Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2008, 01:53 PM   #856
MrJT
Content to be a Mouseketeer

So, we have to pay $11 to park at the parks, and also pay $5 to park at the hotel! That turns a $110 hotel into a $126 hotel. Not exactly the deal I was hoping for.
Old 05-08-2008, 02:04 PM   #857
a_sailor's_wife
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJT View Post
So, we have to pay $11 to park at the parks, and also pay $5 to park at the hotel! That turns a $110 hotel into a $126 hotel. Not exactly the deal I was hoping for.
I thought the same thing. Next year we'll be in a higher category and we normally only visit during slow times. So I could easily get a value for a lot less. As much as I love SOG, it will now be saved for special times and special trips. I'm so thankful for the service they provide for people like us, but I'm a saver and don't want to pay for a gorgeous room that I can't enjoy since we're always at the parks. Never know, if they loose any business they might offer again. I wonder why they did it in the first place.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-08-2008, 02:11 PM   #858
bigAWL
DIS Veteran

What about DTD? Is parking there free? And what is the fee to park for the day at AK or Epcot or DHS?

1979 .......... Golf Resort
1984 .......... Hotel Royal Plaza
1989 .......... Offsite?
2007 Jun .................................................. .................................................. ................. Newport Bay Club
2008 May-Jun .. Shades of Green ................. Wonder 4-night Bahamas Double-dip
2009 Jul ...... Shades of Green ................. Magic 7-night E. Caribbean Tortola
2010 Jun ........................................ Magic 12-night Northern Europe
2010 Dec ...... Saratoga Springs Resort ......... Magic 11-night S. Caribbean Holiday
2011 Jul ........................................ Wonder 7-night Alaska .................... Villas at Grand Californian
2011 Oct ...... Polynesian - AKV Kidani
2012 Jun ...... Bay Lake Tower .................. Fantasy 7-night W. Caribbean
2013 Mar ...... Beach Club Villas - BLT ......... Dream 4/3-night Bahamas Back-to-Back
2014 Jun ........................................ Magic 12-night Med. Barcelona-Venice

Future Plans:

2015 Jan ...... Saratoga Springs Resort ......... Fantasy 7-night E. Caribbean San Juan
2015 Jun-Jul .................................... Magic 11-night Norwegian Fjords & Iceland
Old 05-08-2008, 02:15 PM   #859
MrJT

What about the water parks? Do you have to pay to park there too?
Old 05-08-2008, 02:18 PM   #860
Them!
What Yeti?

Our retired E8 rate goes up to $117 after Oct. 1. Still not too bad but still kinda bummed about the parking deal.
Old 05-08-2008, 02:19 PM   #861
MrJT

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_sailor's_wife View Post
So I could easily get a value for a lot less.
But what does a value cost after taxes & all? The other thing that concerns me is room size. With an 11 year old boy & a 17 year old girl (who are close in size), it might be cramped with only two full-sized beds.
Old 05-08-2008, 02:23 PM   #862
ntsammy5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
What about the water parks? Do you have to pay to park there too?
No charge for DTD or Water Parks parking. $11 for the theme parks.
Old 05-08-2008, 02:28 PM   #863
MrJT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntsammy5 View Post
No charge for DTD or Water Parks parking. $11 for the theme parks.
I knew that DTD was free (that is why so many people would park there, and then take a bus to a theme park!), but I am glad to hear that the water parks are also free. That will help with my touring plans.
Thanks!=
Old 05-08-2008, 02:45 PM   #864
Minnie Lor
I feel that same comaraderie

I didn't know that SOG has to pay to park. Phooey! We walk over to the Poly and take the monorail to MK. We use the SOG bus to TTC to ride monorail to Epcot. I like to drive to HS and AK. The only good thing is I have an AP this year (my only year) and I think we can park for free. I'll have to check that out.

Quote:
I knew that DTD was free (that is why so many people would park there, and then take a bus to a theme park!
People were doing that (which isn't right) so Disney changed the buses at DTD. The buses only go to a resort. So if you're at AK and want to go to DTD, you have to ride bus to resort and transfer to DTD. And if you're at DTD and want to go to Epcot, you take bus to resort and transfer to Epcot bus. Adds extra time and hassle but cuts down on people abusing parking.

Oct '99: CSR via SOG ~ May '02: CR via SOG ~ Nov '04: SOG ~ May '06: SOG ~ Dec '07: Pop for MouseFest ~ May '08: Pop w/friends ~
Oct '08: SOG ~ Dec '09: Pop for DIS-A-Palooza ~ Sep '10: Solo @ Pop ~ May '11: AKV for 15th Anniversary ~ Mar '13: Tokyo Disney
Old 05-08-2008, 03:39 PM   #865
a_sailor's_wife
DIS Veteran

Quote:
But what does a value cost after taxes & all? The other thing that concerns me is room size. With an 11 year old boy & a 17 year old girl (who are close in size), it might be cramped with only two full-sized beds.
We have always gone in September/October except for once and we went in April. The cost of the room this September is right around $92 a night. Our total for 6 nights/7 days with the free dining and 6 day PH ticket for 2 adults 1 child is right a little more than $1000.

If we stayed at SOG we'd have to pay $133 per night ($5 parking at resort, $11 parking at parks, and the $117 per night for hotel. Then tack on food and cost of a rental car.

It really adds up because the hotel can affect all other things.
Old 05-08-2008, 04:10 PM   #866
megveg
Drink up me hearties, yo ho!

does anyone know if SOG has a toaster/toaster oven/microwave for guest use? I know some hotels have a little area near the lobby with a coffee maker, and a toaster and stuff, but does SOG?

16 days!

"Some days you eat the bear,
some days the bear eats you,
but always dress for the hunt!"
KUNGALOOSH!

Past Trips: 5/96' Offsite with Family
11/05' With my highschool Choir -ASMu
5/08' Graduation Trip - Shades of Green
5/09' Memorial Week Trip - Poly
Nov 2014: Homestead for NASCAR + a lil Disney/UO
Old 05-08-2008, 05:02 PM   #867
Sleepy
I'll have to remember that one
Maybe I should start watching the news

Quote:
Originally Posted by hildarumpole View Post

Here we go again on the EMH. Disney keeps going back and forth on that privilege. Glad it's still available, but I won't get my hopes up for next year.

I seem to remember the issue being that Disney charges SOG for that privilege. I don't remember the figure thrown out there for the yearly cost, but I do remember taking that figure and dividing it by the number of rooms over 365 days, it would only have increased the overall cost of each room by a few dollars.......an amount many of us would be willing to pay.

In the past, I thought the argument was that SOG said they did not have enough people participating in EMH to make the overall cost worthwhile and that is why they removed the privilege. At least that is how I remember it, because it was 2006 and we were in the planning stages of our vacation that year. I was already making plans to switch reservations to a Disney hotel.
Old 05-08-2008, 05:03 PM   #868
Sleepy
I'll have to remember that one
Maybe I should start watching the news

Quote:
Originally Posted by megveg View Post
does anyone know if SOG has a toaster/toaster oven/microwave for guest use? I know some hotels have a little area near the lobby with a coffee maker, and a toaster and stuff, but does SOG?

16 days!
Last I saw mentioned on this board, there is a microwave in the laundry room????
Old 05-08-2008, 06:41 PM   #869
bdcp
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepy View Post
Last I saw mentioned on this board, there is a microwave in the laundry room????
That's what I've seen posted several times.
Shades of Green Nov 08

Shades of Green Oct 11
Shades of Green Nov 13
Old 05-08-2008, 08:25 PM   #870
Maine-iac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepy View Post
That is correct.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: