Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2008, 01:53 PM   #1396
Sleepy
I'll have to remember that one
Maybe I should start watching the news

Quote:
Originally Posted by abarnold View Post
The only thing I didn't like there was the pizza- it just had way too much cheese.
I have been visiting SOG since 1999. I have given the pizza a try each time I have stayed there. I just can't eat it and it has nothing to do with the cheese. It is the garlic. It is overwhelming. My son likes it though. The pizzas are really big and affordable. That is a plus.

We tried the chicken wings the last time we were there. If I remember, they were teriyaki or something like that. All I really remember is they were gigantic! We joked around with the kitchen staff and said they were baby turkey wings. I think the new pick up window is a fantastic! Evergreens is our chill out place when we vacation.
Old 08-07-2008, 04:15 PM   #1397
GJM
DIS Veteran

Just booked our reservations for Sept. 12 - 16, we are planning this quick trip before DH deploys for a year. I love SOG, we only stay here.

I just booked our room on line, it was showing not available but it let me book, but I want to call them tomorrow for the Fall Special, since I couldn't do it on line.

We also love Evergreens, sitting by the pool at night and eating!
Register to remove

Old 08-08-2008, 09:23 AM   #1398
GJM
DIS Veteran

I called about the "Fall into Autumn" Package. I just thinking we would just get a card and can get 15% off for the food. But you have to prepay for the meals. So for 4 nights it would have cost $576 for me, DH & DS.

I didn't do it, because we may not eat everynight at SOG. Plus the buffet breakfast isn't that expensive to begin with.

We may add an extra day - I really can't wait to go!
Old 08-08-2008, 11:25 AM   #1399
abarnold
Mouseketeer

I really like the idea of the "fall into Autumn" sale- I asked them if they were going to do it next year as well and they said for right now it was this year only- however if it's popular they'll bring it back and to look for it in April or May

Old 08-10-2008, 05:39 PM   #1400
Pixiedustspreader
Mouseketeer

How does the evening EMHs process work? Does each member in the room have their own "key" to present to the people handing out wristbands - like at the traditional on site hotels?
Thanks,
Bob

2005-FW Cabins(Oct) 2006-POP(Oct) 2007-POP(Oct)
2008-SOG(Oct) 2009-POFQ(Oct) 2010-Dolphin(Thanksgiving)
2011-POR(Oct) 2012-PCC 3.0(June) 2013-POR(Oct)
Old 08-10-2008, 06:06 PM   #1401
Maine-iac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixiedustspreader View Post
How does the evening EMHs process work? Does each member in the room have their own "key" to present to the people handing out wristbands - like at the traditional on site hotels?
Thanks,
Bob
Yes you will have to show them your room key to get a wristband. Each person will have to show one.

Old 08-10-2008, 09:55 PM   #1402
Inda
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixiedustspreader View Post
Thanks,
Bob
When we were there a few months ago, they gave us a little green piece of paper (the same size as room keys- wallet sized) when we checked in stating the number of people staying in the room. We took the paper to the parks and they issued us the appropriate number of wristbands.
Old 08-11-2008, 08:17 AM   #1403
mom2jcc
Castle Suite Memories Forever!

Room Location Question

What rooms are closest to the coffee stand/bus stop?
Are these rooms quiet?
What kind of view do you get?

Last time we were in the new section w/ golf course view which was great. However, it was sort of a walk to our morning coffee and lobby. Just trying to weigh the options
Old 08-11-2008, 08:37 AM   #1404
Briggidge2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepy View Post
I have been visiting SOG since 1999. I have given the pizza a try each time I have stayed there. I just can't eat it and it has nothing to do with the cheese. It is the garlic. It is overwhelming. My son likes it though. The pizzas are really big and affordable. That is a plus.

We tried the chicken wings the last time we were there. If I remember, they were teriyaki or something like that. All I really remember is they were gigantic! We joked around with the kitchen staff and said they were baby turkey wings. I think the new pick up window is a fantastic! Evergreens is our chill out place when we vacation.

I didn't like the pizza either. I ate it b/c it was a good deal and I was hungry, but it isn't something I crave. HAHA! Now, the fish and chips at Evergreens...I ate that two days in a row. I didn't eat any at Epcot, but I did at SOG.
Second trip: APR 3-8 09 BWI!!!
Old 08-11-2008, 08:48 AM   #1405
KatRob
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2jcc View Post
What rooms are closest to the coffee stand/bus stop?
Are these rooms quiet?
What kind of view do you get?

Last time we were in the new section w/ golf course view which was great. However, it was sort of a walk to our morning coffee and lobby. Just trying to weigh the options
Really the lobby seems to be centered pretty well. The older section is closer to the Java cart, but I remember something being set up to grab muffins and coffee in the lobby on at least one trip. And Express Cafe is right at the bus stop so seemed about the same to me.

Not that I have ever stayed in the first set of rooms in either section, but any room very close to elevators or the "breezeway" leading to the older section will have a bit more noise. More people, more noise.

In all the times I have stayed I have never had a bad view. Some were more active than others, but none bad.
Old 08-11-2008, 09:14 AM   #1406
ntsammy5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatRob View Post
but any room very close to elevators or the "breezeway" leading to the older section will have a bit more noise. More people, more noise.
We head the room right at the end of the breezeway about 7 years ago and it wasn't noisy at all.
Old 08-11-2008, 11:23 AM   #1407
Sleepy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntsammy5 View Post
We head the room right at the end of the breezeway about 7 years ago and it wasn't noisy at all.
We did too, about the same time (2001). We had the very first room on the left. We only noticed the occassional excited children. We always bring an electric cooler so the fan gives some white noise to kill most hallway noise.
Old 08-11-2008, 11:47 AM   #1408
Sleepy

Just passing along the info I got via e-mail.

Garden Gallery Dinner Buffet

Wednesday and Saturday Country Buffet $16.00 adult.
Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday Prime Rib Night $17.00 adult.
Monday and Friday Seafood Buffet $19.00 adult.

Coffee, tea, soda $2.00 each.

__________________________________________________ _____________

Fall Into Autumn Package

Breakfast Buffet and choice of Dinner Buffet or Evergreens
*Evergreens consists of appetizer/sandwich or salad/1 side item/soda
*pizza is an option

$587 4 nights/ Standard room/ Double Occupancy
*Ages 4-12 $60 each
*Ages 13+ $115 each

$733 5 nights/ Standard room/Double Occupancy
*Ages 4-12 $75 each
*Ages 13+ $144 each
Old 08-11-2008, 04:21 PM   #1409
KatRob
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepy View Post
We did too, about the same time (2001). We had the very first room on the left. We only noticed the occassional excited children. We always bring an electric cooler so the fan gives some white noise to kill most hallway noise.
I cut out the part: "if people don't pay attention to the Quite sign at the start of the passageway." I wasn't sure if the sign was still there or not.
Old 08-11-2008, 05:00 PM   #1410
bdcp
DIS Veteran

We had the pizza one time last trip. Never again. It was tasteless and the crust was not good. I like a lot of the food at Evergreen's. Good club sandwich, but not the pizza.
Shades of Green Nov 08

Shades of Green Oct 11
Shades of Green Nov 13
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: