Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 05:45 AM   #616
bigAWL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taubkenswife View Post
Hi everyone i saw this board while looking up stuff about shades of green since i will be going on april 9th -12th for the first time and first time to disney world!! we are so excited. it will be myself, hubby, dd 5, dd 3, dd 7 months. so any advice or tips would be great!!!

Jennifer
Welcome! Your family sounds pretty much like mine, except my girls are 6, 4, and 1 this summer. I haven't been to SOG yet either, so I don't have any good tips for you. Other than to say there seems to be a lot of great info and tips throughout this thread. I suggest reading through as much of it as you have time for (if you haven't already). And then if you have any specific questions, feel free to ask here.

Then when you get back from your trip, we'd love to hear what you thought and if you have any tips of your own for the rest of us. I know I'd love to hear them.

1979 .......... Golf Resort
1984 .......... Hotel Royal Plaza
1989 .......... Offsite?
2007 Jun .................................................. .................................................. ................. Newport Bay Club
2008 May-Jun .. Shades of Green ................. Wonder 4-night Bahamas Double-dip
2009 Jul ...... Shades of Green ................. Magic 7-night E. Caribbean Tortola
2010 Jun ........................................ Magic 12-night Northern Europe
2010 Dec ...... Saratoga Springs Resort ......... Magic 11-night S. Caribbean Holiday
2011 Jul ........................................ Wonder 7-night Alaska .................... Villas at Grand Californian
2011 Oct ...... Polynesian - AKV Kidani
2012 Jun ...... Bay Lake Tower .................. Fantasy 7-night W. Caribbean
2013 Mar ...... Beach Club Villas - BLT ......... Dream 4/3-night Bahamas Back-to-Back
2014 Jun ........................................ Magic 12-night Med. Barcelona-Venice

Future Plans:

2015 Jan ...... Saratoga Springs Resort ......... Fantasy 7-night E. Caribbean San Juan
2015 Jun-Jul .................................... Magic 11-night Norwegian Fjords & Iceland
Old 04-04-2008, 07:59 AM   #617
ntsammy5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
i will be going on april 9th -12th for the first time and first time to disney world!! we are so excited. it will be myself, hubby, dd 5, dd 3, dd 7 months. so any advice or tips would be great!!!
The best advice I can give is take your time -- you won't be able to see everything so don't try. Relax and enjoy the experience.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-04-2008, 11:15 AM   #618
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Path to the Poly?

Does anyone have any photos of the path between SOG and the Poly? I've heard that it is well marked... could someone tell me if it is concrete or dirt?

I don't have a stroller, but someone in my party may bring one, just wondering if it is easy to navigate.

Thanks

D~
Old 04-04-2008, 11:32 AM   #619
hildarumpole
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
Does anyone have any photos of the path between SOG and the Poly? I've heard that it is well marked... could someone tell me if it is concrete or dirt?

I don't have a stroller, but someone in my party may bring one, just wondering if it is easy to navigate.

Thanks

D~
It's a paved pathway. You'll have to cross a street to get to the Poly. On the Poly property, there is a sign on the path pointing the way to SOG.
Old 04-04-2008, 12:42 PM   #620
Taubkenswife
Earning My Ears

Talking leaving in 4 days!

well i will be leaving in 4 days to SOG and i will take as much pictures as i can and try to get as much info as i can. any certain pics that anyone would like for me to take?

Jennifer
Old 04-04-2008, 02:34 PM   #621
DMGeurts

Quote:
well i will be leaving in 4 days to SOG and i will take as much pictures as i can and try to get as much info as i can. any certain pics that anyone would like for me to take?

Jennifer
Wow Jennifer!!! That is really nice of you to offer.

If you remember, could you snap one of the pathway to Poly (possibly from the end of the driveway of SOG)? I would really appreciate it.

Have a great trip!
D~
Old 04-04-2008, 05:23 PM   #622
Navy Disney Fan
US Navy Hospital Corpsman Chief (Retired)

Early Departure Fee

Can anyone comment on the early departure fee. I do not see it listed on any of the brochures or on the website. However, we left on a emergency and was charged this fee??

Thanks Everyone
Old 04-04-2008, 06:15 PM   #623
ntsammy5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
could you snap one of the pathway to Poly (possibly from the end of the driveway of SOG)?
Here's a couple of pictures taken from the Poly side of the street looking back at SOG. You can see the path & crosswalk -- it was taken during the marathon in January at about 7AM. It's never that crowded

The third picture is going to the TTC from the Poly.

Hope this helps.

[IMG]http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x95/*******IMG_0284.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x95/*******IMG_0281.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x95/*******IMG_0285.jpg[/IMG]
Old 04-05-2008, 01:27 AM   #624
ougrad86
OU Sooners Football Fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowillian View Post
We have a rule when we go to WDW - we cannot watch "real" tv. (We really don't watch tv, it's on when we're getting ready or going to bed, etc). We're only allowed to have the Disney info channels on or the weather channel. No reality for us!
Same with us. Weather channel went on in the morning, and then we checked again at night. We were in a hurry in the morn, and didn't come back until the evening, then too tired to watch TV - shower and bed, with a quick check for the weather the next day...
I still have no idea what happened around the world that week!

Disneyland off site 1973;WDW off site 1974 (band trip); WDW off site 1985; WDW SOG March 2006; WDW SOG Nov 2009 with friends; WDW AKL Oct/Nov 2010 with friends; Universal/WDW HRH Spring Break 2012 with friends; WDW AKL Nov 2012 with friends; WDW Coronado/Uni Portofino Spring Break 2014 with friends ! No New Ticker - college and Grand Canyon planning
Disney: so far into our heads, hopes and dreams that it is legendarily the Mouse that built the better people trap...
Old 04-05-2008, 02:46 AM   #625
bigAWL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navy Disney Fan View Post
Can anyone comment on the early departure fee. I do not see it listed on any of the brochures or on the website. However, we left on a emergency and was charged this fee??

Thanks Everyone
I found this on the official site under reservations:

"Cancellation and Modification of Reservations: Shades of Green has a 30-day change or cancellation policy. If you chose to change or cancel your reservations, you must contact Shades of Green at least 30 days prior to your arrival to avoid a forfeiture of your deposit."

1979 .......... Golf Resort
1984 .......... Hotel Royal Plaza
1989 .......... Offsite?
2007 Jun .................................................. .................................................. ................. Newport Bay Club
2008 May-Jun .. Shades of Green ................. Wonder 4-night Bahamas Double-dip
2009 Jul ...... Shades of Green ................. Magic 7-night E. Caribbean Tortola
2010 Jun ........................................ Magic 12-night Northern Europe
2010 Dec ...... Saratoga Springs Resort ......... Magic 11-night S. Caribbean Holiday
2011 Jul ........................................ Wonder 7-night Alaska .................... Villas at Grand Californian
2011 Oct ...... Polynesian - AKV Kidani
2012 Jun ...... Bay Lake Tower .................. Fantasy 7-night W. Caribbean
2013 Mar ...... Beach Club Villas - BLT ......... Dream 4/3-night Bahamas Back-to-Back
2014 Jun ........................................ Magic 12-night Med. Barcelona-Venice

Future Plans:

2015 Jan ...... Saratoga Springs Resort ......... Fantasy 7-night E. Caribbean San Juan
2015 Jun-Jul .................................... Magic 11-night Norwegian Fjords & Iceland
Old 04-05-2008, 08:35 AM   #626
DMGeurts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntsammy5 View Post
Here's a couple of pictures taken from the Poly side of the street looking back at SOG. You can see the path & crosswalk -- it was taken during the marathon in January at about 7AM. It's never that crowded

The third picture is going to the TTC from the Poly.

Hope this helps.
Thanks so much! THat was very helpful!

D~
Old 04-05-2008, 10:21 AM   #627
KatRob
Mouseketeer

[QUOTE=bigAWL;24254733]I found this on the official site under reservations:

"Cancellation and Modification of Reservations: Shades of Green has a 30-day change or cancellation policy. If you chose to change or cancel your reservations, you must contact Shades of Green at least 30 days prior to your arrival to avoid a forfeiture of your deposit."[/QUOTE

I have been told checking in and by reservation agents that if you tell them at check in that you need to leave earlier there is not a fee.

When I made my last reservation I asked about this because we may leave one day early and that's what I was told then.
Old 04-05-2008, 03:08 PM   #628
Msslaydbug
Can't wait to get back !!
I have got to learn to stop drinking water
I am such a bad cook I burn water

Has anyone used Garden Grocer for delivery to SOG ? We haven't decided on renting a van or using a Towncar service. I know either way we can do a grocery stop but it seems like it would be SO much better just to have someone else pick it all up and deliver it.

Disneyland 4/00 * 10/06 * 3/09 * 3/12 X's 2 * 05/12 **coming soon Paradise Pier 09/12**
Old 04-05-2008, 04:57 PM   #629
Lowillian
Mouseketeer

Forgive me if this has been covered - I hate when the threads get so long!

Has anyone eaten at the Italian restaurant there?
*Late 60s-71 - Several Day Trips to DL (I lived in SD) *Jan 1997 - Caribbean Beach (First Trip to WDW!) *Sep 1999 - Shades of Green Sep 2000 - Shades of Green Oct 2001 - Shades of Green/Polynesian *Sep 2002 - Polynesian Dec 2002 - Polynesian *Aug 2003 - Grand Californian (Honeymoon) *Apr 2004 - Polynesian *Oct 2004 - Polynesian *Apr 2005 - Polynesian *Jan 2006 -Animal Kingdom Lodge *May 2006 - Polynesian *Oct 2006 - Polynesian *Apr 2007 - Polynesian *Aug 2007 - Grand Floridian *Shades of Green Apr 2008*Aug 2008 - Polynesian*Jul 2009 - Wilderness Lodge*Apr 2010 - Polynesian *Dec 2010 - Wilderness Lodge
Old 04-05-2008, 04:59 PM   #630
Disneyfriend
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msslaydbug View Post
Has anyone used Garden Grocer for delivery to SOG ? We haven't decided on renting a van or using a Towncar service. I know either way we can do a grocery stop but it seems like it would be SO much better just to have someone else pick it all up and deliver it.
We used Garden Grocer during our last stay at SoG. They were accurate (on our very large order), polite, and delivered right to our door. We'll be using them next trip. No fumbling around a foreign supermarket for us . . . I think this is totally the way to go!

HTH!

Disneyland - 15+ times since childhood
WDW - Poly/AKL 2001; SoG 2006; SoG/AKL 2008; Poly/AKV 2010; AKV/BLT 2012
Aulani - Dec 2011 and April 2012

And new DVC owner!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: