Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2008, 10:43 AM   #1426
seabee
Signmaker extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by peytonsmomie View Post
We just made our reservations for April 5th-11th today. I've never stayed at sog (our last visit was when I was 13, and DH and the kids haven't ever been there).

I'm SO excited! I only wish we could do DDP there. If you stay at a disney property 1 day at the beginning, and 1 day at the end, can you get DDP? Would that be cheating?
It doesn't really work that way, but to be honest I wouldn't worry too much about it. We have reservations for Oct. and friends of our (family of 4) decided to join us. We just went through the numbers with them-hotel, tickets, food(with DDP and without) They were thinking of staying at POP and going in November. It was still cheaper for them to stay with us at SOG and not get DDP. We used the ADRs that we already had to figure in food. Granted there isn't a sit down everyday, we have 5 out of our 8 days but I think it might come close to being a wash if you did one everyday. I think that is a lot though. That's a lot of food, and I LIKE food. You can save by hitting the buffet at the hotel or the little cafe by the buses in the morning. If you are hanging around in the afternoon, grab lunch at Evergreen's. Their prices are not bad either. With the DDP if you don't use it you loose it, without it if you don't feel like eating you can use that money somewhere else. That's the way I look at it.I'm use to it though, because if we aren't staying at SOG we stay at Fort Wilderness and campers can't get DDP either. Have an AWESOME trip!! You will have a blast.
Old 08-13-2008, 10:50 AM   #1427
seabee
Signmaker extraordinaire

Question for you all, when you are staying at SOG do you post a little green mickey head on your door or anything to let people know you are members here? At the fort we do so that if you see someone you know from the boards you can say hi or whatever. Just wondering for our trip in Oct.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-13-2008, 11:00 AM   #1428
msmayor
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by seabee View Post
Question for you all, when you are staying at SOG do you post a little green mickey head on your door or anything to let people know you are members here? At the fort we do so that if you see someone you know from the boards you can say hi or whatever. Just wondering for our trip in Oct.
We were there last week, and I didn't see anything on any of the doors.

Just as the military doesn't allow any 'extra' items on their uniforms, I don't think they'd appreciate items being placed on the painted doors.
Oct 1997: All Star Sports
Oct 2000: Dixie Landings
Aug 2005: Wilderness Lodge
Aug 2008: Shades of Green...Family Grand Gathering
Aug 2010: One Day at MK - cruise stop!
Jun 2014: Boardwalk
Old 08-13-2008, 11:09 AM   #1429
seabee
Signmaker extraordinaire

Does anyone know if you can postpone your trip with in the 30 day limit? I know you have to cancel within 30 days to recieve your refund, but can you postpone under that 30 days with out penalty? DH is suppose to have surgery that we thought would already be taken care of at this point, of course it hasn't. Our appointment for consult is the 11th of Sept. and we are just hoping that surgery is either scheduled after our trip, or that he is healed well enough to go. AAAHHH, doctors don't they understand the importance of Disney!!!
Old 08-13-2008, 11:16 AM   #1430
MrJT
Content to be a Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto_fan View Post
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news
I'm looking at http://www.shadesofgreen.org/StarsStripes.htm , and it says 6-day adult S&S are $301.25 and 9-day adult S&S are $309.50.
I read your pre-trip report...sounds like you're going to have a blast! You'll be getting a lot of use out of the S&S options, so it's still a great deal.
I just looked at the site, and even though the date still says "as of july" the prices are updated. I knew it was coming. At least now, I can update my budget.
Old 08-13-2008, 03:24 PM   #1431
Sleepy
I'll have to remember that one
Maybe I should start watching the news

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2jcc View Post
Right! Our local MWR has the tickets way cheaper than SOG. I better get myself over there before the prices increase!! Thanks, Dissers
I just called yesterday and had my mom go by the base to get ours (thank goodness they are retired military also and live close to several bases). The Universal 7 day passes were $78 and the Disney 10 day hopper was $270 . They also had the option of Fed Ex for a fee of $15 total for those who don't live close to a base (which I would have been forced to do). Feels good to have the bulk of the vacation expense taken care of.
Old 08-13-2008, 10:22 PM   #1432
Ariel on Land
DIS Veteran

AAFES grocery stock

Does the AAFES store have plenty of basic groceries? Or should we pack our own ahead of time? Things like snacks, munchies, milk, cereal, little applesauces/fruit cups, bowls, little individual juices, etc... We may eat breakfast at the restaurant a couple of times, but I know if we hit rope drop for EMH, I'd rather have a quickie b-fast in the room instead. I suppose we could pack all this stuff ahead of time, and I may do so, but just wondering...

Thanks!

1990-offsite, 1996-offsite, 2008-SOG, 2009-CBR, 2010-CBR, 2013- AoA, 2014-POP

Old 08-14-2008, 05:25 AM   #1433
Sleepy

The last time we were there (2 years ago), AAFES had a good variety of snack stuff, cereal and milk. I seem to recall some of those individual bowls of oatmeal. Sorry, I don't remember any fruit cups. The milk came in quart sizes I think. There was no lunch meat or bread. I do recall some plastic bowls and paper plates. Would only make sense if they sold cereal. My advice is to pack the things you can't live without so you won't be disappointed when you get there.
Old 08-14-2008, 10:23 AM   #1434
Pluto_fan
DIS Veteran

Speaking of quarts of milk, how big is the refrigerator in the room? I can't remember. If I had a half gallon carton of milk, would I be able to store it upright? Would it fit on the door? Thanks!
Disneyland Aug 2006, daytrip Mar 1989, daytrip Jun 1985, daytrip
Old 08-14-2008, 10:28 AM   #1435
Sleepy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto_fan View Post
Speaking of quarts of milk, how big is the refrigerator in the room? I can't remember. If I had a half gallon carton of milk, would I be able to store it upright? Would it fit on the door? Thanks!
Not sure if half gallon would fit (maybe if you took out the shelf), but I know the quart would definitely fit in the door upright.
Old 08-15-2008, 10:07 AM   #1436
Them!
What Yeti?

Parking

I called SOG for my room request and the rep reread all the usual policies and mentioned that we would be paying the normal $5 garage fee and that we would have to pay for parking at all parks except MK. It is also on my new email confirmation. Soooo, I guess that parking thing is back on the burner.

The good news is that I can finally say I am going to Disney NEXT month. Yippee. (But, the last day of next month!)
Old 08-15-2008, 10:28 AM   #1437
Ariel on Land
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Them! View Post
I called SOG for my room request and the rep reread all the usual policies and mentioned that we would be paying the normal $5 garage fee and that we would have to pay for parking at all parks except MK. It is also on my new email confirmation. Soooo, I guess that parking thing is back on the burner.
Seriously?!?! How rotten!!!!!! Man, that adds up!!!

Anyone been there recently - did you pay parking?

1990-offsite, 1996-offsite, 2008-SOG, 2009-CBR, 2010-CBR, 2013- AoA, 2014-POP

Old 08-15-2008, 10:29 AM   #1438
Sleepy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Them! View Post
When will they ever stop flip flopping our perks????!!!!!! One week parking is free, the next week it costs, then free, then costs. SOG says one thing and then WDW says another. This is getting to be more than frustrating.
Old 08-15-2008, 10:46 AM   #1439
Maine-iac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepy View Post
When will they ever stop flip flopping our perks????!!!!!! One week parking is free, the next week it costs, then free, then costs. SOG says one thing and then WDW says another. This is getting to be more than frustrating.
my guess would be that SOG guests are now supposed to pay but maybe not all of the CMs at the entrances to the parking lots know it so you have some that charge and some that do not charge.

Old 08-15-2008, 10:53 AM   #1440
Them!
What Yeti?

Yeah, who wants to be the CM that has to spring that on a SOG guest... You know what happens to the messenger!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: