Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2008, 09:37 AM   #931
Magic Mom
EVERYONE has the God given right to a vacation here
I did have to go there
And the end reward is my in laws

DD seems to remember that the last time we visited SOG, there was a girl doing braids by the pool. Is she still there (LOL was she ever there?) and how much does she charge?
Old 05-13-2008, 09:54 AM   #932
momof296&02
DIS Veteran

I am soo excited b/c we are able tostay at SoG in September! My father has his dd214 & I was told by SoG that we can stay in Jan & Sept. www.shadesofgreenvets.com. He recv'd an honorable discharge very quickly(something pretty bad happened), in fact i'm not sure if he actually served or anything. Alas they are telling me we can stay! $119 per night sounds good to me. All the reports sound wonderful. I can't wait
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-13-2008, 09:57 AM   #933
meriann
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie Lor View Post
Huh? What have I been missing out on? Tell me, tell me.
I was thinking the same thing. I would SOOO love to have a pool side massage! If they are doing it while I am there I will let you all know. Hubby has to take his lap top and do work a few days while we are there So I may snatch it for a min and let you know how the trip is going.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatRob View Post
Oh, rub it in will you? I have 7 months, 1 week and 1 day until I get back home to SOG.

I did forget to mention that although we pay to park, we do get the fridge free now instead of paying for that. Sort of evens it out.
not trying to rub it in, well maybe just a little but I am just so excited. This has been a pretty rocky year so far and we all really "need" this trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
MERIANN! I haven't seen you in awhile - your trip is so close!!!! I'll check out your trippie.
I have been neglecting my trippe but I am trying to do better. I promise a WONDERFUL TR once I am back with TONS of pictures. I already pre-ordered the photo pass cd for $99! I am hoping my SIL will split the cost with me too but if she dosen't then I will just be greedy! LOL

Old 05-13-2008, 10:33 AM   #934
mom2jcc
Castle Suite Memories Forever!

Hi, everyone
Well, I have to say I am disappointed with the no longer free parking at the parks. AK and HS are the two parks we like to drive to since we have toddler twins and two strollers. We enjoy walking to the Poly for MK and Epcot. I hope this decision is reversed by our trip in December. When I think about possibly changing to the POR resort (we have to sleep 5 in our case), then we lose that wonderful monorail option that we love so much. We lose the room space and the ever so quietness of the SOG. We like the way we can just walk over to O'Hana and Kona. I can't see us changing our reservation, but I AM sad.
Old 05-13-2008, 02:35 PM   #935
vettegirl
Proud USAF Wife!

We just returned from 6 days at the SOG and what a great place for the $111 a night we paid. It was always very quiet and the walk to the Poly was a breeze. The only disappointment was the buffet, they ran out of Prime Rib while we were eating, but the food was good. I can't wait to return, they even gave us a 30% coupon to return in August or September if we would like.
Old 05-13-2008, 03:12 PM   #936
gibsontrio
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=meriann;25080588]I was thinking the same thing. I would SOOO love to have a pool side massage!
[QUOTE=meriann;25080588]

She is amazing!! She said she is fairly new to shades of green , she usually travels to the other resorts like the poly so she's fairly new to shades. She hasnt gotten any of her publicity up so not to many people know about her unless you go to the mickey pool at see her. I got a 10 min massage for 10 dollars and she massaged my back for at least 15 min. Even asked me what area I'd like her to work on and she got all the knots out of my back. She offers everything from 10 massage and foot massages , to in room couples massages! My mom got a foot massage and said it was the best she's ever recieved!
Here is my room view picture

OH and did you know they can dress your kids up in costumes and take their pictures (or yours) by the mickey!? I'm not sure of the cost but I know you can get a photo done for $5

ME! , Hubby , Cameron , Willow , Roselynn
Old 05-13-2008, 06:00 PM   #937
Disneyfriend
DIS Veteran

Gibsontrio, I really love the picture you posted of the view from your room! It's gorgeous!

Can you give me details on where your room was? It was obviously on the ground floor - in the original section, right? How far of a walk was it from the lobby area? And did you have to take the elevator down from the lobby area to get to your floor?

I think you posted that you had a crib in your room, right? How did that work out? Did you like the room divider wall? I ask because we'll have two cribs (in two rooms) during our upcoming stay, and I'm trying to decide between renting full-size cribs from A Baby's Best Friend and just using the SoG cribs.

So glad you had an amazing trip, and a fantastic stay at SoG! Any other input or advice you could give would be most appreciated.

Disneyfriend

ps - One more thing - did your room have a double sink or a single? And was the sink in a separate room from the toilet area? Thanks again!

Disneyland - 15+ times since childhood
WDW - Poly/AKL 2001; SoG 2006; SoG/AKL 2008; Poly/AKV 2010; AKV/BLT 2012
Aulani - Dec 2011 and April 2012

And new DVC owner!

Old 05-13-2008, 06:46 PM   #938
Msslaydbug
Can't wait to get back !!
I have got to learn to stop drinking water
I am such a bad cook I burn water

I would also like to hear more about your room. The view is wonderful. Can someone remind me what the difference is between the rooms in the old and new section ?

Disneyland 4/00 * 10/06 * 3/09 * 3/12 X's 2 * 05/12 **coming soon Paradise Pier 09/12**
Old 05-13-2008, 08:41 PM   #939
gibsontrio
DIS Veteran

hey dis friends!
My room was room 190 and 191 ( connecting rooms) VERY short walk from the lobby. From the lobby we would walk past the aafes to the doors that say shhh (entering the hallway) then we either took the elevator down or the outside stairs down (much quicker that way). and there was our room . at the end of our hallway was doors that went right to the "rectangle pool". Yes we did have an older room with the little wall which was PERFECT for the crib. The crib was a metal frame crib on wheels, but it fit my 2 yr old and she slept perfectly in it ( she hates packand plays) the toilet area has a little serparater wall from the sink but there was only one sink not two. here's another shot of the room looking from the other side.

not much to the picture..lol except my mom, i'm standing next to the crib where the table and chairs are.
Any other ?? ask away, I was so delighted with them I'm writing them a letter thanking them.. wish I could say the same about disney..lol. my mil fell in MK and broke her arm and elbow! (she had surgery and is doing ok)

ME! , Hubby , Cameron , Willow , Roselynn
Old 05-13-2008, 10:47 PM   #940
Minnie Lor
I feel that same comaraderie

Oh your poor MIL. What a memory to take home. Love your pictures. The view looks great. I recognize those flowers from Shades. I guess that means I'm getting to be a regular.

We'll be back to Shades in Oct. and I can't wait. It's so peaceful.

Oct '99: CSR via SOG ~ May '02: CR via SOG ~ Nov '04: SOG ~ May '06: SOG ~ Dec '07: Pop for MouseFest ~ May '08: Pop w/friends ~
Oct '08: SOG ~ Dec '09: Pop for DIS-A-Palooza ~ Sep '10: Solo @ Pop ~ May '11: AKV for 15th Anniversary ~ Mar '13: Tokyo Disney
Old 05-14-2008, 08:08 AM   #941
mom2jcc

5th floor, new section, gold course view

Seeing the other beautiful room view reminded me that I haven't posted ours on here yet. I requested new section with a golf course view just from doing research. It was our first trip to SOG. We were very happy with our room and got to see wildlife everyday. Very quiet, too.

and here is DH feeding turkeys the Cheez-Its.

Here is the Mickey in the Lobby
Old 05-14-2008, 11:31 AM   #942
Sleepy
I'll have to remember that one
Maybe I should start watching the news

anyone care to assist me on how to post pictures? I can't believe I have so many posts, yet no pictures. I have a beautiful picture of the view from our last SOG room that I would like to post. Thanks in advance.
Old 05-14-2008, 11:56 AM   #943
meriann
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepy View Post
anyone care to assist me on how to post pictures? I can't believe I have so many posts, yet no pictures. I have a beautiful picture of the view from our last SOG room that I would like to post. Thanks in advance.
I don't know how others do it but this is how I do. You have to upload them to a photohosting site like Photobucket. once its uploaded, under the pic there will be choices for codes copyt the code for a "direct link" then here at this site on your post click the yellow square at the top of the reply that says Insert Image and a box will come up, you paste the code from Photobucket here, then finish typing your post and hit submit.

I hope that helps!

Old 05-14-2008, 12:05 PM   #944
mom2jcc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepy View Post
Ooooh, I would love to see more pics!!!
Old 05-14-2008, 04:25 PM   #945
bigAWL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by meriann View Post
I don't know how others do it but this is how I do. You have to upload them to a photohosting site like Photobucket. once its uploaded, under the pic there will be choices for codes copyt the code for a "direct link" then here at this site on your post click the yellow square at the top of the reply that says Insert Image and a box will come up, you paste the code from Photobucket here, then finish typing your post and hit submit.

I hope that helps!
One problem some people encounter at first is that the photo file on their computer is very large, and simply throwing that into a DISboard post, can really make it difficult on the readers.

One thing I like about using Photobucket.com, is that they have an optional setting that let's you limit all your uploads (the files you load from your computer onto thier website) to a certain size, such as 640x480 pixels or 1MB (you have a few choices). See the red and yellow highlight box below. That way you can upload any file without having to worry if it is too big or not. The website will automatically resize it down to your pre-set limit if necessary.

Also, when I post a photo, I use a slightly different procedure from meriann above: when looking at my photobucket album, I copy the code field labeled IMG Code, and then just paste that into the post editor where I want to photo to be. No need to hit the yellow button at the top.

Again, hope this helps.

1979 .......... Golf Resort
1984 .......... Hotel Royal Plaza
1989 .......... Offsite?
2007 Jun .................................................. .................................................. ................. Newport Bay Club
2008 May-Jun .. Shades of Green ................. Wonder 4-night Bahamas Double-dip
2009 Jul ...... Shades of Green ................. Magic 7-night E. Caribbean Tortola
2010 Jun ........................................ Magic 12-night Northern Europe
2010 Dec ...... Saratoga Springs Resort ......... Magic 11-night S. Caribbean Holiday
2011 Jul ........................................ Wonder 7-night Alaska .................... Villas at Grand Californian
2011 Oct ...... Polynesian - AKV Kidani
2012 Jun ...... Bay Lake Tower .................. Fantasy 7-night W. Caribbean
2013 Mar ...... Beach Club Villas - BLT ......... Dream 4/3-night Bahamas Back-to-Back
2014 Jun ........................................ Magic 12-night Med. Barcelona-Venice

Future Plans:

2015 Jan ...... Saratoga Springs Resort ......... Fantasy 7-night E. Caribbean San Juan
2015 Jun-Jul .................................... Magic 11-night Norwegian Fjords & Iceland
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: