Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2008, 12:07 PM   #691
Disneyfriend
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hildarumpole View Post
The mattresses are fine. Not luxury pillow tops, but not bad either. I didn't wake up with an aching back or crink in my neck, so all was well. The pillows are average hotel pillows. I used two, because I like great big pillows. If you're really picky about your pillows, bring one from home if you can.
I agree with this assessment. The bedding and pillows are solid middle-of-the-road quality, in my opinion. Nothing bad whatsoever, but not as nice as the luxury bedding I once experienced at the Hilton Hawaiian Village.

Disneyland - 15+ times since childhood
WDW - Poly/AKL 2001; SoG 2006; SoG/AKL 2008; Poly/AKV 2010; AKV/BLT 2012
Aulani - Dec 2011 and April 2012

And new DVC owner!

Old 04-14-2008, 12:20 PM   #692
KatRob
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hildarumpole View Post
I used two, because I like great big pillows. If you're really picky about your pillows, bring one from home if you can.
If you do bring your own, be sure to put it in the closet before leaving the room for the day or the pillow may not be there later. My niece's was even in a kids pillowcase and it vanished from one hotel. There should 5 pillows in the room (one in closet for pull-out) but you can always ask for extras.
Register to remove

Old 04-15-2008, 02:13 PM   #693
Briggidge2
Mouseketeer

This morning I finalized our plans and booked our stay at SOG! I freaked out at first b/c the online ressie board said that my days were booked, but it was the orange colored days, not the red, and so I called SOG to talk to someone and had no problems making my ressies through them! I'm so excited! We're doing the split stay at SOG and the Poly! I wish it was August already!
Second trip: APR 3-8 09 BWI!!!
Old 04-15-2008, 03:28 PM   #694
meriann
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatRob View Post
If you do bring your own, be sure to put it in the closet before leaving the room for the day or the pillow may not be there later. My niece's was even in a kids pillowcase and it vanished from one hotel. There should 5 pillows in the room (one in closet for pull-out) but you can always ask for extras.
thats a good tip, I plan on bringing my own pillow and would hate to see it go bye-bye, its too expensive to lose.

Old 04-15-2008, 08:06 PM   #695
Minnie Lor
I feel that same comaraderie

ADR question

I forgot. Can I make all of my ADR's at the 180 day mark of the first ADR or do I have to call each day to get them all in?

TIA

Oct '99: CSR via SOG ~ May '02: CR via SOG ~ Nov '04: SOG ~ May '06: SOG ~ Dec '07: Pop for MouseFest ~ May '08: Pop w/friends ~
Oct '08: SOG ~ Dec '09: Pop for DIS-A-Palooza ~ Sep '10: Solo @ Pop ~ May '11: AKV for 15th Anniversary ~ Mar '13: Tokyo Disney
Old 04-15-2008, 08:07 PM   #696
Minnie Lor
I feel that same comaraderie

Mini marina?

Where is the "mini marina" located on SOG property. I don't think I've ever seen it.

Oct '99: CSR via SOG ~ May '02: CR via SOG ~ Nov '04: SOG ~ May '06: SOG ~ Dec '07: Pop for MouseFest ~ May '08: Pop w/friends ~
Oct '08: SOG ~ Dec '09: Pop for DIS-A-Palooza ~ Sep '10: Solo @ Pop ~ May '11: AKV for 15th Anniversary ~ Mar '13: Tokyo Disney
Old 04-15-2008, 08:52 PM   #697
bdcp
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie Lor View Post
Where is the "mini marina" located on SOG property. I don't think I've ever seen it.
Behind where the lobby area is, one floor below is a courtyard area and the marina is in that area. We've walked by it multiple times and I've never seen anyone using them.
Shades of Green Nov 08

Shades of Green Oct 11
Shades of Green Nov 13

Last edited by bdcp; 04-15-2008 at 08:59 PM.
Old 04-15-2008, 09:18 PM   #698
iheartdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
If you are at the buffet place, one of the big windows overlooks it. Basically, remote control boats. Its a great way to entertain the kids when they finish eating before us. "hey kids, watch the boats!"
Old 04-15-2008, 09:20 PM   #699
Soldierswifey
Earning My Ears

I see alot of people mentioning rooms, but I haven't anyone mention the fact that the 2nd and 3rd rooms have to pay the category 2 rate. Is this the case?

Heres the info from SOG site:
CATEGORY 1: E-1 through E-5 (E-1 thru E-5 Sponsor and dependents
will receive the rate that applies to Category #1. Any additional sponsored
rooms will receive the rate that applies to Category #2)

Also I called today and explained that when we go it will be My husband, me 2 kids and my mom and brother. I explained to her that my son was 3 and she said then 6 of us can stay in the room. 2 on each bed and 2 on the sofabed. I read here on the thread that it was under 3 but the lady said 3 and under. Anyone know about this. I really dont see how they will know because we can all fit , but I still want to know the correct rules
Old 04-15-2008, 09:31 PM   #700
mom2jcc
Castle Suite Memories Forever!

Quote:
I forgot. Can I make all of my ADR's at the 180 day mark of the first ADR or do I have to call each day to get them all in?

TIA
You can make them all. Oh, what an exciting day that is, too.
Old 04-15-2008, 09:42 PM   #701
JB2K
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldierswifey View Post
I see alot of people mentioning rooms, but I haven't anyone mention the fact that the 2nd and 3rd rooms have to pay the category 2 rate. Is this the case?

Also I called today and explained that when we go it will be My husband, me 2 kids and my mom and brother. I explained to her that my son was 3 and she said then 6 of us can stay in the room. 2 on each bed and 2 on the sofabed. I read here on the thread that it was under 3 but the lady said 3 and under. Anyone know about this. I really dont see how they will know because we can all fit , but I still want to know the correct rules
Simply-put, if the additional rooms are meant for non-ID card holders, you will pay the Cat 2 rate for those rooms (as it's assumed you and your immediate family will occupy a single room).
Old 04-15-2008, 10:29 PM   #702
LadyZolt
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2jcc View Post
You can make them all. Oh, what an exciting day that is, too.
When we stayed in December, we were told we could not use the 180+10 and had to call at the 180 day mark for each day we wanted an ADR.
Old 04-15-2008, 11:05 PM   #703
TBDave
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Here's some pics:

Old 04-16-2008, 06:24 AM   #704
bigAWL
DIS Veteran

Looks like the SOG website got a bit of a facelift. The content doesn't appear to be changed much. Just a slightly new look as far as I can tell.

1979 .......... Golf Resort
1984 .......... Hotel Royal Plaza
1989 .......... Offsite?
2007 Jun .................................................. .................................................. ................. Newport Bay Club
2008 May-Jun .. Shades of Green ................. Wonder 4-night Bahamas Double-dip
2009 Jul ...... Shades of Green ................. Magic 7-night E. Caribbean Tortola
2010 Jun ........................................ Magic 12-night Northern Europe
2010 Dec ...... Saratoga Springs Resort ......... Magic 11-night S. Caribbean Holiday
2011 Jul ........................................ Wonder 7-night Alaska .................... Villas at Grand Californian
2011 Oct ...... Polynesian - AKV Kidani
2012 Jun ...... Bay Lake Tower .................. Fantasy 7-night W. Caribbean
2013 Mar ...... Beach Club Villas - BLT ......... Dream 4/3-night Bahamas Back-to-Back
2014 Jun ........................................ Magic 12-night Med. Barcelona-Venice

Future Plans:

2015 Jan ...... Saratoga Springs Resort ......... Fantasy 7-night E. Caribbean San Juan
2015 Jun-Jul .................................... Magic 11-night Norwegian Fjords & Iceland
Old 04-16-2008, 06:31 AM   #705
gibsontrio
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldierswifey View Post

I was faced with the same question . When we go it will be my dh, myself and 2 kids (2 and 5) and 2 grandmoms. Although we can legally fit into one room , dd2 sleeping in a crib, with one bathroom and such tight quarters we opted for the 2 rooms connecting (hopefully). You can also do a family suite but in our case we'd be paying more money for it.
We had to pay the cat 2 rate for our second room.

ME! , Hubby , Cameron , Willow , Roselynn
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: