Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 11:15 AM   #256
KatRob
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartdisney View Post
Next question...Is the buffet as bad as they say?!/
The sides never seem to change. It was the same thing every time we went...year after year. And desserts did not really exist. Less than you would find at Golden Corral or Ryan's. Plain cookies just don't cut it for us.

I guess for me part of the problem was the cost of the buffet wasn't justified considering what you were offered.

We prefer Evergreens.
Old 02-20-2008, 03:56 PM   #257
Cinderella21
Mouseketeer

anyone know about internet connection??
Register to remove

Old 02-20-2008, 04:20 PM   #258
duketennisgal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella21 View Post
anyone know about internet connection??

That's a really good question and one I would like answered as well. How awesome would it be to have free wireless?
Old 02-20-2008, 04:36 PM   #259
Mrsjvb
DIS Veteran

it ain't free. i want to say $10/24 hours in the room plus there are some computers in the hallway near the Exchange.
Old 02-20-2008, 06:00 PM   #260
BabyFu18
DIS Veteran

Internet access is not free, like the above poster I do believe it's around $10 a day for internet access (even at the computers near the exchange).
Old 02-20-2008, 06:28 PM   #261
hildarumpole
DIS Veteran

Last June, the rate for internet access was $6.95/day. You can get broadband access in your room or wireless that works in hotspots around the pools and in the lobby. We did the broadband a couple days, then realized we were too busy and tired to bother with it. There are also public computers near the lobby. They can get pretty pricey if you need to use them much, but they have a printer. It's $6.95 for 15 min. I printed our airline boarding passes the day before we left. It cost about $2.00 for the computer time plus the printing fee.
Old 02-21-2008, 01:23 AM   #262
bigAWL
DIS Veteran

There's slightly more detailed internet info in post #1 of this thread under Special Services.

1979 .......... Golf Resort
1984 .......... Hotel Royal Plaza
1989 .......... Offsite?
2007 Jun .................................................. .................................................. ................. Newport Bay Club
2008 May-Jun .. Shades of Green ................. Wonder 4-night Bahamas Double-dip
2009 Jul ...... Shades of Green ................. Magic 7-night E. Caribbean Tortola
2010 Jun ........................................ Magic 12-night Northern Europe
2010 Dec ...... Saratoga Springs Resort ......... Magic 11-night S. Caribbean Holiday
2011 Jul ........................................ Wonder 7-night Alaska .................... Villas at Grand Californian
2011 Oct ...... Polynesian - AKV Kidani
2012 Jun ...... Bay Lake Tower .................. Fantasy 7-night W. Caribbean
2013 Mar ...... Beach Club Villas - BLT ......... Dream 4/3-night Bahamas Back-to-Back
2014 Jun ........................................ Magic 12-night Med. Barcelona-Venice

Future Plans:

2015 Jan ...... Saratoga Springs Resort ......... Fantasy 7-night E. Caribbean San Juan
2015 Jun-Jul .................................... Magic 11-night Norwegian Fjords & Iceland
Old 02-21-2008, 09:47 AM   #263
Minnie Lor
I feel that same comaraderie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatRob View Post
The sides never seem to change. It was the same thing every time we went...year after year. And desserts did not really exist. Less than you would find at Golden Corral or Ryan's. Plain cookies just don't cut it for us.

I guess for me part of the problem was the cost of the buffet wasn't justified considering what you were offered.

We prefer Evergreens.
Ditto that!

Oct '99: CSR via SOG ~ May '02: CR via SOG ~ Nov '04: SOG ~ May '06: SOG ~ Dec '07: Pop for MouseFest ~ May '08: Pop w/friends ~
Oct '08: SOG ~ Dec '09: Pop for DIS-A-Palooza ~ Sep '10: Solo @ Pop ~ May '11: AKV for 15th Anniversary ~ Mar '13: Tokyo Disney
Old 02-21-2008, 09:49 AM   #264
Minnie Lor

coffee pot

I remember that Shades has a coffee pot in the room but can't remember what size. I want to bring filters and good coffee from home.

Oct '99: CSR via SOG ~ May '02: CR via SOG ~ Nov '04: SOG ~ May '06: SOG ~ Dec '07: Pop for MouseFest ~ May '08: Pop w/friends ~
Oct '08: SOG ~ Dec '09: Pop for DIS-A-Palooza ~ Sep '10: Solo @ Pop ~ May '11: AKV for 15th Anniversary ~ Mar '13: Tokyo Disney
Old 02-21-2008, 09:49 AM   #265
ntsammy5
DIS Veteran

We ate the Seafood Buffet in January and it was good, but that was the first time in 15 visits that we ate the buffet.
Old 02-21-2008, 10:38 AM   #266
Disneyfriend
DIS Veteran

Can anybody tell me about the children's playground at SoG?

We never even made it there last trip - 2 of our kids were too old, and one was too young. This time we'll be travelling with a 15-month old and a 36-month old, so trips to the playground will probably be welcomed.

Thanks in advance!

Disneyland - 15+ times since childhood
WDW - Poly/AKL 2001; SoG 2006; SoG/AKL 2008; Poly/AKV 2010; AKV/BLT 2012
Aulani - Dec 2011 and April 2012

And new DVC owner!

Old 02-21-2008, 11:57 AM   #267
Sleepy
I'll have to remember that one
Maybe I should start watching the news

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfriend View Post
Can anybody tell me about the children's playground at SoG?
It is small. There is a picture of it on the SOG website. If memory serves me well, it is the same structure they had before they remodeled the hotel.
Old 02-21-2008, 01:18 PM   #268
hildarumpole
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie Lor View Post
I remember that Shades has a coffee pot in the room but can't remember what size. I want to bring filters and good coffee from home.
I think it's a 4-cup pot. It's pretty small. You might want to get some bottled water to make your coffee. The tap water has an odd taste and will ruin your good coffee.
Old 02-21-2008, 02:47 PM   #269
Minnie Lor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hildarumpole View Post
I think it's a 4-cup pot. It's pretty small. You might want to get some bottled water to make your coffee. The tap water has an odd taste and will ruin your good coffee.
I hadn't even thought about the water ruining the coffee. We drank the water on our last trip. We flavored the water with Crystal Light. The water tasted ok but then we got diarrhea. Stopped drinking the water ~ we were fine. Drank water and here it came. That's pretty bad. At the time, we wondered if it had to do with FL drought problem that they were going thru. Wonder if we'll go thru that again.

Old 02-21-2008, 06:10 PM   #270
Lesia
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepy View Post
Question........What animals have you seen on SOG property during your visits?

Other than a gator or 2 in or near the ponds, we have only seen ducks during our last visit.
I was leaving out a side door one evening, and saw a raccoon butt sticking out of a garbage can right by the door. he ran when I screamed. I went up to the second floor and watched to see if the little bugger came back. Yep!

We had a first floor room and had 2 small deer walk right by our patio door.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: