Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2008, 05:17 PM   #1351
Them!
What Yeti?

Does anybody know if there is still a microwave in the SOG laundry room? (search function is wonky)

Thanks!
Old 07-26-2008, 06:08 PM   #1352
hmdavid
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Them! View Post
Does anybody know if there is still a microwave in the SOG laundry room? (search function is wonky)

Thanks!
We did not realize it until our last night, but there is one in the laundry area!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-26-2008, 07:54 PM   #1353
bdcp
DIS Veteran

I know EMH is a perk to most, but we avoid the park that has it because it tends to be a lot more crowded and we can get more done in another park during regular hours. I do agree that entitlements are an issue, and I feel Disney can revoke any special privelege any time they want and it won't make me angry or vengeful. I don't believe in getting back at anyone or any company. I say take the priveleges offered and don't expect anything else. To me the biggest perks are location and cost. My DH is an 0-6 with 27 years in the Navy and we don't feel entitled to anything. We enjoy SOG for what it is.

The first time I saw the microwave in the laundry room I thought that was really weird. I did a couple of loads and never saw anyone use it.
Shades of Green Nov 08

Shades of Green Oct 11
Shades of Green Nov 13
Old 07-26-2008, 09:07 PM   #1354
Them!
What Yeti?

....whew, I thought I was imagining a microwave! Is it in the new/old or both section(s) laundry room?

Jill
Old 07-27-2008, 04:25 AM   #1355
Sleepy
I'll have to remember that one
Maybe I should start watching the news

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2jcc View Post
My DH is AF and I am wondering if all the MWR offices no matter what location have the same ticket prices?
They do not have the same ticket prices.

Does anyone know why the Navy no longer lists their prices on the websites.
Old 07-27-2008, 07:19 AM   #1356
bigAWL
DIS Veteran

There's been past discussion about the Wishes fireworks as viewed from SOG. This was from room 303 balcony which is one of the first rooms in the old section, overlooking the Magnolia pool. Sorry these aren't the best fireworks shots, but I wanted to give you all an idea of what we could see.

1979 .......... Golf Resort
1984 .......... Hotel Royal Plaza
1989 .......... Offsite?
2007 Jun .................................................. .................................................. ................. Newport Bay Club
2008 May-Jun .. Shades of Green ................. Wonder 4-night Bahamas Double-dip
2009 Jul ...... Shades of Green ................. Magic 7-night E. Caribbean Tortola
2010 Jun ........................................ Magic 12-night Northern Europe
2010 Dec ...... Saratoga Springs Resort ......... Magic 11-night S. Caribbean Holiday
2011 Jul ........................................ Wonder 7-night Alaska .................... Villas at Grand Californian
2011 Oct ...... Polynesian - AKV Kidani
2012 Jun ...... Bay Lake Tower .................. Fantasy 7-night W. Caribbean
2013 Mar ...... Beach Club Villas - BLT ......... Dream 4/3-night Bahamas Back-to-Back
2014 Jun ........................................ Magic 12-night Med. Barcelona-Venice

Future Plans:

2015 Jan ...... Saratoga Springs Resort ......... Fantasy 7-night E. Caribbean San Juan
2015 Jun-Jul .................................... Magic 11-night Norwegian Fjords & Iceland
Old 07-27-2008, 10:39 AM   #1357
TY31088
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Them! View Post
....whew, I thought I was imagining a microwave! Is it in the new/old or both section(s) laundry room?

Jill
We saw one in the new section laundry room, beside the snack machine.
Ty
Old 07-27-2008, 10:59 AM   #1358
meriann
Mouseketeer

totally off topic but I have to share my DUH laundry moment.

we were there last month and I had to do laundry. We were in the old section pool side by the micky pool. I looked at the hotel map, it was about 10pm one night and I saw the laundry room in the new section, so I hauled my HUGE laundry bag ALL the way across the hotel and up a floor to the laundry room, then once I got there I realized I FORGOT MY MONEY SO I walked all the way back to the room, got my money, walked back, did my laundry. then at midnight hauled it all back to the room.

The next morning We were leaving and took a different route. I found the OTHER laundry room LITERALLY just around the corner from our room MY HUSBAND WAS ROOLING WITH LAUGHTER!

Old 07-27-2008, 11:02 AM   #1359
Them!
What Yeti?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TY31088 View Post
We saw one in the new section laundry room, beside the snack machine.
Ty
Thanks!
Old 07-27-2008, 11:24 AM   #1360
Them!
What Yeti?

Meriann: we did the SAME thing with the laundry. We hauled our big suitcase throught the lobby to get to the laundry room in the new section too! Derrrrrrrrrrrr
Old 07-27-2008, 01:42 PM   #1361
bkreitzel
Mouseketeer

Rent A Car, Or Not??

any advice for me? we will be at SOG April 8th-April 18th. It will be my DH and I, DD6, DD just turned 4 and a 2 month old baby. In addition, my in-laws are flying in w/ us and staying until Saturday. Saturday, my husbands god-parents fly in for the remainder of the trip to help out.
I am in a WDW wedding on the 16th so it will be nice to have sitters for that evening!
The BIG question is transportation.
Should we go w/ WDW bussing and monorail or rent a car? I am unsure about it due to taking a double stroller for the big kids and possible a stroller for the baby? Do I need to bring the bucket carseat and then a snap and go stroller??? I am thinking yes, so the baby can relax there during meals, etc and not be held for ten straight days...but then how much hassle is it getting on and off transportation? Would a car make more sense? We have never NOT used disney transport.
We will go to Sea World one day and had planned to rent a car for that one day at SOG.
Now I am waffling.
Any experience on traveling w/ three kids, including an infant?
I simply am still in shock that we are going to WDW w/ a newborn. If if were not my bf from college I would back out and wait til baby was older.
Old 07-27-2008, 05:13 PM   #1362
ntsammy5
DIS Veteran

In 32 trips we have ALWAYS gotten a car- might just be us but we always like our own transportation. A couple of times, though we've parked the car and haven't driven though. Less than a third of those trips were to SoG, and we only drove once.
Old 07-27-2008, 06:53 PM   #1363
Disneyfriend
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkreitzel View Post
any advice for me? we will be at SOG April 8th-April 18th. It will be my DH and I, DD6, DD just turned 4 and a 2 month old baby. In addition, my in-laws are flying in w/ us and staying until Saturday. Saturday, my husbands god-parents fly in for the remainder of the trip to help out.
I am in a WDW wedding on the 16th so it will be nice to have sitters for that evening!
The BIG question is transportation.
Should we go w/ WDW bussing and monorail or rent a car? I am unsure about it due to taking a double stroller for the big kids and possible a stroller for the baby? Do I need to bring the bucket carseat and then a snap and go stroller??? I am thinking yes, so the baby can relax there during meals, etc and not be held for ten straight days...but then how much hassle is it getting on and off transportation? Would a car make more sense? We have never NOT used disney transport.
We will go to Sea World one day and had planned to rent a car for that one day at SOG.
Now I am waffling.
Any experience on traveling w/ three kids, including an infant?
I simply am still in shock that we are going to WDW w/ a newborn. If if were not my bf from college I would back out and wait til baby was older.
Well, congratulations on your pregnancy!

The real answer to your question is that you can do your trip either way - with or without a car. There are probably advantages and disadvantages to both options.

But since you asked, I personally would go ahead and get a car. We did that last trip with 2 older kids and an 11-month old, and I'm glad we did. It's not much fun to constantly be hauling a stroller, diaper bag, and baby on and off the buses. We liked the efficiency and comfort of our own rental mini van. We never fooled with the parking trams - one of us just dropped the others off by the entrance and then went and parked the car.

Have a great trip. And for what it's worth, I actually think the ages of your kids will make for a pretty easy trip. You'll have two older kids who are potty trained and semi-self reliant. Plus a 2-month old, who is very portable and mellow. He/she will be happy in a stroller for long stretches of time, but you might also want to consider a Baby Bjorn or baby sling. It's a great option to have for lines. Last trip we did a combo of the stroller and our Baby Bjorn, and it worked out great.

Happy planning!

Disneyland - 15+ times since childhood
WDW - Poly/AKL 2001; SoG 2006; SoG/AKL 2008; Poly/AKV 2010; AKV/BLT 2012
Aulani - Dec 2011 and April 2012

And new DVC owner!

Old 07-29-2008, 12:13 AM   #1364
TotalSnowWhite
DIS Veteran

Soooo, I waited until now to book our December 3-7 room (we're moving over to YC the 7-10). Bad, bad, I know. I checked online and everything was booked!! I had a small panic attack, I think!! I know I said a couple choice words. I've already got our plane tickets and had reserved the YC room. My code wasn't good until the 7th, so I had visions of off-site schlepping to the park or all of us crammed in a value or having to shell out for the King suite at the Poly (or any other equally expensive room). I called my mom ('cause I still do that when I'm in a pickle...what can I say, I'm a mama's girl!). She told me I was a grown-up and the only Disney expert, so I'd have to figure it out. Well, I decided to call SoG Reservations and, low and behold, they had rooms available, both standard and pool adjacent. Thank goodness!! So, we're booked in our pool view room for December. Now I just hope it's warm enough to use it!!

So, if your dates are coming up booked on the site, it's definitely worth a phone call.

Old 07-29-2008, 02:16 PM   #1365
mom2jcc
Castle Suite Memories Forever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotalSnowWhite View Post
Soooo, I waited until now to book our December 3-7 room (we're moving over to YC the 7-10). Bad, bad, I know. I checked online and everything was booked!! I had a small panic attack, I think!! I know I said a couple choice words. I've already got our plane tickets and had reserved the YC room. My code wasn't good until the 7th, so I had visions of off-site schlepping to the park or all of us crammed in a value or having to shell out for the King suite at the Poly (or any other equally expensive room). I called my mom ('cause I still do that when I'm in a pickle...what can I say, I'm a mama's girl!). She told me I was a grown-up and the only Disney expert, so I'd have to figure it out. Well, I decided to call SoG Reservations and, low and behold, they had rooms available, both standard and pool adjacent. Thank goodness!! So, we're booked in our pool view room for December. Now I just hope it's warm enough to use it!!

So, if your dates are coming up booked on the site, it's definitely worth a phone call.
Congrats on getting a reservation!! What kind of code do you have for the 7th? Just curious The YC is a place we have always dreamed of staying
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: