Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2008, 09:12 AM   #1096
my2princessgirls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessesrule4 View Post
Thank you! We were planning on driving to AK, DTD and DHS. $11 is a lot! We have an AP so I appreciate the info on that - I didn't know it was free to AP holders!

I didn't realize it was free for AP holders either. We have APs, so I guess it won't be an issue for us.
Old 06-07-2008, 10:05 AM   #1097
Them!
What Yeti?

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessesrule4 View Post
Good for you! What email address did you use? I'd like to email them also.
Nickel and diming our servicemen and women by making them pay for parking irritates me a little! I know we get great rates but c'mon! Disney does not need the extra money from charging SOG guests for parking. Especially when it used to be free!

I used a link at the bottom of the official disney website and it took them about a month to respond. Pretty sure there is probably a more direct email addy somewhere though. I really do hope others contact Disney about this. I know the parking fee doesn't matter that much but I really want the young service members and their families to enjoy a great value vacation. They deserve it.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-07-2008, 10:14 PM   #1098
vbmom40
Mouseketeer

Visiting SOG 12/17/08-12/24/08

I read the rule for getting tickets for family members that do not have a military ID is that 50% of the people using the tickets must have a military ID. Is this True? Can someone without a military I.D use the AAFES general store? Can you have purchase from the parks sent back to the shades of green like you can do at other Disney property hotels? Where can you find the shady shuttle to catch a ride to the end of the property? My dad has had 2 knee replacement surgeries. Thanks for any info!
#5 military brat
Old 06-07-2008, 11:14 PM   #1099
KatRob
Mouseketeer

Where did you read that "rule" about purchasing tickets? Never heard that before. I show my ID when making the purchase and tell them how many and what kind of tickets I need. Never questioned about who had ID's or not.

AAFES has never asked for an ID when making purchases so that shouldn't be a problem either.

Yes, purchases can be delivered to SOG. Some CM's seem to have trouble finding the name on the form, but it is there. They do not have same day delivery so make sure it isn't the day before you are leaving. Your departure has to be two days away.

The Shady Shuttle can be found right outside the lobby door (same place as guest drop off). He runs from there to the end of the sidewalk. There is no set schedule.

Hope that helps.
Old 06-08-2008, 12:29 AM   #1100
vbmom40
Mouseketeer

Thank you for the info

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatRob View Post
Where did you read that "rule" about purchasing tickets? Never heard that before. I show my ID when making the purchase and tell them how many and what kind of tickets I need. Never questioned about who had ID's or not.

AAFES has never asked for an ID when making purchases so that shouldn't be a problem either.

Yes, purchases can be delivered to SOG. Some CM's seem to have trouble finding the name on the form, but it is there. They do not have same day delivery so make sure it isn't the day before you are leaving. Your departure has to be two days away.

The Shady Shuttle can be found right outside the lobby door (same place as guest drop off). He runs from there to the end of the sidewalk. There is no set schedule.

Hope that helps.
I found the ticket info in the ultimate Disneyworld savings guide I purchased a couple of months ago. I was concerned because my dad is the only one out of 8 of us that has a military I.D. Thanks again!
Old 06-08-2008, 06:24 AM   #1101
suevee
I am in a frenzy!
A year later was in the same fix

My husband and I bought 15 passes. We had all our kids, spouses, and grandchildren. None had a military ID and we had no problem. I think the AAFES only checks ID for alchohol purchases.

treehouses '86, SoG 2000, Sog 2002, CR 2003, CR and Poly 2004, Sog 2005, 2006, 2007, March 2008, June 2008, Sog for Feb/Mar 2009, and Oct 2009 thanks to military Salute!!....Following Husband's wishes ...trip in March 2012 with grandson...Family trip in June 2012...
Old 06-08-2008, 06:25 AM   #1102
suevee
I am in a frenzy!
A year later was in the same fix

Quote:
Originally Posted by vbmom40 View Post
I found the ticket info in the ultimate Disneyworld savings guide I purchased a couple of months ago. I was concerned because my dad is the only one out of 8 of us that has a military I.D. Thanks again!
My husband and I bought 15 passes. We had all our kids, spouses, and grandchildren. None had a military ID and we had no problem. They also used their own credit cards to purchase them. I just had to be present to verify they were my guests. I think the AAFES only checks ID for alchohol purchases.

treehouses '86, SoG 2000, Sog 2002, CR 2003, CR and Poly 2004, Sog 2005, 2006, 2007, March 2008, June 2008, Sog for Feb/Mar 2009, and Oct 2009 thanks to military Salute!!....Following Husband's wishes ...trip in March 2012 with grandson...Family trip in June 2012...
Old 06-08-2008, 12:44 PM   #1103
vbmom40
Mouseketeer

Need a little help

What is a local ITT office and can I have my dad pick up our park tickets there? We are flying out late and will not be in orlando til after midnight. The adults are all early risers and want to get an early start to the parks and the teenagers will be sleeping in and taking advantage of the late extra magic hours. How does the disney photo pass work? Can our whole group use it even if we are not all together? The young people in the group will be going to the parks by themselves and I want pictures of them but doubt they will take them if I give them a camera. We will also be celebrating my dad's 75th birthday any suggestions on something cool to do for him? This is his first time at any Disney park!
Thanks for all the tips I have been reading!
Old 06-08-2008, 01:30 PM   #1104
KatRob
Mouseketeer

vbmom40, just looked at your dates and we will be there during that time. We arrive on the 18th, leave for a cruise on the 21st, and return on the 24th for Christmas at the World.

Relax, you have plenty of time to get this all worked out. Six months, 1 week and 5 days to be exact!

I'll see what I can come up with for that birthday...love doing birthdays for older folks (even though I have 2 siblings older than 75!)

The ticket office opens at 8 a.m. so those can be purchased the morning after you arrive and the teens' tickets can be walked back to the rooms before you have catch the bus.

My teen was always up for getting the early morning hours and doing the late hours in the parks.
Old 06-08-2008, 01:58 PM   #1105
Mrsjvb
DIS Veteran

the ITT office at SoG opens very early, so just get the tickets then, Otherwise you will have to have then in hand,purchased from a local base, and they do NOT offer the Stars and Stripes package, the one that includes all the Waterparks and DTD attractions like Pleasure Island. and sometimes the price isn't as good for the same options. additionally,some bases do not have them in hand you must order them ahead of time.

as for birfusday celebrations: any ADR reservation you make you can request or mention that there will be a birthday boy. you can get special desserts this way..usually a cake for him to share( if he feels like it)

You can also request the Happy Birthday Button just about anywhere..any of the on site restaurants(resorts included) or at Guest relations at each park.

and FTR, your dad wins the prize for oldest first timer! I though DH was bad at 36 for his first park( which was Tokyo Disney!)
Old 06-08-2008, 03:02 PM   #1106
hildarumpole
DIS Veteran

Quote:
How does the disney photo pass work? Can our whole group use it even if we are not all together? The young people in the group will be going to the parks by themselves and I want pictures of them but doubt they will take them if I give them a camera. We will also be celebrating my dad's 75th birthday any suggestions on something cool to do for him? This is his first time at any Disney park!
Thanks for all the tips I have been reading!
You're whole group doesn't have to be together to use Photopass. Make sure at least one person in each touring party gets a Photopass card. You get the cards from the photographer. When you order photos or other products, you can combine the various photopass cards on one account. Check out the website: http://www.disneyphotopass.com Last year, when we signed up for it, we got coupon codes good for 20-30% different products.

Make sure you mention your dad's birthday if you make an ADR. If you want to guarantee getting a cake, call and order one in advance. There's a sticky thread in the Restaurants forum that lists all the restaurant phone numbers and info on varieties and prices of cakes. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1173219 It can be hit or miss whether the restaurants offer any birthday freebies, so to be safe order a cake if it's important. If your dad likes fireworks, you could book a Wishes or Illuminations fireworks cruise or get an ADR at California Grill for a spectacular view.

Have a wonderful trip and best wishes to your dad on his 75th birthday!
Old 06-08-2008, 03:16 PM   #1107
vbmom40
Mouseketeer

Got another question

Thank you very much for the info! You guys and gals are great! When I booked the SOG they did not have any rooms available for the 24th, 25th and 26th so we are renting points from a Disney Vacation club member and staying at the boardwalk villas those other 2 nights. Does the SOG provide a service to have our bags taken to the Boardwalk like other disney hotels or do we have to take them there ourselves?
Thanks again!
Old 06-08-2008, 06:27 PM   #1108
vbmom40
Mouseketeer

What ages are your teenagers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatRob View Post
vbmom40, just looked at your dates and we will be there during that time. We arrive on the 18th, leave for a cruise on the 21st, and return on the 24th for Christmas at the World.

Relax, you have plenty of time to get this all worked out. Six months, 1 week and 5 days to be exact!

I'll see what I can come up with for that birthday...love doing birthdays for older folks (even though I have 2 siblings older than 75!)

The ticket office opens at 8 a.m. so those can be purchased the morning after you arrive and the teens' tickets can be walked back to the rooms before you have catch the bus.

My teen was always up for getting the early morning hours and doing the late hours in the parks.
How many are going in your party and how old? I have 19, 18, AND 2(17) yearl olds 1 girl 3 boys
Old 06-08-2008, 07:46 PM   #1109
KatRob
Mouseketeer

Quote:
How many are going in your party and how old? I have 19, 18, AND 2(17) yearl olds 1 girl 3 boys
There's just the three of us: me, DH, and DD (16).
Old 06-10-2008, 06:19 AM   #1110
meriann
Mouseketeer

I just had to pop in here and do a happy dance. We leave in 2 DAYS!!!!

I am doing laundry today, packing tomorrow then we will head out on Thursday!

We are stoping at a friends house friday night then check in at SOG on Saturday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! we will spend the rest of day by the POOL!

I CAN"T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok back to all the resort chatter!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: