Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 03:38 AM   #1411
Sleepy
I'll have to remember that one
Maybe I should start watching the news

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatRob View Post
I cut out the part: "if people don't pay attention to the Quite sign at the start of the passageway." I wasn't sure if the sign was still there or not.
I have never noticed such a sign, or maybe I did and forgot about it since it was a rule we already follow.

It is common sense and common courtesy to "zip it" when we walk through the halls of a hotel. People can be sleeping any hour of the day. Someone might be sick or have a migraine. Someone might be praying. Someone might have a baby napping. Everyone is trying to enjoy their quiet time in the room. If they wanted to be around a bunch of noise, they would have stayed by the pool where noise is accepted.
Old 08-12-2008, 07:08 AM   #1412
mom2jcc
Castle Suite Memories Forever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepy View Post
I have never noticed such a sign, or maybe I did and forgot about it since it was a rule we already follow.

It is common sense and common courtesy to "zip it" when we walk through the halls of a hotel. People can be sleeping any hour of the day. Someone might be sick or have a migraine. Someone might be praying. Someone might have a baby napping. Everyone is trying to enjoy their quiet time in the room. If they wanted to be around a bunch of noise, they would have stayed by the pool where noise is accepted.
I agree. As most of us know, SOG is nice and quiet compared to some of the Disney owned resorts. I'll never forget walking into the CR lobby last trip to be greeted with SO MUCH noise. Walking back to the SOG lobby was so nice and peaceful.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-12-2008, 08:35 AM   #1413
KatRob
Mouseketeer

The sign was in the old section, end of breezeway, right before you hit the hallway. I know I saw it after the renovations, but it was there every visit starting with my first stay in '97.

I remember thinking it would be useful in the Disney resorts because they were so horrible...kids and teens running up and down the hallways; adults yelling at the kids, talking loud. My big shock was at AKL. I couldn't believe how loud and rowdy people were. Or rude, there were people stretched out across the seating areas sleeping!!

That was one of the main reasons we always stayed at SOG, everyone seems so much more respectful of the other guests.
Old 08-12-2008, 08:54 AM   #1414
mom2jcc

Ticket Price Increase?

Okay, I may have missed this.

I have in my notes from just a few months ago our ticket prices off the SOG site for our upcoming trip. I just went to double check the price and it has gone up quite a bit. Hmmm Did I miss an increase or did I just screw up the first time

I'm going to call our base ticket office (can't remember the proper name) to compare prices today, too.
Old 08-12-2008, 08:57 AM   #1415
my2princessgirls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2jcc View Post

I have in my notes from just a few months ago our ticket prices off the SOG site for our upcoming trip. I just went to double check the price and it has gone up quite a bit. Hmmm Did I miss an increase or did I just screw up the first time

I'm going to call our base ticket office (can't remember the proper name) to compare prices today, too.
Ticket prices recently went up (everywhere, not just SOG).
Old 08-12-2008, 09:34 AM   #1416
Pluto_fan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2jcc View Post

SOG's ticket prices went up sometime during the first week of August--I checked on Monday and they hadn't gone up yet, but by Friday they had.

HOWEVER...prices at your local MWR/ITT might not have gone up yet! DH just bought our tickets this morning at AF Services at the Pentagon. In addition to getting the pre-increase price, he got to "pick a duck" in a promotion they are having, and he got 10% off! Woo hoo! He paid $858.60 for three adult and one child 7-day hoppers. That would have been $1147.01 at the gate or $1057.50 at SOG. The person at the Pentagon said they expect their prices to go up any day now.

Thanks again to this thread for the tip about lower ticket prices at MWR!
Disneyland Aug 2006, daytrip Mar 1989, daytrip Jun 1985, daytrip
Old 08-12-2008, 10:47 AM   #1417
MrJT
Content to be a Mouseketeer

Where is everyone seeing the new ticket prices?
I looked on the SOG site, and the Stars & Stripes tickets have not changed.
Old 08-12-2008, 11:32 AM   #1418
Praying Colonel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatRob View Post
The sign was in the old section, end of breezeway, right before you hit the hallway. I know I saw it after the renovations, but it was there every visit starting with my first stay in '97.

I remember thinking it would be useful in the Disney resorts because they were so horrible...kids and teens running up and down the hallways; adults yelling at the kids, talking loud. My big shock was at AKL. I couldn't believe how loud and rowdy people were. Or rude, there were people stretched out across the seating areas sleeping!!

That was one of the main reasons we always stayed at SOG, everyone seems so much more respectful of the other guests.
The signs were there during our visit last week. DS thought they were a riot; he walked around saying everything in a stage whisper for the next 10 minutes. DS is funny that way. His sister doesn't think it's so funny, which is probably why he did it.
Old 08-12-2008, 01:29 PM   #1419
Pluto_fan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJT View Post
Where is everyone seeing the new ticket prices?
I looked on the SOG site, and the Stars & Stripes tickets have not changed.
I was focusing on the regular hoppers, not the S&S tickets. For the non-S&S tickets you have to click on "I will not be staying at Shades of Green or another WDW resort hotel", which seems potentially confusing to me! You can also get to the non-S&S page from the S&S page, where it says "Click here to view regular WDW tickets."

However, I have prices in my notes from about a month ago for Stars & Stripes passes also, and at that time a 7-day adult S&S pass was $291. It is now $304...so they have also increased fairly recently.
Old 08-12-2008, 01:46 PM   #1420
mom2jcc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto_fan View Post
SOG's ticket prices went up sometime during the first week of August--I checked on Monday and they hadn't gone up yet, but by Friday they had.

HOWEVER...prices at your local MWR/ITT might not have gone up yet! DH just bought our tickets this morning at AF Services at the Pentagon. In addition to getting the pre-increase price, he got to "pick a duck" in a promotion they are having, and he got 10% off! Woo hoo! He paid $858.60 for three adult and one child 7-day hoppers. That would have been $1147.01 at the gate or $1057.50 at SOG. The person at the Pentagon said they expect their prices to go up any day now.

Thanks again to this thread for the tip about lower ticket prices at MWR!
Right! Our local MWR has the tickets way cheaper than SOG. I better get myself over there before the prices increase!! Thanks, Dissers
Old 08-12-2008, 02:11 PM   #1421
MrJT
Content to be a Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto_fan View Post
However, I have prices in my notes from about a month ago for Stars & Stripes passes also, and at that time a 7-day adult S&S pass was $291. It is now $304...so they have also increased fairly recently.
I just double checked the SOG site, and their 7 day S&S pass is still listed at $291. So it's probably safe to assume that the 6 and 9 day passes went up about the same amount. So 4 tickets are going to cost about $50 more than planned
Old 08-12-2008, 10:44 PM   #1422
peytonsmomie
Mouseketeer

We just made our reservations for April 5th-11th today. I've never stayed at sog (our last visit was when I was 13, and DH and the kids haven't ever been there).

I'm SO excited! I only wish we could do DDP there. If you stay at a disney property 1 day at the beginning, and 1 day at the end, can you get DDP? Would that be cheating?
Old 08-13-2008, 05:55 AM   #1423
marrimouse
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by peytonsmomie View Post
We just made our reservations for April 5th-11th today. I've never stayed at sog (our last visit was when I was 13, and DH and the kids haven't ever been there).

I'm SO excited! I only wish we could do DDP there. If you stay at a disney property 1 day at the beginning, and 1 day at the end, can you get DDP? Would that be cheating?
If you're not cheating you're not trying.....

July 2000 Shades of Green,
Oct 2005 Pop Century,
Oct 2006 Pop Century,
Oct 2007 PO FQR,
Oct 2009 PO Alligator Bayou
Oct 2010 PO Alligator Bayou (Again)

Old 08-13-2008, 07:29 AM   #1424
Pluto_fan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJT View Post
I just double checked the SOG site, and their 7 day S&S pass is still listed at $291. So it's probably safe to assume that the 6 and 9 day passes went up about the same amount. So 4 tickets are going to cost about $50 more than planned
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news
I'm looking at http://www.shadesofgreen.org/StarsStripes.htm , and it says 6-day adult S&S are $301.25 and 9-day adult S&S are $309.50.
I read your pre-trip report...sounds like you're going to have a blast! You'll be getting a lot of use out of the S&S options, so it's still a great deal.
Old 08-13-2008, 08:01 AM   #1425
Minnie Lor
I feel that same comaraderie

Quote:
Originally Posted by peytonsmomie View Post

Sorry, it doesn't work that way. You get a DDP per each night of your stay and I believe that you have to stay a miminum of 3 nights. Now you could do a split stay. Stay for 3 nights at a Disney resort with DDP and the remainder at SOG without DDP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marrimouse View Post
If you're not cheating you're not trying.....
I have no idea what you meant by that. Generally most people on this board aren't looking for ways to cheat.

Oct '99: CSR via SOG ~ May '02: CR via SOG ~ Nov '04: SOG ~ May '06: SOG ~ Dec '07: Pop for MouseFest ~ May '08: Pop w/friends ~
Oct '08: SOG ~ Dec '09: Pop for DIS-A-Palooza ~ Sep '10: Solo @ Pop ~ May '11: AKV for 15th Anniversary ~ Mar '13: Tokyo Disney
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: