Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2009, 08:40 AM   #2296
buffettgirl
The whole tag thing, so 1990's internet *****. Why can't you say "f o r u m"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepy View Post
My opinion is that for the most part, counter service is counter service at WDW. It is all cheap mass produced food. You can get inadequate, cold and gross anywhere....not just SOG. Having eaten at several WDW hotel counter service and read the reviews on the dining board is evidence enough.
I totally agree. But it would be nice if SOG even HAD counter service. They have 2 empty sit down restaurants and 1 soon to be closed bar type restaurant. Counter service would be a step up.

I love everything about SOG. I love it's location. I love the transportation. I love the rooms. I love the atmosphere. I especially love the cost. Food is the only one thing I dislike. So I will always speak favorably about SOG. except when it comes to the food.
Old 01-28-2009, 10:50 AM   #2297
peytonsmomie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie Lor View Post
I gotta ask ~ where are you getting diet code red? We can't get it around here. The vendor said it was discontinued ??
Here in Nebraska we buy it by the 12 pack from our SuperTarget. We can also get it at No Frills, SuperWalmart, Albertson's and HyVee. Only in the cans though.

Gas stations in Kansas and Missouri, as well as Illinois, Indiana, Ohio and Pennsylvania have all been places where we've found it in 20oz bottles.

We were buying out the supply at Target every Tuesday (they were only getting in 4 12 packs a week!) so we asked the GM to stock more, since others might want some too. Now he brings in about 20 cases a week and they sell through them all. Helps that we've got a pepsi plant in town I guess.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-28-2009, 04:46 PM   #2298
btuftee
MK Obsessed

it will be interesting to see what the late-night food options are, if Evergreens is closing down - I'll get to find out for myself in a week or so! I'll report back here with my experiences.

I wonder if you can even get a pizza delivered inside WDW...
June 1980, Disney Village; Aug 1988, Polynesian; June 1994, Grand Floridian; October 1999, Wilderness Lodge; March 2003, Contemporary Resort; October 2006, Shades of Green; February 2009, Shades of Green; October 2009, DTD Hilton; October 2012, Wilderness Lodge
Old 01-28-2009, 04:57 PM   #2299
BridgetBordeaux
DIS Veteran

Hello btuftee,

Be sure to discuss the situation with lots of employees during your stay and try talking to a manager near the end of your stay. Affordable, flexible, casual, family food is something we need them to maintain. By voicing your concern, you could influence the situation.

...................and then tell'em we don't need no stinkin' spa!
POP Dec 2009, June/Sept 2010, June/Sept 2011, May/Sept 2012, May/Sept 2013, May/Sept 2014
Old 01-28-2009, 09:06 PM   #2300
btcrane
Today is the best day of my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BridgetBordeaux View Post
Hello btuftee,

...................and then tell'em we don't need no stinkin' spa!
TOTALLY AGREE! LOVE spas, just not interested in them at Disney...lots of other places to indulge, though, for those so inclined.... Would much prefer a casual atmosphere to share a drink and conversation...
Old 01-29-2009, 10:54 AM   #2301
buffettgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by btcrane View Post
TOTALLY AGREE! LOVE spas, just not interested in them at Disney...lots of other places to indulge, though, for those so inclined.... Would much prefer a casual atmosphere to share a drink and conversation...
totally agree. I love spa's too but Shades just isn't that type of resort.

Besides that - who is going to want a spa while next to a noisy pool?
Old 01-29-2009, 06:33 PM   #2302
Buddiebo
Earning My Ears

Does anyone have the correct information on the restaurant situation at SOG? I am heading that way in March and was looking forward to visiting Evergreens while out at the pool.

Thanks!
Old 01-29-2009, 07:15 PM   #2303
GOOFY4DONALD
DH finished his plate at 50's Prime Time. They were so proud they made it a Hidden Mickey!

I have a question for a friend. I am not a poster to this thread so please forgive the intrusion. My friend is considering SOG. She would like to know about the travel/shuttle situation. How do all of you get from the airport to SOG if you don't rent a car AND is there shuttle service to/from the parks or TTC?

Thanks so much
WDW 2012 FW Cabins

Old 01-29-2009, 07:28 PM   #2304
ntsammy5
DIS Veteran

We generally use Mears shuttle when we don't rent a car.

There is a bus to the TTC every 15 minutes or so and a bus to MGM, AK, DTD and the water parks every 1/2 hour. You can also walk to the Poly and pick up the monorail there. I believe it is the best transportation available. Haven't been to Shades in about a year, but I hear they got new buses too.

I's a great place to stay. We stay about every third trip!
Old 01-29-2009, 07:33 PM   #2305
GOOFY4DONALD
DH finished his plate at 50's Prime Time. They were so proud they made it a Hidden Mickey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntsammy5 View Post
We generally use Mears shuttle when we don't rent a car.

There is a bus to the TTC every 15 minutes or so and a bus to MGM, AK, DTD and the water parks every 1/2 hour. You can also walk to the Poly and pick up the monorail there. I believe it is the best transportation available. Haven't been to Shades in about a year, but I hear they got new buses too.

I's a great place to stay. We stay about every third trip!
Do you happen to know the ballpark cost for Mears shuttle?
WDW 2012 FW Cabins

Old 01-29-2009, 07:38 PM   #2306
ntsammy5
DIS Veteran

About $35/adult round trip IIRC
Old 01-29-2009, 07:49 PM   #2307
buffettgirl

we generally get mears and rent a private van and it usually costs less than a per person cost. so like 120 round trip or so (for 4 adults and 2 kids)

We adore the transportation in SOG - it's as good if not better than in the other resorts AND there's never a huge pushing shoving line. Plus, the men always give up their seats for the ladies and especially if you're on R&R or just coming back from the sand people "get" it (why you're sitting holding onto your DH for dear life...you know??)
Old 01-29-2009, 08:05 PM   #2308
KatRob
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddiebo View Post
Does anyone have the correct information on the restaurant situation at SOG? I am heading that way in March and was looking forward to visiting Evergreens while out at the pool.

Thanks!
I gotta say no at this point. I have sent several e-mail and had no response at all. That has never happened when I've contacted them before...I always heard back within 24 hour and sometimes actually one hour.

Those of us who have called have been given different info. The only thing consistant is it take place this weekend. Once the changes happen, we will find out the way we always do: Guests who post here after a visit. Once they figured they have screwed up messing with Evergreens we may get it back.

Right now I would say you have:
Garden Gallery breakfast/dinner
Express Cafe breakfast/lunch
Mangino's dinner
Old 01-29-2009, 09:16 PM   #2309
Buddiebo
Earning My Ears

Does the Cafe Express have similar lunch items as Evergreens?

Thanks again!
Old 01-29-2009, 09:56 PM   #2310
BridgetBordeaux
DIS Veteran

Somewhat similar, yet very different.

For lunch the express cafe offer something along the lines of a deli. All the usual cold cut sandwiches piled high with meat and even PBJ. They also can pack you a box lunch.They also have a large selection of canned/bottled drinks as well as some fresh fruit. Alcohol is available

Evergeens is like a typical sports bar and offers everything from a club sandwich to a large plate of chicken, nachos, burgers, fries etc.

If I have left out any major details, someone else speak up!
POP Dec 2009, June/Sept 2010, June/Sept 2011, May/Sept 2012, May/Sept 2013, May/Sept 2014
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: