Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2009, 07:24 PM   #2251
buffettgirl
The whole tag thing, so 1990's internet *****. Why can't you say "f o r u m"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire&TheBoys View Post
Can someone tell me about the breakfast buffet at the Garden Gallery?

I would like to know the price for adults and children, what is offered and what beverages are available (juices, milk, coffee, tea, soda).

Thanks!
most of that info is on the SOG website. Breakfast buffet was fine though and cheap. I'll tell you this - the food at the dinner buffet when we were there in 2006 was darn near inedible. The restaurant was EMPTY (this was christmas week, so no lack of people) . But breakfast was fine.
Old 01-24-2009, 07:48 AM   #2252
Poohbeck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire&TheBoys View Post
Can someone tell me about the breakfast buffet at the Garden Gallery?

I would like to know the price for adults and children, what is offered and what beverages are available (juices, milk, coffee, tea, soda).

Thanks!
We went the week before Thanksgiving and ate breakfast almost every morning at the Garden Gallery.

My boys were 10 and 11 at the time and they charged me for 2 children each time. I didn't ask, it's just how the bill came. If I remember correctly, we paid $38 for breakfast which included the buffet, drinks and the tip.

The buffet was great! Cereal, bagels, eggs, bacon, fresh fruit (mostly melon), pastry, waffles, pancakes, etc... We never walked away hungry!

I have to admit that the breakfast buffet at Chef Mickey's was better, but, at $140 I'll take the Garden Gallery any day!

Have fun. Wish we were going again.

Shades of Green - November 2008 for MVMCP
Fantasy World Villas - February 2006 - Non-Disney trip - Sea World, NASA & Busch Gardens
Shades of Green - November 2004 - Celebrated 10 year Anniversary a bit early
Shades of Green - April 2000
- 5 year Anniversary

Port Orleans - April 1995 - Honeymoon

Caribbean Beach Resort - March 1993
- College graduation gift to myself

Somewhere Off Site - Spring 1988 - High School Senior Trip

DH 42 (celebrated 40th at Disney!) Me- 40 (celebrated 40th on train going home from Orlando)
DS12 DS14
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-24-2009, 08:41 AM   #2253
Claire&TheBoys
The Queen of the Castle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poohbeck View Post
We went the week before Thanksgiving and ate breakfast almost every morning at the Garden Gallery.

My boys were 10 and 11 at the time and they charged me for 2 children each time. I didn't ask, it's just how the bill came. If I remember correctly, we paid $38 for breakfast which included the buffet, drinks and the tip.

The buffet was great! Cereal, bagels, eggs, bacon, fresh fruit (mostly melon), pastry, waffles, pancakes, etc... We never walked away hungry!

I have to admit that the breakfast buffet at Chef Mickey's was better, but, at $140 I'll take the Garden Gallery any day!

Have fun. Wish we were going again.
Thank you so much! That was exactly what I wanted to know, and I could not find it on the SOG website. We probably won't do that every day of our trip, but maybe once or twice.

I hope you get to plan another trip soon!

Coming up: Long weekend at CSR for Veterans' Day

"You see, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes. They're shining deep down inside you... because that, my friends, is where the magic lives."

More than 25 trips to Disney World since age 4, including:
Jan 2014: OKW - Feb 2013 (DPHM): CSR - Sept 2012: Pop - Nov 2011: Pop - May 2011: CSR - Jan 2011: All-Star Sports - May 2010: Pop Century - Nov 2009: Wilderness Lodge - May 2009: Shades of Green -
Aug/Sept 2008: CSR - Jan 2008: POFQ - Sept 2007: CSR - Sept 2004: FWCabins - Sept 2003: CSR - Jan 1997: Honeymoon at Westgate - Plus many trips as a child at FW!
Old 01-24-2009, 05:18 PM   #2254
BridgetBordeaux
DIS Veteran

Hello buffettgirl,

I agree their breakfast buffet is tasty and affordable. One glitch we found was that it was tough to make the 7:30am bus to the am EMH park, so we did this a few mornings instead............

The little express food/sandwich shop near the bus loading area opens at 6am (i think the buffet opened at 7 am). My DH would go down there and buy a bunch of freshly made (to order) breakfast sandwiches. He would bring them back to the room and we would have our own cereal and juice with the warm food he just bought. The decision was based on time management issues and not on the price.
POP Dec 2009, June/Sept 2010, June/Sept 2011, May/Sept 2012, May/Sept 2013, May/Sept 2014
Old 01-25-2009, 02:52 AM   #2255
KatRob
Mouseketeer

Since my group isn't big on breakfast we always bring cereal and pick up milk downstairs. Timing for the bus was always the issue for us and that way it worked pretty good.

I remember a few times when it was closer to 7:15 or later when the GG opened and it messed us up royally. I hate rushing anyone through a meal to make a bus. However, as my DD gotten older, we have taken on the "walk to the Poly" attitude. But this last trip we didn't walk over at all. It seemed that we coordinated our schedules better and used the bus every time.
Old 01-25-2009, 09:52 AM   #2256
buffettgirl
The whole tag thing, so 1990's internet *****. Why can't you say "f o r u m"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BridgetBordeaux View Post
Hello buffettgirl,

I agree their breakfast buffet is tasty and affordable. One glitch we found was that it was tough to make the 7:30am bus to the am EMH park, so we did this a few mornings instead............

The little express food/sandwich shop near the bus loading area opens at 6am (i think the buffet opened at 7 am). My DH would go down there and buy a bunch of freshly made (to order) breakfast sandwiches. He would bring them back to the room and we would have our own cereal and juice with the warm food he just bought. The decision was based on time management issues and not on the price.
you're reading my mind because that's exactly what I told dh we're going to do this trip. Now, my family enjoys a big breakfast - it's something we never get at home EVER but trying to get to EMH after sitting for a sit down breakfast just doesn't happen. So this year I told dh we're going to pick up cereal and then pick up light breakfast items at the express. So much easier. (but my kids are still dreaming of making their own waffles on that waffle iron)

FWIW - when we were there in 2006 the man that owned the express was so nice. (from what I gathered, he simply leases the space from SOG) and one day I asked if he had any plain drinkable yogurt - I explained that my son had diabetes and plain drinkable yogurt was something that my son loved before bedtime and helped keep his blood sugar stable at night and that we were really missing it on our trip. He asked what brand he liked and I told him, and the next day as we were walking past he showed me he had 6 bottles of it. He was so kind to do that for us!
Old 01-25-2009, 03:18 PM   #2257
tiggerlover
Still waiting for "the talk"
I do like an occasional bowl of Lucky Charms
Mom, why do these pancakes taste like Downey?
Shares her tarts

I am wondering if there are refrigerators in the rooms? My boys aren't big breakfast eaters and I follow Weight Watchers so I would like to bring some cereal from home and then buy some milk to keep in the room.

Thanks.

*~*~*~*~*Weight Watchers*~*~*~*~*
51.4 pounds lost since beginning WISH 2/18/03
70 pounds lost since Sept. 2002
Regained 24.4 lbs., 7/25/06
Lost the weight and made WW Lifetime - 5/24/07

UPDATE
5/24/11 *** 4 years at goal and currently 10 pounds under, total weight loss to date, 70 pounds.
Old 01-25-2009, 03:29 PM   #2258
ntsammy5
DIS Veteran

Why yes, yes there are!
Old 01-25-2009, 04:04 PM   #2259
Mrsjvb
DIS Veteran

I just made my ressies for 26 September -1 October.. for the week after our cruise. I am most bummed about the loss of Evergreen's. does anyone know if they are planning on re opening the bar/lounge that was over by the Ice cream shop back up?

we would always wind down our day with a few rinks at the bar at Evergreen's and will be most disappointed if there is nothing like that option any more. it's where we had the BEST conversations with people....
Old 01-25-2009, 04:48 PM   #2260
KatRob
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrsjvb View Post
I just made my ressies for 26 September -1 October.. for the week after our cruise. I am most bummed about the loss of Evergreen's. does anyone know if they are planning on re opening the bar/lounge that was over by the Ice cream shop back up?

we would always wind down our day with a few rinks at the bar at Evergreen's and will be most disappointed if there is nothing like that option any more. it's where we had the BEST conversations with people....
Several of us have tried to contact SOG to get more info about Evergreen's, no response from them so far. Nothing has been mentioned about Eagles reopening. Maybe they will get around to answering everyone's questions soon. Oh, yeah, since they are suppose to close on Feb 1, they need to let us know what the real plan is.
Old 01-25-2009, 06:50 PM   #2261
wendypooh
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
Cajun Tinkerbell Princess
Tag Toggler
Loves kissing Tag Fairy butt ;)

In regard to the walking path to the Poly - what room locations are nearest to that? My DS made reservations today - but there were no magnolia pool view rooms avail. so, he'd like to request nearest to the "walkway" - if that makes sense. He assumes walking to the Poly may be on occasion better than waiting for a bus?

Also, if anyone could tell me how the buses work - is it like staying at a WDW resort? Basically, are there buses for each park? How does it work?

Thanks so much for all of your help!!!

I have to say - SOG from the photo's and post I've read looks beautiful.

ETA: I did find a resort map - if that helps anyone with telling me what location I'm looking for.
Old 01-25-2009, 06:59 PM   #2262
Mrsjvb
DIS Veteran

Buses: to TTC run every fifteen minutes. all the others run once an hour and go directly to the park.. I know the DTD bus shares with a water park or two if I recall correctly.

the walk to Poly and the monorail is like ten minutes. we used the DTD bus a lot and was very happy with the punctuality. the drop off point wasn't so hot..but at the same time, was away from all the OTHER DoPs so there wasn't a whole lotta crowding going on.

we never seemed to time any of the other buses very well so ended up using the monorail or taking a bus to Poly and then walking back across the street. tack on another 10-15 minutes if you want to go to Grand Floridian. but oh man is the view/walk NICE.....
as for location.. we preferred the old wing near Evergreens, buts since that's no longer an option( or won't be by the time we get there, we'll just wing it.
Old 01-25-2009, 07:07 PM   #2263
Buddiebo
Earning My Ears

I've stay at SOG 4 times over the years. I've never seen the "golf cart" that will give you a ride up the road when walking back from the Poly. Does it run certain hours, etc? I've love to catch a ride on it sometime, as we normally walk back and forth to catch the monorail.
Old 01-25-2009, 07:16 PM   #2264
edk35
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddiebo View Post
I've stay at SOG 4 times over the years. I've never seen the "golf cart" that will give you a ride up the road when walking back from the Poly. Does it run certain hours, etc? I've love to catch a ride on it sometime, as we normally walk back and forth to catch the monorail.

Bell Services runs that. Just stop by on your way as you would walk to Poly and see if they can give you a ride. Sometimes they are out on a ride but will pick you up as you are walking.

DVC MEMBERS SINCE JAN. 2007

Aug 14 OKW/SOG Aug 13 OKW/Providence Golf Club Villas March 13 SSR/AKV July 12 BLT/SSR May 12 SOG
March/April 12 Windsor Hills
Jan. 12 VWL (1/20-1/28) Jan. 12 POR (1/6/-1/11) Jan. 11 OKW July 10 SOG/SSR/VERO July 09 POLY/BCV/AKV Jan. 09 OKW Nov. 08 SSR/ASMU MVMCP July 08 OKW/BCV Jan. 08 SOG Nov. 07 SSR MVMCP Aug. 07 SSR/BWV P&PP Jan. 07 SOG BECAME DVC MEMBERS!!!
Nov. 05 SOG/CSR Jan. 05 SOG Nov. 02 CR May 98 Poly May 95 SOG Dec. 93 CR Dec. 92 CBR July 92 Dixie Landing First Family Trip Off Site 87,86,82 (Single With Friends)
Old 01-25-2009, 07:42 PM   #2265
KatRob
Mouseketeer

It's called the Shady Shuttle.

As to location...unless you are on the back end of either building it just isn't that much of a walk. Looking at the map of the resort it just doesn't look that much different. I've stayed in each building and we prefer the new side because of the parking garage. I hate to drag my bags through the lobby to go to the older side.

You still have to go out the front door to walk to the Poly. In 11 years I haven't seen a shortcut (doesn't mean there isn't one) that would get you there faster from any particular side.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: