Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2008, 07:57 PM   #211
tinkerbell1967
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepy View Post
Absolutely. Just call the reservations number and they will give you the address. We usually just send a check. It can take a little while to process though. They will send you a new e-mail confirmation showing the new deposit amount paid. We always have our room paid in full before we arrive.
Thank you. I would rather have it paid in full before we arrive so this is good news!
November 2000-Coronado Springs
October 2002-Offsite
August 2003-All Star Movies
August 2004-Offsite
December 2007-Port Orleans Riverside
October 2008-All Star Movies
August 2009-Pop Century
October 2009-Vistana -Springs
October 2011-Vistana-Courts
October 2012-Vistana -Courts
March 2013-Vistana Village
October 2013-Vistana -Courts
October 2014-Vistana-Courts
Old 02-14-2008, 09:34 PM   #212
tinkerbell1967
DIS Veteran

I could not find the price of hopper tickets through Shades of Green, anyone know how much say a 4 or 5 day hopper would be??
November 2000-Coronado Springs
October 2002-Offsite
August 2003-All Star Movies
August 2004-Offsite
December 2007-Port Orleans Riverside
October 2008-All Star Movies
August 2009-Pop Century
October 2009-Vistana -Springs
October 2011-Vistana-Courts
October 2012-Vistana -Courts
March 2013-Vistana Village
October 2013-Vistana -Courts
October 2014-Vistana-Courts
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-14-2008, 09:40 PM   #213
Maine-iac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell1967 View Post
I could not find the price of hopper tickets through Shades of Green, anyone know how much say a 4 or 5 day hopper would be??
Go here and click on the down arrow of the amount of days you are looking for
http://www.shadesofgreen.org/WDW.htm

Old 02-16-2008, 01:06 AM   #214
suevee
I am in a frenzy!
A year later was in the same fix

This is such an informative thread I thought I would give it a little bump in the night.....

treehouses '86, SoG 2000, Sog 2002, CR 2003, CR and Poly 2004, Sog 2005, 2006, 2007, March 2008, June 2008, Sog for Feb/Mar 2009, and Oct 2009 thanks to military Salute!!....Following Husband's wishes ...trip in March 2012 with grandson...Family trip in June 2012...
Old 02-16-2008, 04:54 AM   #215
Sleepy
I'll have to remember that one
Maybe I should start watching the news

Quote:
Originally Posted by suevee View Post
This is such an informative thread I thought I would give it a little bump in the night.....
Thanks. I did the same after seeing so many new questions popping up on page 1 the other day. (I think this thread was on page 7 ) Maybe if we all can keep an eye on this thread and give it a bump every now and then, we can assure it does not get lost forever.
Old 02-16-2008, 08:58 AM   #216
Maine-iac
DIS Veteran

Ok I have a question. We booked poolside rooms for our trip in April. I would rather be by the Magolia pool. Should we call and ask for that specific area?

Old 02-16-2008, 09:05 AM   #217
gibsontrio
DIS Veteran

Here's a question.. I have 6 people in my party. 4 adults, one 5 yr old and a 2 yr old who will be in a crib. I booked 2 rooms. Was that nessesary?? I was looking on the united we stand thread and a woman had 6 people in her party 2 adults 3 big kids and one crib child said she booked one room. How many people can fit in a room and does my 2 yr old count as a "person" . If I could save 500+ dollars on cancelling one room then I would much rather just have the one room . My husband and I could sleep on one bed, My mom and my 5 yr old could sleep in another bed, my mil in the pullout and the baby in the crib??

ME! , Hubby , Cameron , Willow , Roselynn
Old 02-16-2008, 09:34 AM   #218
Sleepy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maine-iac View Post
Ok I have a question. We booked poolside rooms for our trip in April. I would rather be by the Magolia pool. Should we call and ask for that specific area?
Yes, call reservations and have them place the request on the reservation that you want the Magnolia poolside. Not a guarantee that you will get it, but so far (knock on wood) I have always gotten what I have requested.
Old 02-16-2008, 09:39 AM   #219
bdcp
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibsontrio View Post
Here's a question.. I have 6 people in my party. 4 adults, one 5 yr old and a 2 yr old who will be in a crib. I booked 2 rooms. Was that nessesary?? I was looking on the united we stand thread and a woman had 6 people in her party 2 adults 3 big kids and one crib child said she booked one room. How many people can fit in a room and does my 2 yr old count as a "person" . If I could save 500+ dollars on cancelling one room then I would much rather just have the one room . My husband and I could sleep on one bed, My mom and my 5 yr old could sleep in another bed, my mil in the pullout and the baby in the crib??
There's a difference between 2 adults and 4 adults. They didn't ask how many people when you booked the room? I would call, but I wouldn't want to stay in a room with that many people and only 1 bathroom. The rooms are a good size, but my guess is there's a limit on how many to a room. Rooms are usually double occupancy (adults). The woman who had two adults and 4 children is to me a typical family (larger than most) but two adults with children.
Shades of Green Nov 08

Shades of Green Oct 11
Shades of Green Nov 13
Old 02-16-2008, 10:00 AM   #220
Sleepy

Quote:
Here's a question.. I have 6 people in my party. 4 adults, one 5 yr old and a 2 yr old who will be in a crib. I booked 2 rooms. Was that nessesary??
I don't know the answer, but I e-mailed SOG for the official answer. They should respond on Monday and I can post the answer then.

The website says 5 GUESTS per room. My guess is a "guest" means a person of any age. I could be wrong and that is why I have e-mailed for the official answer.

In the past we have done 3 adults and 2 kids (above age 6). It was pretty cramped. Bathroom rotations had to be executed like a ballet, but it was doable as long as everyone is considerate of others needs (and that did not always happen). When I say doable, I mean we managed, but the vacation would have been much better (less stressful) had we reserved 2 rooms rather than trying to save some money and crowd in one. If you do qualify for one room, just make sure you don't get a handicapped room. You need the sinks to be outside the room containing the toilet/tub with that many people.
Old 02-16-2008, 10:32 AM   #221
iheartdisney
DIS Veteran

I am SOOOO excited! I emailed SOG for an overflow rate, and I got a room! I finally got a room! ( I don't plan vacations far enough in advance to get a room at sog!)
So a few Questions...
1. Do rooms have a fridge, or can they be requested?
2. We have 2 adults, 5 children, and requested connecting rooms. Is there a way to bolt the second door so the kids cannot escape unnoticed?
3. How far a hike is it to the boat dock or monorail at the Poly? Everytime we've ever tried to go from the Poly to SOG to buy our tickets, we end up wandering lost in the woods for 2 hours!
Thanks!
Old 02-16-2008, 11:55 AM   #222
Blythep
Always ready to go to Disney

Just trying to clear up a question that I have as I have gotten conflicting answers. I would like to purchase our tickets using a personal check at the ticket counter. We are active duty Air Force. The person at ticket sales who called me back said yes we could do that, but the person I emailed at the resort said no, but could cash a check at the front desk, does anyone know the answer to this question? Thanks for you help.
Pop Century -Sept 2005
Pop Century - March 2006
Pop Century - Sept 2007 (20th Anniversary)
Pop Century - October 2007 (1 night) MNSSHP (By myself) for work
Pop Century - Feb 25 - Mar 1 2008 (very quick planned trip)
Pop Century - June 8-15 2009 Son graduation trip
All Star Movies - Mar 2010 Band Trip
Port Orleans Riverside - Sept 24-Oct 1 2010
Pop Century - March 2012 (Band Trip)
Port Orleans Riverside - Nov/Dec 2012 25th Anniversary trip

Disney Fantasy - December 2012 Western Caribbean - 25th Anniversary trip
Wonder/Pop - Oct 2-6 Girls Only Weekend (MNSSHP)
2009 - Pop Century - DS Graduation
Old 02-16-2008, 01:03 PM   #223
gibsontrio
DIS Veteran

we will probably keep the second room (for my sanity to get some space away from my snoring MIL) but I would like to stilll know the answer. We also requested connecting rooms. I wonder if its first come first serve or if it goes by order?? Did anyone else request a connecting room and actually get it?

ME! , Hubby , Cameron , Willow , Roselynn
Old 02-16-2008, 04:49 PM   #224
bkreitzel
Mouseketeer

we used the SOG crib for our one year old...it was an older one w/ metal bars...i seriously doubt it would work for a two year old. does anyone know of a place you can rent baby stuff for your disney vacation stay?
Old 02-16-2008, 06:08 PM   #225
bdcp
DIS Veteran

Quote:
we will probably keep the second room (for my sanity to get some space away from my snoring MIL) but I would like to stilll know the answer. We also requested connecting rooms. I wonder if its first come first serve or if it goes by order?? Did anyone else request a connecting room and actually get it?
From other threads I've read, they can't guarantee connecting rooms but they do try to honor requests.
Shades of Green Nov 08

Shades of Green Oct 11
Shades of Green Nov 13
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: