Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 06-05-2008, 08:43 AM   #1081
mom2jcc
Castle Suite Memories Forever!
 
mom2jcc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Mississippi Gulf Coast
Posts: 838

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inda View Post
They can provide bedrails. I'd call ahead of time and request it for your reservation just in case they have a run on bedrails the week you're there .
Thanks, I'll do that
mom2jcc is offline  
Old 06-05-2008, 08:45 AM   #1082
mom2jcc
Castle Suite Memories Forever!
 
mom2jcc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Mississippi Gulf Coast
Posts: 838

What floor in the new section would you recommend and why?
Thanks
mom2jcc is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 06-06-2008, 03:30 AM   #1083
Sleepy
I'll have to remember that one
Maybe I should start watching the news
 
Sleepy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Naples, Italy
Posts: 5,644

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2jcc View Post
What floor in the new section would you recommend and why?
Thanks
Since the new section has no pools, I would base my choice on where the lobby is, so I would choose 2nd floor. I hate dealing with elevators. I like being able to just walk down hallways to get to the mini mart. Now that the bus loading area is in a section of the hotel not really accessible from any floor of the main hotel, being on lobby level would knock out the need for multiple elevators/stairs.
Sleepy is offline  
Old 06-06-2008, 10:33 AM   #1084
Them!
What Yeti?
 
Them!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: PHX the heat, my god, the HEAT
Posts: 219

Exclamation Parking fee: Disney Responds

As you all know SOG guests now have to pay for parking at any of the parks other than the Magic Kingdom. I emailed Disney guest relations about the new parking fee for SOG guests and I would like to post their response. Seems that the fee was indeed implemented by Dis and not SOG.

Thank you for contacting us.

From time to time, we evaluate our existing pricing structures and make

adjustments. Recently, we've added a parking fee for Shades of Green
Resort Guests. Although we regret your disappointment with the recent
parking fee, we want to assure you that your remarks have been shared
with the appropriate individuals.

Our guests' impressions are very important to us, and we appreciate the

time you took to share your thoughts. Thank you again for taking the
time to contact us.


Sincerely,

Executive Offices
Walt Disney World Resort
Them! is offline  
Old 06-06-2008, 12:25 PM   #1085
my2princessgirls
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 733

Quote:
Originally Posted by Them! View Post
As you all know SOG guests now have to pay for parking at any of the parks other than the Magic Kingdom. I emailed Disney guest relations about the new parking fee for SOG guests and I would like to post their response. Seems that the fee was indeed implemented by Dis and not SOG.

Thank you for contacting us.

From time to time, we evaluate our existing pricing structures and make

adjustments. Recently, we've added a parking fee for Shades of Green
Resort Guests. Although we regret your disappointment with the recent
parking fee, we want to assure you that your remarks have been shared
with the appropriate individuals.

Our guests' impressions are very important to us, and we appreciate the

time you took to share your thoughts. Thank you again for taking the
time to contact us.


Sincerely,

Executive Offices
Walt Disney World Resort
When did they start charging for parking at the parks? We were just there a couple of weeks ago, and didn't have to pay then. How disappointing.
__________________
Danielle
Me DH DD(11) DD(9)
my2princessgirls is offline  
Old 06-06-2008, 04:46 PM   #1086
Mrsjvb
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Pasadena MD
Posts: 2,338

It was official in January, and folks started reporting it being enforced in March.
Mrsjvb is online now  
Old 06-06-2008, 07:41 PM   #1087
wlvsfnz
Earning My Ears
 
wlvsfnz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Willowbrook, IL
Posts: 66

We booked a weekend last year in the Wisconsin Dells at the Mt. Olympus through the Armed Forces Vacation Club. It was $50.00 a night for a 2 bedroom condo. It had a flat screen on the wall above the fireplace, a kitchenette, the master bedroom had a jacuzzi tub and a HUGE separate bathroom. It was very nice. We even had access to the amusment and water parks on the property.

They are timeshares that the Armed Forces buys. We looked at the prices a couple of weeks ago and they raised the prices since we went, but some of them are still cheap for what you get. The locations change all of the time, so if there is a place you are looking for and it's not listed keep checking.
wlvsfnz is offline  
Old 06-06-2008, 08:56 PM   #1088
my2princessgirls
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 733

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrsjvb View Post
It was official in January, and folks started reporting it being enforced in March.
They certainly didn't enforce it in May. We were there for 12 nights (May 3-15) and never had to pay for parking at any of the parks.
__________________
Danielle
Me DH DD(11) DD(9)
my2princessgirls is offline  
Old 06-06-2008, 11:45 PM   #1089
Minnie Lor
I feel that same comaraderie
 
Minnie Lor's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: SW MO
Posts: 2,335

Quote:
Originally Posted by wlvsfnz View Post
We booked a weekend last year in the Wisconsin Dells at the Mt. Olympus through the Armed Forces Vacation Club. It was $50.00 a night for a 2 bedroom condo. It had a flat screen on the wall above the fireplace, a kitchenette, the master bedroom had a jacuzzi tub and a HUGE separate bathroom. It was very nice. We even had access to the amusment and water parks on the property.

They are timeshares that the Armed Forces buys. We looked at the prices a couple of weeks ago and they raised the prices since we went, but some of them are still cheap for what you get. The locations change all of the time, so if there is a place you are looking for and it's not listed keep checking.
I had no idea. I'm going to check into that. Thanks!!!
__________________
Lorie

Oct '99: CSR via SOG ~ May '02: CR via SOG ~ Nov '04: SOG ~ May '06: SOG ~ Dec '07: Pop for MouseFest ~ May '08: Pop w/friends ~
Oct '08: SOG ~ Dec '09: Pop for DIS-A-Palooza ~ Sep '10: Solo @ Pop ~ May '11: AKV for 15th Anniversary ~ Mar '13: Tokyo Disney
Minnie Lor is offline  
Old 06-07-2008, 05:43 AM   #1090
Poohbeck
DIS Veteran
 
Poohbeck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 533

Quote:
Originally Posted by wlvsfnz View Post
We booked a weekend last year in the Wisconsin Dells at the Mt. Olympus through the Armed Forces Vacation Club. It was $50.00 a night for a 2 bedroom condo. It had a flat screen on the wall above the fireplace, a kitchenette, the master bedroom had a jacuzzi tub and a HUGE separate bathroom. It was very nice. We even had access to the amusment and water parks on the property.

They are timeshares that the Armed Forces buys. We looked at the prices a couple of weeks ago and they raised the prices since we went, but some of them are still cheap for what you get. The locations change all of the time, so if there is a place you are looking for and it's not listed keep checking.
I'm glad to hear you had such a posititve experience. We just booked a week in Williamsburg, VA for next April at $330 for a 2-bedroom condo with a full kitchen and 2 bathrooms. The place has 2 pools, bike trails, game room, etc... We can't wait to go. This will be our first time using the AFVC.

I would love to keep hearing peoples experience.
__________________
Planning Stages for Disney - June 2012? SOG
Fantasy World Villas - April 2010 for 15 year Anniversary - Swim with Dolphins at DC

Shades of Green - November 2008 for MVMCP
Fantasy World Villas - February 2006 - Non-Disney trip - Sea World, NASA & Busch Gardens
Shades of Green - November 2004 - Celebrated 10 year Anniversary a bit early
Shades of Green - April 2000
- 5 year Anniversary

Port Orleans - April 1995 - Honeymoon

Caribbean Beach Resort - March 1993
- College graduation gift to myself

Somewhere Off Site - Spring 1988 - High School Senior Trip

DH 42 (celebrated 40th at Disney!) Me- 40 (celebrated 40th on train going home from Orlando)
DS12 DS14
Poohbeck is offline  
Old 06-07-2008, 08:01 AM   #1091
bdcp
DIS Veteran
 
bdcp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Virginia
Posts: 4,395

Quote:
Originally Posted by my2princessgirls View Post
They certainly didn't enforce it in May. We were there for 12 nights (May 3-15) and never had to pay for parking at any of the parks.
A couple of different people have reported the same thing so, it may take them a while to catch up. We will have our car, but we never drive to the parks. I don't see what the big deal is about parking considering the rates we get for the resort. We pay the highest rate and it's still cheap for what we get. I can't see staying at an equivalent resort and pay extra just to get free parking. I also can't see staying in a value just to save on parking either. You get so much more value in SOG, as well as hotel amenities, location, and not to mention it's a lot less crowded. I'm only mentioning this because a couple of people have said they'd stay elsewhere for free parking. Not a deal breaker to me even if I was driving to the parks.
__________________
Caribbean Beach Resort Nov 89
Shades of Green Nov 98
Shades of Green Nov 05
Shades of Green Nov 08

Shades of Green Oct 11
Shades of Green Nov 13
bdcp is offline  
Old 06-07-2008, 08:47 AM   #1092
princessesrule4
Nope, it's your imagination. It's dark orchid tag night!
 
princessesrule4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,359

How much is it to park at TTC,Epcot, AK & DHS?
princessesrule4 is offline  
Old 06-07-2008, 08:50 AM   #1093
ntsammy5
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Buffalo
Posts: 12,095

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessesrule4 View Post
How much is it to park at TTC,Epcot, AK & DHS?
TTC is free to SOG - the rest are $11 -- free if you have an AP.
ntsammy5 is offline  
Old 06-07-2008, 09:01 AM   #1094
princessesrule4
Nope, it's your imagination. It's dark orchid tag night!
 
princessesrule4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,359

Quote:
Originally Posted by Them! View Post
As you all know SOG guests now have to pay for parking at any of the parks other than the Magic Kingdom. I emailed Disney guest relations about the new parking fee for SOG guests and I would like to post their response. Seems that the fee was indeed implemented by Dis and not SOG.

Thank you for contacting us.

From time to time, we evaluate our existing pricing structures and make

adjustments. Recently, we've added a parking fee for Shades of Green
Resort Guests. Although we regret your disappointment with the recent
parking fee, we want to assure you that your remarks have been shared
with the appropriate individuals.

Our guests' impressions are very important to us, and we appreciate the

time you took to share your thoughts. Thank you again for taking the
time to contact us.


Sincerely,

Executive Offices
Walt Disney World Resort
Good for you! What email address did you use? I'd like to email them also.
Nickel and diming our servicemen and women by making them pay for parking irritates me a little! I know we get great rates but c'mon! Disney does not need the extra money from charging SOG guests for parking. Especially when it used to be free!
princessesrule4 is offline  
Old 06-07-2008, 09:03 AM   #1095
princessesrule4
Nope, it's your imagination. It's dark orchid tag night!
 
princessesrule4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,359

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntsammy5 View Post
TTC is free to SOG - the rest are $11 -- free if you have an AP.
Thank you! We were planning on driving to AK, DTD and DHS. $11 is a lot! We have an AP so I appreciate the info on that - I didn't know it was free to AP holders!
princessesrule4 is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:06 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: