Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2008, 11:04 AM   #676
JB2K
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiteri View Post
I know it sounds silly, but with the price of the double stroller rentals going up to $31 a day, I will be bringing my own stroller from home, and on the monorail I don't have to empty it out and fold it up, so I was just wondering how hard of a walk that would be.
Not hard, at all -- I used one of the Jeep family of strollers for my little guy, this past trip, and it was very easy.

Nice, paved walkway from SoG to the Poly, then a quick elevator ride to the monorail platform -- no folding necessary!
Old 04-11-2008, 01:51 PM   #677
gibsontrio
DIS Veteran

the atm machines ... what bank are they??? We bank at Navy federal and I was wondering if they had atm charges

ME! , Hubby , Cameron , Willow , Roselynn
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-11-2008, 02:38 PM   #678
TBDave
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msslaydbug View Post
Does anyone have the post number for the bus schedule or could repost it for me ? I must have missed that ! Thanks
It was POST #604. That bus schedule was for Jan 20-26, so the times have probably changed. But it might give you an idea of what to expect.
Old 04-11-2008, 02:44 PM   #679
hildarumpole
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigAWL View Post
It looks like all the busses generally start at 8:30 except the bus for the park with morning EMH which departs at 7:30 (based on the bus schedule TBDave posted from January). How busy are those first buses in the morning, especially to the TTC? Does everyone usually manage to get on, or have you seen people left behind for the next bus?
The 1st TTC bus of the day isn't usually as busy as the other park buses.
It runs every 20 min., compared to the hourly rounds of the others, so it's not as big a deal if it's missed. One day, we couldn't get on the AK/BB bus. It was beyond packed, so we caught the Shady Shuttle and headed over to Poly and got the bus there. BB wasn't too busy that day, but we later heard from fellow SoG guests that AK was a nightmare. We noticed a correlation between bus crowds and park crowds.
Old 04-13-2008, 12:11 PM   #680
kiteri
is eternally grateful for the Dis!!!!

Can I ask what the Shady Shuttle is?
Old 04-13-2008, 12:54 PM   #681
bigAWL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiteri View Post
Can I ask what the Shady Shuttle is?
The newsletter describes it as:

"an 8 seat golf cart that transports guests around property. The shuttle runs from 8 AM to 6 PM except during inclement weather."

I've only heard of people using it to ride from the SOG front door to the end of the road (across the street from the Poly) or back.

1979 .......... Golf Resort
1984 .......... Hotel Royal Plaza
1989 .......... Offsite?
2007 Jun .................................................. .................................................. ................. Newport Bay Club
2008 May-Jun .. Shades of Green ................. Wonder 4-night Bahamas Double-dip
2009 Jul ...... Shades of Green ................. Magic 7-night E. Caribbean Tortola
2010 Jun ........................................ Magic 12-night Northern Europe
2010 Dec ...... Saratoga Springs Resort ......... Magic 11-night S. Caribbean Holiday
2011 Jul ........................................ Wonder 7-night Alaska .................... Villas at Grand Californian
2011 Oct ...... Polynesian - AKV Kidani
2012 Jun ...... Bay Lake Tower .................. Fantasy 7-night W. Caribbean
2013 Mar ...... Beach Club Villas - BLT ......... Dream 4/3-night Bahamas Back-to-Back
2014 Jun ........................................ Magic 12-night Med. Barcelona-Venice

Future Plans:

2015 Jan ...... Saratoga Springs Resort ......... Fantasy 7-night E. Caribbean San Juan
2015 Jun-Jul .................................... Magic 11-night Norwegian Fjords & Iceland
Old 04-13-2008, 02:03 PM   #682
crostorfer
Gryffindor Gal

Bed/Pillow Quality

I've read so much about the resort thus far, and I don't think anyone has commented on the comfort level of the beds or pillows. Are they up to par with the rest of the property or are they better or worse?

Old 04-13-2008, 02:09 PM   #683
crostorfer
Gryffindor Gal

Starbucks?

Also, I've heard a rumor that there is Starbucks available at the SOG, is there an actual Starbucks, a Starbucks stand, or is there just Starbucks coffee available at one of the restaraunts?

Old 04-13-2008, 02:16 PM   #684
TBDave
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by crostorfer View Post
Also, I've heard a rumor that there is Starbucks available at the SOG, is there an actual Starbucks, a Starbucks stand, or is there just Starbucks coffee available at one of the restaraunts?
There's a small stand called the Java Cafe that sells Starbucks drinks and pastries. It's next to the AAFES store and open in the mornings from 6am-1pm.

Here's a pic:

Last edited by TBDave; 04-13-2008 at 02:25 PM.
Old 04-13-2008, 05:17 PM   #685
gibsontrio
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBDave View Post
There's a small stand called the Java Cafe that sells Starbucks drinks and pastries.
AHHH ... they sure know what keeps us military folk happy on our vacation!!! word is you cant find a good cup of coffee, nevermind a starbucks anywhere else in wdw!!

ME! , Hubby , Cameron , Willow , Roselynn
Old 04-13-2008, 05:50 PM   #686
Mrsjvb
DIS Veteran

SoG services military members..and we all know the militray runs on coffee....
Old 04-13-2008, 09:37 PM   #687
meriann
Mouseketeer

Ok I have looked over the thread but can't find this answer. How early can you do a pre-check in and have them hold your bags while you go out and do other things before your room is ready?

We are driving down the day before our trip and staying with my best friend on a friday night then on Sat is when our ressie's start. The rest of our family is flying in to Orlando at 11am.

So we "thought" what would work best is if my hubby could drop the kids and I off at the hotel with our stuff, we have them hold our stuff, and we head to the pool while he goes to the airport to pick up the rest of the family.

is that do-able?

Old 04-14-2008, 07:39 AM   #688
Mrsjvb
DIS Veteran

probabaly.
our room was actually ready by noon when we checked in, but even if yours isn't it shouldn't be a huge issue I wouldn't think.
Old 04-14-2008, 07:43 AM   #689
iheartdisney
DIS Veteran

Shouldn' be a problem, I don't think! We checked in around 1:30, and were told our room wasn't ready yet, so I checked our bags, parked the car, and went to explore the hotel and grab some lunch. Then once we got our room, we called down and they brought our bags right up!
Old 04-14-2008, 12:17 PM   #690
hildarumpole
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crostorfer View Post
I've read so much about the resort thus far, and I don't think anyone has commented on the comfort level of the beds or pillows. Are they up to par with the rest of the property or are they better or worse?
The mattresses are fine. Not luxury pillow tops, but not bad either. I didn't wake up with an aching back or crink in my neck, so all was well. The pillows are average hotel pillows. I used two, because I like great big pillows. If you're really picky about your pillows, bring one from home if you can.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: