. I have asked for certain floors and not gotten them. I have asked not to be put past a certain room number due to bad knees and not wanting to take a handicap room and still been at the end of the hall.

Good luck!
Old 08-18-2008, 01:38 PM   #1463
hildarumpole
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2jcc View Post
Looks like some of the new rooms could have a parking garage view Is this correct?
No, the new rooms don't overlook the parking garage. The map is kind of confusing. The manilla colored rooms are ground level with a patio. The ones that are around the parking garage have a view of the golf course. The new section is 5 stories, so the green rooms with the 5000's room numbers are actually the top floor.
Old 08-18-2008, 02:03 PM   #1464
marrimouse
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie Lor View Post
I have no idea what you meant by that. Generally most people on this board aren't looking for ways to cheat.

This is a Military Saying and if you don't understand it that's okay

July 2000 Shades of Green,
Oct 2005 Pop Century,
Oct 2006 Pop Century,
Oct 2007 PO FQR,
Oct 2009 PO Alligator Bayou
Oct 2010 PO Alligator Bayou (Again)

Old 08-18-2008, 02:13 PM   #1465
mom2jcc
Castle Suite Memories Forever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hildarumpole View Post
No, the new rooms don't overlook the parking garage. The map is kind of confusing. The manilla colored rooms are ground level with a patio. The ones that are around the parking garage have a view of the golf course. The new section is 5 stories, so the green rooms with the 5000's room numbers are actually the top floor.
Thanks Now I understand
Old 08-18-2008, 02:16 PM   #1466
Them!
What Yeti?

Response SOG to parking

I got an email response this morning from SOG about the parking fees. Here it is:

We have a $5.00 parking fee per night. Unfortunately, Shades of Green guests are not eligible for the free parking at the parks. The only one you can bypass is the Magic Kingdom as our resort is located in the Magic Kingdom resort area.

Kindest Regards,

-deleted name-

Shades of Green reservations

"Serving those who Serve"

So I am guessing some of the Disney toll collectors are not charging us though.
I got my tickets today and I saved some money by getting them at our Guard's MWR office. I can now fund my parking.LOL I just wish I could fund everybody's!
Old 08-18-2008, 02:50 PM   #1467
terbethk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bell30012 View Post
We were looking at it for our next trip at the end of 2008, SOG would cost me $125 per night plus $5 for parking. I can book at a value for $82 per night or a moderate for $149 with free parking.

Then of course, there is always the Nick Hotel... oops, did I say a bad word?

yeah, same here. We wanted to stay at SOG but the values are so much cheaper, especially for the amount of time we spend in the room, all star just worked better.
Old 08-18-2008, 03:08 PM   #1468
stitchrulz
I am not spoiled -- A bit past the expiration date, maybe.

Question Garden Gallery breakfast prices

Can anyone just back tell me how much the Garden Gallery breakfast buffet is for adults? I'm thinking it's $9 per person (which doesn't include a beverage, correct?). TIA!!
1995 - CBR (Honeymoon!) 1996 - Dixie Landings 1997 - CBR 2000 - CBR 2001 - SOG 2002 - Contemporary 2003 - Contemporary 2004 - SOG 2005 - Polynesian (10th Anniversary!) 2006 - WL 2007 SOG 2008 - SOG 2009 - Polynesian
2012 - Polynesian

In memory of Stubs, our beloved "Pud" 04/10/2007
Old 08-18-2008, 05:08 PM   #1469
Minnie Lor
I feel that same comaraderie

Quote:
Originally Posted by marrimouse View Post
This is a Military Saying and if you don't understand it that's okay
Ok ~ sorry. I married my officer after he retired.

Oct '99: CSR via SOG ~ May '02: CR via SOG ~ Nov '04: SOG ~ May '06: SOG ~ Dec '07: Pop for MouseFest ~ May '08: Pop w/friends ~
Oct '08: SOG ~ Dec '09: Pop for DIS-A-Palooza ~ Sep '10: Solo @ Pop ~ May '11: AKV for 15th Anniversary ~ Mar '13: Tokyo Disney
Old 08-18-2008, 06:29 PM   #1470
KatRob
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchrulz View Post
Can anyone just back tell me how much the Garden Gallery breakfast buffet is for adults? I'm thinking it's $9 per person (which doesn't include a beverage, correct?). TIA!!
I'm not sure how much the breakfast buffet costs, but I know I have never paid that much. I'm too tight to spend that kind of money and we do eat there most mornings.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: