Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2008, 01:20 PM   #781
Mrsjvb
DIS Veteran

single.
Old 04-24-2008, 02:25 PM   #782
kiteri
is eternally grateful for the Dis!!!!

Thank you so much!!! I was trying to tell from the pictures, but couldn't really see the sofa!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-24-2008, 03:02 PM   #783
Mrsjvb
DIS Veteran

technically it's an extra wide twin.. a pair of toddlers that liked each other for more than ten seconds running could sleep fairly comfortably.
Old 04-24-2008, 04:20 PM   #784
bigAWL
DIS Veteran

I seem to remember reading that the fold-out sofas were different depending on whether you were in the old or new section. One was bigger than the other, but I don't remember which. Am I imagining this? Anyone?

Bueller?

1979 .......... Golf Resort
1984 .......... Hotel Royal Plaza
1989 .......... Offsite?
2007 Jun .................................................. .................................................. ................. Newport Bay Club
2008 May-Jun .. Shades of Green ................. Wonder 4-night Bahamas Double-dip
2009 Jul ...... Shades of Green ................. Magic 7-night E. Caribbean Tortola
2010 Jun ........................................ Magic 12-night Northern Europe
2010 Dec ...... Saratoga Springs Resort ......... Magic 11-night S. Caribbean Holiday
2011 Jul ........................................ Wonder 7-night Alaska .................... Villas at Grand Californian
2011 Oct ...... Polynesian - AKV Kidani
2012 Jun ...... Bay Lake Tower .................. Fantasy 7-night W. Caribbean
2013 Mar ...... Beach Club Villas - BLT ......... Dream 4/3-night Bahamas Back-to-Back
2014 Jun ........................................ Magic 12-night Med. Barcelona-Venice

Future Plans:

2015 Jan ...... Saratoga Springs Resort ......... Fantasy 7-night E. Caribbean San Juan
2015 Jun-Jul .................................... Magic 11-night Norwegian Fjords & Iceland
Old 04-24-2008, 04:35 PM   #785
Mrsjvb
DIS Veteran

we have only been in the old section.. does that help?
Old 04-24-2008, 05:15 PM   #786
Them!
What Yeti?

Glad to hear that about Bell Services keeping the bags. Soooo, 7 day ticket it is

Thanks everybody!
Old 04-24-2008, 06:01 PM   #787
4nana
God Bless America, Land of the Free, Because of the Brave. Godspeed and thanks to our troops and their families for their sacrifices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigAWL View Post
I got this photo from the SOG website. In the new section it appears that there are a handful of balconies that don't have the green iron railings. Instead they are obstructed by the large stone facade structures (see the center of the photo). You must have been in one of those rooms - they all seem to be on the third floor. Perhaps some of the balconies below are obstructed, too. But not to the extent that those third-floor rooms are.
THX bigAWL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2jcc View Post
So do most of you that fly to WDW use Mears for transportation to and from the airport? Are there any other options besides taxis? Just curious.
We're using 'Florida Tours', a sponsor of Dis boards. Being a sponsor I have high hopes they are reliable.

Quote:
Requesting connecting rooms has been discussed here a while back, I think (maybe on another SOG thread). Some said they had difficulty getting their request fulfilled. I wonder if anyone has any idea how many pairs of connecting rooms there are at SOG. Are they in the new section, old section or both? If you have stayed there, do you remember having a connecting door to the room nextdoor, whether or not you used it?
Good question ! We made 6 room ressies right after T/G '07 for pref. connecting. I've called to touch base a few times and altho tho it's noted on our ressies, however no one has been able to tell me which rooms -other than 1st floor near the pool. With 9 grands going, we are really counting on most being connected. CSR said SoG policy is not to assigned room #'s until appx 2-4 wks out, so we'll keep our fingers crossed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowillian View Post
Still craving that Alpine chicken wrap from Evergreen's!
Oh my, thx for that yummy image, I may need a napkin for the drool!!

So exciting, it really feels good to finally be under 7 mos out now and able to make ADR's soon!!
Blessed with 4 loving kiddos & IL's, 13 sweet grands, 50 Golden Years & Anniv. cruise gift....PRICELESS!!

There are two lasting bequests we can give our children & grandchildren: 'One is roots, the other is wings'.
~~~~~
Life is a journey ~ love makes the trip worthwhile

Grandchildren are God's reward for being a parent

"For He shall give the angels charge over thee, to keep thee safe in all thy ways" Psalms 91:11

For my dear Mom in heaven

Last edited by 4nana; 04-24-2008 at 06:18 PM.
Old 04-24-2008, 06:53 PM   #788
mom2jcc
Castle Suite Memories Forever!

So I have to ask:

Anybody had the Banana Foster Cheesecake at Evergreens yet? It sounds yummy.

Does anyone have any other favorites from the SOG restaurants that they would like to share with everyone?

The only input I have so far is the coffee from the Starbucks stand. I read mixed reviews about how it was before our trip. We loved the coffee...tasted great and was so thankful to get gourmet coffee before we hit the parks
Old 04-24-2008, 07:33 PM   #789
abarnold
Mouseketeer

yes dh and I split the cheesecake and it was heavenly- we also split their chocolate cake and that was to die for as well. HTH

Old 04-24-2008, 07:37 PM   #790
abarnold
Mouseketeer

The only restaurant we ate at SOG was Evergreens- we really liked it- and their foot of onion rings were good- but we had 8 people eating them and it didn't go very far. I will say that everything we had there was actually pretty good- the only thing I didn't care for was the pizza- I think it would have been good but they put so much cheese on it I was seriously choking on cheese. We did go to the ice cream shop there by the ticket sales and it was REALLY good and the prices were great as well especially for the fact that they make the ice cream there at SOG. enjoy your trip!!!

Last edited by abarnold; 04-26-2008 at 12:22 AM.
Old 04-24-2008, 08:12 PM   #791
ntsammy5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by abarnold View Post
- the only thing I didn't care for was the pizza- I think it would have been good but they put so much cheese on it I was seriously choking on cheese. !!

In 1995 DD gotso sick from that,she missed a day in the parks. Wouldn't eat pizza for a few months after that!
Old 04-25-2008, 08:18 AM   #792
bigAWL
DIS Veteran

So do they take special orders for pizza? I'll ask for extra cheese!

1979 .......... Golf Resort
1984 .......... Hotel Royal Plaza
1989 .......... Offsite?
2007 Jun .................................................. .................................................. ................. Newport Bay Club
2008 May-Jun .. Shades of Green ................. Wonder 4-night Bahamas Double-dip
2009 Jul ...... Shades of Green ................. Magic 7-night E. Caribbean Tortola
2010 Jun ........................................ Magic 12-night Northern Europe
2010 Dec ...... Saratoga Springs Resort ......... Magic 11-night S. Caribbean Holiday
2011 Jul ........................................ Wonder 7-night Alaska .................... Villas at Grand Californian
2011 Oct ...... Polynesian - AKV Kidani
2012 Jun ...... Bay Lake Tower .................. Fantasy 7-night W. Caribbean
2013 Mar ...... Beach Club Villas - BLT ......... Dream 4/3-night Bahamas Back-to-Back
2014 Jun ........................................ Magic 12-night Med. Barcelona-Venice

Future Plans:

2015 Jan ...... Saratoga Springs Resort ......... Fantasy 7-night E. Caribbean San Juan
2015 Jun-Jul .................................... Magic 11-night Norwegian Fjords & Iceland
Old 04-25-2008, 08:56 AM   #793
iheartdisney
DIS Veteran

The chicken quesadillas are AWESOME! I had them 2 nights in a row! And the chocolate cake is BEYOND WORDS!

And on the sofa issue...We had two rooms in the older section, and had two different types of sofa.
One room was a loveseat that folded out like you think of a fold out...

the other room is harder to describe. It was a full sized sofa, you pulled a tab on the bottom, and the cushion kind of folded UP INTO THE BACK is the only way i can think to describe how it folded out. And it was super comfy!

If I ever get the pictures off of my dead computer, I'll put them up!
Old 04-25-2008, 09:03 AM   #794
KatRob
Mouseketeer

Quote:
So do they take special orders for pizza? I'll ask for extra cheese!
Yep, just tell them what you want. We love the pizza and never seemed to have massive cheese. It was always just right...could be the other toppings we ordered.
Old 04-25-2008, 01:08 PM   #795
hildarumpole
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by abarnold View Post
The only restaurant we ate at SOG was Evergreens- we really likes it- but their foot of onion rings were good- but we had 8 people eating them and it didn't go very far. I will say that everything we had there was actually pretty good- the only thing I didn't care for was the pizza- I think it would have been good but they put so much cheese on it I was seriously choking on cheese. We did go to the ice cream shop there by the ticket sales and it was REALLY good and the prices were great as well especially for the fact that they make the ice cream there at SOG. enjoy your trip!!!
We must have had the same cook. The cheese was nearly an inch thick on our pizza. I love cheese, but this was ridiculous. The onion rings are good with the yummy dipping sauces. I probably could have gobbled up the whole foot myself, but my family wanted some too.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: