Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2008, 02:08 PM   #796
bdcp
DIS Veteran

We got the pizza one day while we sat out by the pool. I had to be some of the worst pizza I've ever had. No flavor, carboard crust, yuck! Evergreen's for the most part is good and is a great place to get a drink in the evening before bed. The ice cream on site is very good.
Shades of Green Nov 08

Shades of Green Oct 11
Shades of Green Nov 13
Old 04-25-2008, 03:07 PM   #797
Family Fun Mom
No longer tagless... my wit has been confirmed!
NOTHING FROM THE SEA!

We have a POR free dining trip booked for late August but we will probably stay one night at SOG prior to our POR package so we can wake up on our package start date already at WDW. I think we will pay the extra 10 bucks for a poolside room so dh can sleep (after that long drive) while the kids and I can just relax and swim all day.

Do both pools have poolside rooms at SOG? If I want the "Mickey" pool do I need to make a specific request?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-25-2008, 05:13 PM   #798
suevee
I am in a frenzy!
A year later was in the same fix

Yes, both pools have poolside rooms. The Mickey pool side are more likely to have bathrooms with the separate double sinks. The Magnolia pool side are more to have the one sink, one room bathrooms. We prefer the Magnolia because you can see the high fireworks from MK and our kids prefer the rectangular pool.

treehouses '86, SoG 2000, Sog 2002, CR 2003, CR and Poly 2004, Sog 2005, 2006, 2007, March 2008, June 2008, Sog for Feb/Mar 2009, and Oct 2009 thanks to military Salute!!....Following Husband's wishes ...trip in March 2012 with grandson...Family trip in June 2012...
Old 04-26-2008, 09:29 PM   #799
terri1001
Earning My Ears

Hyatt Airport

We have an early departure flight 8:45am and want to try to stay at the Hyatt in the Airport. Does anyone know of any discounts (military,DAV ect.) The cheapest I could find on-line is 179 a night and am not sure if I am willing to pay that yet. Any advise about early morning transportation from SOG would be great. (traveling with a 5 year old)
Old 04-26-2008, 11:22 PM   #800
JB2K
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by terri1001 View Post
We have an early departure flight 8:45am and want to try to stay at the Hyatt in the Airport. Does anyone know of any discounts (military,DAV ect.) The cheapest I could find on-line is 179 a night and am not sure if I am willing to pay that yet. Any advise about early morning transportation from SOG would be great. (traveling with a 5 year old)
As Hyatt is a major international lodging chain that does business with both the U.S. military and government, I am certain they offer some sort of discount -- best to call Hyatt reservations, or the airport hotel.
Old 04-27-2008, 10:14 AM   #801
abolanwoski
Not mean, just says what others are thinking!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Family Fun Mom View Post
We have a POR free dining trip booked for late August but we will probably stay one night at SOG prior to our POR package so we can wake up on our package start date already at WDW. I think we will pay the extra 10 bucks for a poolside room so dh can sleep (after that long drive) while the kids and I can just relax and swim all day.

Do both pools have poolside rooms at SOG? If I want the "Mickey" pool do I need to make a specific request?
If he wants to sleep, you might want to avoid the poolside rooms! They are by far the loudest ones, we often had problems at unitl 11 at night, with kids screaming, adults conversing loudly, then it usually quieted down. The noise between rooms isn't bad, but through the sliding glass door - OY! If you stay anywhere in the old section, you'll be fairly close to the pool (for your convenience) but won't have to hear the noise. All the views are good.
1999 - Beach Club & Disney Magic
2000, 07, 08 - Disneyland
2003 - Grand Floridian for Halloween
2008 - Disney Magic
2010 - BLT
2011 - Gaylord Palms

DH Me DD6 DD9
Old 04-27-2008, 11:07 AM   #802
ElmerTinaRh
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by terri1001 View Post
We used Sun Ray last year and had a 7am flight out. He was in the lobby at 5 to pick us up. Couldn't ask for better service.

2008 SOG 2007 SOG 2000 Dixie Landings 1997 Poly
Old 04-27-2008, 11:01 PM   #803
Family Fun Mom
No longer tagless... my wit has been confirmed!
NOTHING FROM THE SEA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by abolanwoski View Post
If he wants to sleep, you might want to avoid the poolside rooms! They are by far the loudest ones, we often had problems at unitl 11 at night, with kids screaming, adults conversing loudly, then it usually quieted down. The noise between rooms isn't bad, but through the sliding glass door - OY! If you stay anywhere in the old section, you'll be fairly close to the pool (for your convenience) but won't have to hear the noise. All the views are good.
My husband can sleep through a hurricane. I'm not worried about noise
Old 04-30-2008, 10:15 AM   #804
Maine-iac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2jcc View Post
So I have to ask:

Anybody had the Banana Foster Cheesecake at Evergreens yet? It sounds yummy.

Does anyone have any other favorites from the SOG restaurants that they would like to share with everyone?

The only input I have so far is the coffee from the Starbucks stand. I read mixed reviews about how it was before our trip. We loved the coffee...tasted great and was so thankful to get gourmet coffee before we hit the parks
Several in my group had the turkey club from Evergreens and all said it was good. I actually had the club twice and I like the tortilla chips that come with it.

Old 04-30-2008, 10:43 AM   #805
allboyz
Mouseketeer

Howdy!
My family and I will be staying at Shades of Green on November 7th and 8th. We are trying to squeeze in a quick trip to Disney before our Disney Cruise starts on the 9th. Anyway, I'm so excited! We LOVED our last visit at Shades of Green (an entire week). I look forward to reading all of the tips as we prepare for our upcoming trip.

* Quick question...do they still offer early magic hours for SOG guests? Just prior to our last trip they stopped it but then reinstated it days before we arrived.
Old 04-30-2008, 10:57 AM   #806
allboyz
Mouseketeer

Oh and also, what is the maximum occupancy in a standard room there? We are a family of 5 and we stayed there with no problem last time. However, we recently added my mom to our cruise so she will arrive the day before we check out. Do they allow 6 people (even if we had a rollaway bed?)? I remember the room being a pretty good size. I don't think we would mind being a little snug for one night. LOL Thanks.
Old 04-30-2008, 11:08 AM   #807
hildarumpole
DIS Veteran

Yes, SOG guests can enjoy EMH.

The maximum occupancy for a standard room is 5 guests. You would have to get a suite or an additional room. If you plan on booking a suite, do so ASAP, because they are limited and book up quickly.
Old 04-30-2008, 11:13 AM   #808
Maine-iac
DIS Veteran

Here are the views from our room #134 from our trip April 17-25. Pool side on Mill Pond Pool area. Taken from right to left.

Turkeys visiting our patio. They ate the cheezits that got spilled.

Old 04-30-2008, 12:04 PM   #809
Maine-iac
DIS Veteran

We were at SOG April 17-25. I do not believe that the resort was ever totally full while we were there.
We got the pool side connecting rooms as requested.
The resort was quiet, even the noise from the pool at night was not bad.
The only noise we heard was from the room above. We think it was the sliding glass doors being opened and closed. Sounded like thunder rumbling.
This was the first time that housekeeping times were all over the place. We could not seem to fix our time right to not be in the room when housekeeping came so we did not have our room cleaned everyday.
We only had one problem with the buses. We got down to the bus stop before 7:30am to catch the bus for 8am EMH at HS. 7:45 came and no bus driver. (there were at least 4 buses sitting there running with no drivers). People started going in and asking. Finally an SOG employee came out and said that no bus drivers could be found so we should walk over to Poly and catch the bus there. People with ADRs ran over to Poly and got taxis. We walked over briskly and waited about 5 minutes for a bus. All those who ran over ahead of us were waiting when we got there. One family told us this was the 3rd time during their many visits that this has happened to them. They were not happy at all. Once on the bus our friend texts us and says that RNR is down, so they are heading to TOT. We finally get to HS at 8:30am and with RNR down, the line is long at TOT. We got FPs for RNR and waited for our friends to get off TOT. I went up to ask CM Kathy at the line entrance how long was the wait. She asked how our day was so far and I told her our story. She felt bad for us so she gave the 5 of us who wanted to ride a front of the line pass and we walked right in. Awesome. I thanked her on my way out and told her she made our day better. We walked right over to RNR and it was going so we hopped in line and waited about 30 minutes. You should have seen the line for people getting FPs when we got off.

We only drove to a park 2 times. One to BB so we could leave anytime and on our departure day we drove to MK for last minute shopping and to buy our photo pass cd.

We had the buffet breakfast 2 times during our trip. A good way to fill up for the day.

Any questions?

Old 04-30-2008, 12:11 PM   #810
Msslaydbug
Can't wait to get back !!
I have got to learn to stop drinking water
I am such a bad cook I burn water

Darn it - I am sorry to hear about the transportation issues ! I would have been upset ! Hopefully we won't have any problems when we are there !

Disneyland 4/00 * 10/06 * 3/09 * 3/12 X's 2 * 05/12 **coming soon Paradise Pier 09/12**
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: