Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 10:33 AM   #721
hildarumpole
DIS Veteran

I don't believe there is any policy against taking food in to the parks. Lots of people carry in coolers. You're just not allowed to drag a rolling cooler through the park all day, but must store it in a locker. We carried small snacks and bottled water in our fanny packs.
Old 04-17-2008, 11:14 AM   #722
JB2K
DIS Veteran

You can most definitely take your sack lunches from SoG's Express Cafe into the parks -- SoG makes/markets their sack lunches specifically for that purpose.

If a CM were to give you any static (which I highly doubt, but not everyone is trained the same way, these days), just show them your SoG resort ID.

As for anything else, I'm sure it all depends on who you're dealing with -- when I was at WDW, recently, I had a collapsable, soft-sided cooler with a few bottles of water/cans of Diet Pepsi (a drink you will not be able to buy on WDW, no matter what).

It was inspected by Disney Security, and they said nothing...
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-17-2008, 11:18 AM   #723
KatRob
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hildarumpole View Post
I don't believe there is any policy against taking food in to the parks. Lots of people carry in coolers. You're just not allowed to drag a rolling cooler through the park all day, but must store it in a locker. We carried small snacks and bottled water in our fanny packs.
Years ago outside food and drinks were not allowed. Over the course of time, that changed. Mom's started carrying juice boxes and snacks for the little ones and it as progressed from there. I remember leaving the park completely (getting in the car and leaving) to have a meal.
Old 04-17-2008, 02:48 PM   #724
Pixiedustspreader
Mouseketeer

Ticket questions...

I have a few ticket questions that perhaps someone can answer.
I see on the SOG site this quoted -
"Original Shades of Green tickets can only be upgraded. Any tickets reprinted at the WDW parks can not be upgraded."
What does that mean? Tickets reprinted? If we lose them??

Do you get a voucher of some sort that needs to be turned in at the entrances of the park? Or do we go right to the turnstiles with our tickets in hand. Is it like the "key to the world" cc type that we receive at the other resorts?

Finally, our flight arrives rather late in the evening and the ticket office at SOG appears to close at 9pm. We may be pushing it getting there by then, so an option I am researching is having Dad get our tickets from the local MWR office so we can have the option of hitting a park the evening we arrive.
Anyone ever purchased these in advance? If so are they vouchers of some sort that have to be exchanged at the gate?

Thanks in advance for your responses.

-Bob
Old 04-17-2008, 03:08 PM   #725
MrJT
Content to be a Mouseketeer

Bob, where did you find out the hours to purchase tickets?
Is it on the SOG site somewhere? I will be arriving on a Sunday, in the early afternoon, and I will want to puchase my tickets as soon as I get there, so we can hit a park (Typhoon Lagoon immediately, and then possibly MK after dinner)
Old 04-17-2008, 03:11 PM   #726
iheartdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixiedustspreader View Post
I have a few ticket questions that perhaps someone can answer.
I see on the SOG site this quoted -
"Original Shades of Green tickets can only be upgraded. Any tickets reprinted at the WDW parks can not be upgraded."
What does that mean? Tickets reprinted? If we lose them??

Do you get a voucher of some sort that needs to be turned in at the entrances of the park? Or do we go right to the turnstiles with our tickets in hand. Is it like the "key to the world" cc type that we receive at the other resorts?

Finally, our flight arrives rather late in the evening and the ticket office at SOG appears to close at 9pm. We may be pushing it getting there by then, so an option I am researching is having Dad get our tickets from the local MWR office so we can have the option of hitting a park the evening we arrive.
Anyone ever purchased these in advance? If so are they vouchers of some sort that have to be exchanged at the gate?

Thanks in advance for your responses.

-Bob
Can't answer question #1, but I would love an answer to it...I'm planning on upgrading my MYW tix purchased from SOG for an AP.

#2- Tickets SOG are an actual ticket, not a voucher. It is the paper ticket like you get from the turnstiles. So you can purchase them from SOG and bypass the ticket booths at the park.

#3- I don't know about WDW tickets, but when i purchased DL tix from my MWR office, they also were paper tickets, not vouchers.
Old 04-17-2008, 03:15 PM   #727
Pixiedustspreader
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJT View Post
Bob, where did you find out the hours to purchase tickets?
Is it on the SOG site somewhere? I will be arriving on a Sunday, in the early afternoon, and I will want to puchase my tickets as soon as I get there, so we can hit a park (Typhoon Lagoon immediately, and then possibly MK after dinner)

JT - I saw it on the first post of this thread.
Old 04-17-2008, 03:25 PM   #728
MrJT

Quote:
JT - I saw it on the first post of this thread.
Dare I say...Duh!...But also, thanks. They don't list days, so hopefully it's 7 days a week.
Old 04-17-2008, 03:27 PM   #729
KatRob
Mouseketeer

Yes, it is seven days a week.
Old 04-17-2008, 03:28 PM   #730
MrJT

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatRob View Post
Yes, it is seven days a week.
Sweet! Thanks!
Old 04-17-2008, 03:32 PM   #731
traviesojmt
DIS Veteran

Location: Wherever the USAF sends us, which is currently Colorado

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartdisney View Post
Can't answer question #1, but I would love an answer to it...I'm planning on upgrading my MYW tix purchased from SOG for an AP.

#2- Tickets SOG are an actual ticket, not a voucher. It is the paper ticket like you get from the turnstiles. So you can purchase them from SOG and bypass the ticket booths at the park.

#3- I don't know about WDW tickets, but when i purchased DL tix from my MWR office, they also were paper tickets, not vouchers.

#3 - We just bought our 10 park hopper with 10 fun and more options from our local ITT office. They are regular paper WDW park tickets. I posted early, but I do recommend checking with your ITT office. We got our tickets $40 cheaper at ITT than we would have at SOG. SOG does have the Stars and Stripes tickets that are cheaper, but that didn't work for us. It did take about a week for our ITT tickets to come in because they do have to be ordered.
1996 - Day Trip**2000 - All-Star Sports**2001 - POFQ**2005 - Shades of Green/Animal Kingdom Lodge - 12 DAYS YEAH** Aug 2006 - POFQ - 10 Days** Feb 2007 - Pop Century - 10 days**June 18-21, 2007 - Beach Club Resort - 1st trip without the kids.**June 20-July 2, 2008 - SOG**May 26-June 6, 2009 - Beach Club/Contemporary**May 30-June 4, 2010 - POFQ **May 28-June 8, 2011 Coronado Springs**May 29-June 8, 2013 - Beach Club/Animal Kingdom Villas
Old 04-17-2008, 04:34 PM   #732
Pixiedustspreader
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by traviesojmt View Post
#3 - We just bought our 10 park hopper with 10 fun and more options from our local ITT office. They are regular paper WDW park tickets. I posted early, but I do recommend checking with your ITT office. We got our tickets $40 cheaper at ITT than we would have at SOG. SOG does have the Stars and Stripes tickets that are cheaper, but that didn't work for us. It did take about a week for our ITT tickets to come in because they do have to be ordered.
Once the tickets are in our hands then it's not necessary for the sponsor to accompany us to each park. Correct? In other words, I won't have to produce an ID everytime I hit the parks.

Also, this may sound idiotic, but this paper ticket I am not familiar with - in the past they have always been on our "credit card like" room key. Do they work the same way? 1 ticket with all your options and days on that one ticket? Would you compare it to a fast pass ticket as far as consistency?
Old 04-17-2008, 04:54 PM   #733
Pixiedustspreader
Mouseketeer

Octoberfest at SOG

Anyone have any info on this? Anyone been? Looks like it will be going on when we are there.

-Bob
Old 04-17-2008, 05:01 PM   #734
KatRob
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Once the tickets are in our hands then it's not necessary for the sponsor to accompany us to each park. Correct? In other words, I won't have to produce an ID everytime I hit the parks.

Also, this may sound idiotic, but this paper ticket I am not familiar with - in the past they have always been on our "credit card like" room key. Do they work the same way? 1 ticket with all your options and days on that one ticket? Would you compare it to a fast pass ticket as far as consistency?
The paper ticket is thicker than a fast pass by far. I have never even got a crease in one. Maybe half as thick as a room key. They have to be sturdy to stand up to daily use (plus fast pass use).

And no, once you have the tickets in your hands you no longer have to be tied to a sponsor.
Old 04-17-2008, 05:24 PM   #735
gibsontrio
DIS Veteran

Anyone ever buy their tickets from the west point NY MWR?? How is it that it might be cheaper than buying them at shades?? Does it vary by state or rank or something? I'm gonna need 5 - 4 day park hopper tickets, It says on west points MWR website they sell them but I dont see any pricing?!

ME! , Hubby , Cameron , Willow , Roselynn
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: