Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2008, 09:08 AM   #331
MAGGIED
DIS Veteran

one thing I noticed at the AAFES store the last time we were there was that they had some Disney clothing... some that they sold in the parks.... and it was MUCH less money....

Old 02-28-2008, 09:13 AM   #332
milmom6
Loving DVC

SOG and discounts for other resorts

Hello fellow SOG lovers!!
We are now DVC members as well, but SOG still comes in handy. Not sure if this has been posted before, but wanted to make sure I let everyone know. If SOG is booked, they will get you into another Disney Resort at a discount.

I have OKW booked 3/23-3/28 and I wanted to get one more day somewhere so my boys could wake up Easter morning on Disney property. Well, I called SOG and since they were booked, they got me in the Carribean at a good discount! They will try value and all others, but this being Easter Week, all of the discounted rooms at value were taken.

Great Deal and one more perk of being military. Thanks SOG!!!

MK as child in 70s and 80s
Disneyland 2000 (son age 2)
All DW parks 2004 @ SOG (boys ages 2,6)
MK, New Years Eve 2006 @ SOG (boys ages 4,8)
Vero Beach, Summer 2007 (boys ages 4,8)
OKW studio 3/23-3/28 (boys 5,9)

Upcoming:
AKV and SSR (boys birthday surprise) 6/20 - 6/25
SSR 11/23-11/28 (boys will be 6, 10)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-28-2008, 01:38 PM   #333
gibsontrio
DIS Veteran

does it still book up that fast with the new addition? I feel lucky I got in!

ME! , Hubby , Cameron , Willow , Roselynn
Old 02-28-2008, 02:12 PM   #334
ntsammy5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibsontrio View Post
does it still book up that fast with the new addition? I feel lucky I got in!
Yes, at certain times it books fast -- especially over holidays. For our last trip in January, we went to watch our daughter run the marathon. Since she didn't decide to run until September, we were late in getting reservations. There were no rooms available for that weekend (actually 6 days for us) so we got a reservation at POP and kept trying for SoG. Well, about 2 weeks before we were planning to go a room freed up for SoG. Thank goodness we were able to get it! 4 of us stayed in the room the night before the marathon, DW, a good friend, DD's husband and me. Because we were at Shades we were able to see DD 3 times during the marathon without getting up at 3AM to do so. DD was able to stay alone in her room at CBR that night and no one disturbed her sleep. All-in-all, Shades was the BEST place to stay for that event.
Old 02-28-2008, 02:38 PM   #335
gibsontrio
DIS Veteran

wow . I would LOVE to run a marathon in WDW.. talk about scenery!!!

Old 02-28-2008, 03:04 PM   #336
ntsammy5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibsontrio View Post
wow . I would LOVE to run a marathon in WDW.. talk about scenery!!!
Yeah, they had bands, characters, AND they ran through all the parks -- it was quite an experience. The last marathon I ran all I saw was the person in front of me! Not very inspiring.
Old 02-28-2008, 03:44 PM   #337
bamagirl@hrt
DIS Veteran

Dining ADR Question

We'll be staying at SOG for the first time Thanksgiving week. I know that SOG shares some of the benefits of staying in a Disney resort, but not others. When making dining ADRs for Disney restaurants, can you make them 180 + 10 days? I'm just wondering if I can make all of my ADRs 180 days from my arrival or if I will have to call each day.

Thanks!
Old 02-28-2008, 03:49 PM   #338
JB2K
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by anewmac View Post
So you dont have to stay there to get the tix's there? And can you also use the PX if you dont stay there as long as you have a military id???
No -- ticket prices from SoG are the same, regardless of which WDW resort you decide to stay at. However, should you decide to stay off-property, there is a slightly different price structure.

As for the AAFES store, any ID card holder can shop there (just like at your home base!), which makes it a great benefit to have on WDW...
Old 02-28-2008, 04:49 PM   #339
my2princessgirls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamagirl@hrt View Post
We'll be staying at SOG for the first time Thanksgiving week. I know that SOG shares some of the benefits of staying in a Disney resort, but not others. When making dining ADRs for Disney restaurants, can you make them 180 + 10 days? I'm just wondering if I can make all of my ADRs 180 days from my arrival or if I will have to call each day.

Thanks!
No, unfortunately you can't do the 180 + 10, you have to call day-by-day. I got up every day for nearly 2 weeks in November making my ADRs for our May trip!
Old 02-28-2008, 05:29 PM   #340
BabyFu18
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by milmom6 View Post
Hello fellow SOG lovers!!
We are now DVC members as well, but SOG still comes in handy. Not sure if this has been posted before, but wanted to make sure I let everyone know. If SOG is booked, they will get you into another Disney Resort at a discount.

I have OKW booked 3/23-3/28 and I wanted to get one more day somewhere so my boys could wake up Easter morning on Disney property. Well, I called SOG and since they were booked, they got me in the Carribean at a good discount! They will try value and all others, but this being Easter Week, all of the discounted rooms at value were taken.

Great Deal and one more perk of being military. Thanks SOG!!!

Can I ask what your overflow rate was? When I asked about overflow rates the prices were not very good (and I could do better with some public codes disney puts out). SOG is still our best bet if we can get in, but what I've seen of overflow rates they aren't great. I'd love to hear if that's changed though.
Old 02-28-2008, 07:33 PM   #341
bdcp
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Thanks!
As my2princessgirls said, no, you can't, but I just waited until 180 from my last day (Nov'05) and got the ADR's I wanted at the times I wanted all in one phone call. Now, we weren't trying for CRT, but I did get Le Cellier Ohana, San Angel Inn and the SOA for dinner and CP and 50's PT for lunch with no problem. And we go in Nov and not at Thanksgiving so it's not as crowded, although when we checked in at Le Cellier, they weren't taking walkups at all. We are flexible about it since there's nowhere we absolutely have to get into for a meal.
Shades of Green Nov 08

Shades of Green Oct 11
Shades of Green Nov 13
Old 02-28-2008, 08:29 PM   #342
iheartdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyFu18 View Post
Can I ask what your overflow rate was? When I asked about overflow rates the prices were not very good (and I could do better with some public codes disney puts out). SOG is still our best bet if we can get in, but what I've seen of overflow rates they aren't great. I'd love to hear if that's changed though.
I don't think its as great as it used to be. I got Coronado for $199 a night, when the rack rate was $225, i think since it is the week before Easter. But I haven't given up on SOG cancellations for our trip!
I call weekly, and have already got one night transferred! (which knocks $100 off the total!
Old 02-29-2008, 09:07 AM   #343
Sleepy
I'll have to remember that one
Maybe I should start watching the news

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB2K View Post
No -- ticket prices from SoG are the same, regardless of which WDW resort you decide to stay at. However, should you decide to stay off-property, there is a slightly different price structure.
Just for a bit more clarity, all regular WDW tickets purchased at SOG cost the same regardless of if you stay at SOG, in a WDW hotel or in a hotel out in town. You MUST stay in a WDW hotel or SOG to purchase the Stars and Stripes passes.
Old 02-29-2008, 09:11 AM   #344
Sleepy
I'll have to remember that one
Maybe I should start watching the news

Quote:
I know that SOG shares some of the benefits of staying in a Disney resort, but not others. When making dining ADRs for Disney restaurants, can you make them 180 + 10 days? I'm just wondering if I can make all of my ADRs 180 days from my arrival or if I will have to call each day.

Thanks!
For those who are already at SOG and decide at the last minute to make a reservation at one of the WDW restaurants, SOG has a conceirge services that will make reservations for you as long as the availability is there. I just can't remember where the office is located.
Old 03-01-2008, 07:17 AM   #345
gibsontrio
DIS Veteran

bump!!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: