Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 04:28 PM   #736
iheartdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixiedustspreader View Post
Once the tickets are in our hands then it's not necessary for the sponsor to accompany us to each park. Correct? In other words, I won't have to produce an ID everytime I hit the parks.

Also, this may sound idiotic, but this paper ticket I am not familiar with - in the past they have always been on our "credit card like" room key. Do they work the same way? 1 ticket with all your options and days on that one ticket? Would you compare it to a fast pass ticket as far as consistency?
Thry are a very sturdt paper. There is a special name for the type of material they are made of, but I'm too lazy to search it for you, sorry1
But my nephew kept his in his wallet when we went on Kali River, and it was still readable by the machines (fast pass and gate) when it was wet!
Old 04-17-2008, 05:48 PM   #737
gibsontrio
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibsontrio View Post
Anyone ever buy their tickets from the west point NY MWR?? How is it that it might be cheaper than buying them at shades?? Does it vary by state or rank or something? I'm gonna need 5 - 4 day park hopper tickets, It says on west points MWR website they sell them but I dont see any pricing?!
also, if you order them through the MWR do you get them right there or do you have to order them. I leave in 18 days and I think i'm starting to panic!

ME! , Hubby , Cameron , Willow , Roselynn
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-17-2008, 05:50 PM   #738
Mrsjvb
DIS Veteran

they are not good for charging stuff in the parks to your room however.

Mine lost it's mojo our second to last day and I needed a new one re issued for the remainder of the time on it. while they CAN tell how much is left on a SoG ticket, the CM that fixed mine( my DH's had no issues) did say they they are not printed on the same type of paper as theirs are and they frequently get deressed. in fact the first thing out of his mouth was: SoG? have you had it near any magnetic strips? ( I had not).

That being said, definitely not flimsy paper by any stretch. think business card thickness or cardstock.
Old 04-17-2008, 06:05 PM   #739
traviesojmt
DIS Veteran

Location: Wherever the USAF sends us, which is currently Colorado

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibsontrio View Post
also, if you order them through the MWR do you get them right there or do you have to order them. I leave in 18 days and I think i'm starting to panic!
We got our tickets within a week. They told us to allow 14 days. The stars and stripes tickets at SOG were cheaper, but they just didn't work for us. We will be in Disney for 13 days and the Stars and Stripes would expire too soon for us. You should go to SOG website and check out the ticket options. IF the Stars and Stripes tickets fit your schedule, I would wait and buy them at SOG.
1996 - Day Trip**2000 - All-Star Sports**2001 - POFQ**2005 - Shades of Green/Animal Kingdom Lodge - 12 DAYS YEAH** Aug 2006 - POFQ - 10 Days** Feb 2007 - Pop Century - 10 days**June 18-21, 2007 - Beach Club Resort - 1st trip without the kids.**June 20-July 2, 2008 - SOG**May 26-June 6, 2009 - Beach Club/Contemporary**May 30-June 4, 2010 - POFQ **May 28-June 8, 2011 Coronado Springs**May 29-June 8, 2013 - Beach Club/Animal Kingdom Villas
Old 04-18-2008, 05:57 AM   #740
suevee
I am in a frenzy!
A year later was in the same fix

FYI

With SoG MYW purchases you can only upgrade 7 days from purchase.

In March my sister purchased a 3 day MYW pass. She only used it 1 day. We took it back to upgrade to the non expiring ticket to save the last two days. At that time I was told I could upgrade it because it was within the seven day window.

Later I bought threee 10 MYW with fun option for use this summer (I like to prepay as much as possible) At that time I was told even though they were not being used until June, if I wanted to upgrade them to non expiring I would have to do so within 7 days of PURCHASE, not within 7 days of activation. Since we will be there 12 days, I did not do the non-expiring option.

I do not know if this is the same for tickets purchased at the MWR or anywhere else.

treehouses '86, SoG 2000, Sog 2002, CR 2003, CR and Poly 2004, Sog 2005, 2006, 2007, March 2008, June 2008, Sog for Feb/Mar 2009, and Oct 2009 thanks to military Salute!!....Following Husband's wishes ...trip in March 2012 with grandson...Family trip in June 2012...
Old 04-18-2008, 06:19 AM   #741
Soldierswifey
Earning My Ears

Question

Anyone know how much Seaworld tickets would cost at the travel office on my Army Post? Im at Hunter in Savannah GA , are all the tickets the same prices at military installations. Is it cheaper to buy the tickets at the ITT office or at SOG?

I know Amheuser Busch is still doing the Seaworld tickets free for active duty and 3 dependants, but my mom and brother will be vacationing with us , so I wanted to know how much Seaworld tickets would be for the as well.

Thanks
Old 04-18-2008, 07:55 AM   #742
MrJT
Content to be a Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldierswifey View Post
I know Amheuser Busch is still doing the Seaworld tickets free for active duty and 3 dependants
Do you know when that deal runs until? I was able to take advantage of it in 2003, and I might consider doing it again, if it's still happening in August.
Old 04-18-2008, 08:05 AM   #743
ntsammy5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJT View Post
I might consider doing it again, if it's still happening in August.
My understanding is that Busch parks are doing it through the end of 2008.
Old 04-18-2008, 08:25 AM   #744
iheartdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Do you know when that deal runs until? I was able to take advantage of it in 2003, and I might consider doing it again, if it's still happening in August.
Its been pretty consistent the last few years, that it runs the entire calendar year.
Old 04-18-2008, 10:23 AM   #745
Mrsjvb
DIS Veteran

A/B renews it pretty faithfully every year. as for additional prices, I THINK, but don't quote me, you can get additional tickets much less expensively(off reg retail) at the gate. the one in Williamsburg has a separate entrance JUST for this program and I do remember many people buying additional tickets.

In fact,. it's just about time to go back to Williamsburg for us....it's conveniently just a couple of hours away and en route to DH's SIL, who is nice enough to be my rum runner( I can't have wine shipped to me in MD, so she gets all my packages from Monterey for me and holds them. and she's only broken into a box once ! heheheh)
Old 04-18-2008, 12:31 PM   #746
Soldierswifey
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Yup they are correct the program usually runs right up until Dec of the end of the year.
I no at Seaworld Orlando they also have the separate line for military.
I just hope that maybe we can get discounted tickets at Seaworld.
Old 04-18-2008, 01:06 PM   #747
hildarumpole
DIS Veteran

We bought the extra ticket we needed from SeaWorld online. It was the best deal we found. To get the special price, the ticket had to be purchased at least 7 days in advance. It worked out great.
Old 04-18-2008, 01:13 PM   #748
KatRob
Mouseketeer

If you go to the SeaWorld website it has the info you need. Home page or ticket page, bottom of page on the left it says Special Visitors, go down and click on Military. There's a registration page that you can print out and take with you to the park or wait and get one from guest services at SW.

Any other details just call 1-800-327-2424.
Old 04-18-2008, 07:13 PM   #749
bdcp
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatRob View Post
If you go to the SeaWorld website it has the info you need. Home page or ticket page, bottom of page on the left it says Special Visitors, go down and click on Military. There's a registration page that you can print out and take with you to the park or wait and get one from guest services at SW.

Any other details just call 1-800-327-2424.
Yep and you have to bring that with you to get the free admission. We went to Seaworld San Diego this past Oct for free. It was very easy, they take the form and ID and issue you the tickets. There was a separate booth for it.
Shades of Green Nov 08

Shades of Green Oct 11
Shades of Green Nov 13
Old 04-19-2008, 07:42 AM   #750
Soldierswifey
Earning My Ears

Just in case, the person doesnt actually need the paper , they do offer it on the site, the main thing you are going to need is your military id's. You can do the registration right over the site. This is at the Seaworld Orland though, so maybe the rules differ. We have went 2x and the 1st time we had the paper but left it in the car by accident, 2nd time our printer was broke and we didnt have it. They never asked though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdcp View Post
Yep and you have to bring that with you to get the free admission. We went to Seaworld San Diego this past Oct for free. It was very easy, they take the form and ID and issue you the tickets. There was a separate booth for it.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: