Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-30-2008, 01:12 PM   #1996
TotalSnowWhite
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4nana View Post
We're back from our wonderful Thanksgiving family trip!!!

Have so many wonderful memories of trip and Shades of Green Resort!

Will be back later with lots of photos!!!!
Is your signature picture in the Poly tree?

Can't wait to hear more! We'll be there in three days!!!!!

Old 11-30-2008, 08:43 PM   #1997
4nana
God Bless America, Land of the Free, Because of the Brave. Godspeed and thanks to our troops and their families for their sacrifices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotalSnowWhite View Post
Is your signature picture in the Poly tree?

Can't wait to hear more! We'll be there in three days!!!!!
Yes, our PP photos were at the Poly. She took 75 beach, tree, and castle shots of our grand gathering. It's difficult to get 17 in a descent shot at once, let alone all smiling, so we were please with our pics!!

Have a magical trip and I'll try to get some pics up soon!

PS ~ love your cute siggie pics!
Blessed with 4 loving kiddos & IL's, 13 sweet grands, 50 Golden Years & Anniv. cruise gift....PRICELESS!!

There are two lasting bequests we can give our children & grandchildren: 'One is roots, the other is wings'.
~~~~~
Life is a journey ~ love makes the trip worthwhile

Grandchildren are God's reward for being a parent

"For He shall give the angels charge over thee, to keep thee safe in all thy ways" Psalms 91:11

For my dear Mom in heaven
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-30-2008, 09:50 PM   #1998
TotalSnowWhite
DIS Veteran

We took ours at the Poly in May. We were staying there and loved the grounds, so it was a no-brainer. Our session ended up being free, so that was an added bonus.

Here's our tree pic (and why I recognized yours! ):

See, it's difficult to get six people to look at the camera at the same time, too!

Old 12-01-2008, 11:10 PM   #1999
4nana
God Bless America, Land of the Free, Because of the Brave. Godspeed and thanks to our troops and their families for their sacrifices.

Greetings everyone!

We are back from our most wonderful Thanksgiving grand gathering trip making lots of special memories and have lots of pics to share soon as I catch up.

SoG: I had read many positive and negative reports during the last year of researching and I will begin by saying, we were most pleased and thought SoG was indeed a wonderful resort!! We consider ourselves very blessed to be qualified to stay at such a wonderful place among so many nice people and can’t say enough good things about this resort! We had great service, bountiful food, beautiful grounds, 480sf rooms w/2 comfy queen beds, plus pull out sleep sofa, fridge, coffee pot and patios! Who could ask for more?!

Rooms: Our family had requested 1st floor connecting rooms 1 yr out, near kiddie pool in old section, but as you're aware, rooms are not assigned until you arrive. Upon our arrival and entering our rooms, opening our big sliding door drapes, it was heaven sent with a big yard for grands to romp and only 5 doors down from heated Mickey pool! We joked about having uninvited front row seats for a wedding taking place in gazebo, as bride walked past our rooms . Believe me, it was absolute bliss to come back to the quite peacefulness of SoG to unwind after a busy noisy day at parks and hit the uncrowded pools/hot tubs or slip into our most very comfy beds!!

Food: I had also read - and + about their food ~ all tho we mostly had ADR’s thru Disney, the few times we ate at SoG felt it was a good selection, very tasty, and easy on the wallet. Imagine my surprise to magically have make your own Mickey waffles at breakfast buffet !? Who said ‘SoG offered no magic’?!

Buses: Had also heard many negatives about them. The ones we took were newish, spotless, and timely. They fill quickly, so you need to get there early on outbound, also seems some days they run hourly from park to SoG, so if you miss it, you had to wait or find alternative. Yes, it takes time to get to the parks from SoG, a 15 min walk to catch tram at Poly, but it was very suitable for us.

Bathrooms: very sizable, w'hairdryer, shower dispenser for soap and shampoo.

Weather: great 70/75* during day and 40/50* nights...comfortable temps to swim.

With 17 family members on our wonderful trip, 5 cameras and 3 videos, needless to say we have over 2,000 pictures. Also had a 1 hr photopass session at Poly we were most pleased with if anyone is interested or needs info. I have many photos to share of SoG, CTR luncheon, our Grand 1 Yacht fireworks cruise, BBB and parades, etc. if anyone is interested.

I hope my report will help some one else in their planning stages.
Trust me, we really enjoyed ourselves and our family would go back in a heart beat!!
Blessed with 4 loving kiddos & IL's, 13 sweet grands, 50 Golden Years & Anniv. cruise gift....PRICELESS!!

There are two lasting bequests we can give our children & grandchildren: 'One is roots, the other is wings'.
~~~~~

"For He shall give the angels charge over thee, to keep thee safe in all thy ways" Psalms 91:11

Last edited by 4nana; 12-01-2008 at 11:17 PM.
Old 12-02-2008, 01:10 AM   #2000
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4nana View Post
Yes, our PP photos were at the Poly. She took 75 beach, tree, and castle shots of our grand gathering. It's difficult to get 17 in a descent shot at once, let alone all smiling, so we were please with our pics!!

Have a magical trip and I'll try to get some pics up soon!

PS ~ love your cute siggie pics!
What a fun photo in your siggie! I'm gald you had a great time!
Old 12-03-2008, 08:32 AM   #2001
4nana

Hello again!

I've rec'd several pm's asking to see my SoG photos, so am in process of editing them so they don't take up so much space. Hope you enjoy!

Lobby in it's C'mas glory.

Lobby C'mas tree

Lobby TV entertaining our grands while we register

~~~~~

Old 12-03-2008, 08:50 AM   #2002
4nana

480sf rooms have 2 very compy queen beds

Pull out love seat, perfect for ur 4yo DGS,
but would easily sleep an adult or 2 small children

We requested old section, which has half wall room dividers

This photo gives you more idea of room lay out

Small fridge was convenient for water, juices and milk.

Very large cosets, with a safe large enough to hold a laptop

The roomy bathrooms were great, incl: hair dryer w/clock,
soap & shampoo dispenser in shower

Two sets of our rooms were connecting, we love the advantages

~~~~~

Last edited by 4nana; 12-03-2008 at 08:57 AM.
Old 12-03-2008, 08:56 AM   #2003
KatRob
Mouseketeer

Nice pictures. I had wondered what the tree would look like this year...we arrive in 15 days. Can't wait to get back "home" to SOG!!
Old 12-03-2008, 09:02 AM   #2004
4nana

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatRob View Post
Nice pictures. I had wondered what the tree would look like this year...we arrive in 15 days. Can't wait to get back "home" to SOG!!
Thx, KatRob! Yes, the lobby is beautiful in it's C'mas glory! Know you'll have a wonderful trip!

~~~~~

Old 12-03-2008, 09:15 AM   #2005
4nana

View from our room was most peaceful

Each room had a nice patio

We had 5 first floor rooms, w/grounds for the grands to romp

Also had front row seats to a wedding just outside our room :

That's all I have time for now, time to take my little DGS to library story time. More later!

~~~~~

Old 12-03-2008, 09:49 AM   #2006
mom2jcc
Castle Suite Memories Forever!

Thanks, 4Nana!!!!!
Oh, this is really getting me in the mood.

Between buying the last few items on the packing list, getting Santa finished and the actual PACKING...well, looking at your pics is a treat!!!

10 Days
Old 12-03-2008, 11:05 AM   #2007
bigAWL
DIS Veteran

Thanks 4nana! I think those are the best photos of room details that I've seen. I didn't take any photos in my room at all. I need to fix that next time.

1979 .......... Golf Resort
1984 .......... Hotel Royal Plaza
1989 .......... Offsite?
2007 Jun .................................................. .................................................. ................. Newport Bay Club
2008 May-Jun .. Shades of Green ................. Wonder 4-night Bahamas Double-dip
2009 Jul ...... Shades of Green ................. Magic 7-night E. Caribbean Tortola
2010 Jun ........................................ Magic 12-night Northern Europe
2010 Dec ...... Saratoga Springs Resort ......... Magic 11-night S. Caribbean Holiday
2011 Jul ........................................ Wonder 7-night Alaska .................... Villas at Grand Californian
2011 Oct ...... Polynesian - AKV Kidani
2012 Jun ...... Bay Lake Tower .................. Fantasy 7-night W. Caribbean
2013 Mar ...... Beach Club Villas - BLT ......... Dream 4/3-night Bahamas Back-to-Back
2014 Jun ........................................ Magic 12-night Med. Barcelona-Venice

Future Plans:

2015 Jan ...... Saratoga Springs Resort ......... Fantasy 7-night E. Caribbean San Juan
2015 Jun-Jul .................................... Magic 11-night Norwegian Fjords & Iceland
Old 12-03-2008, 11:24 AM   #2008
4nana

Now for the restaurants ~

Mangino's

The Garden Gallery entrance

Buffet breakfast $9.00 w/coffee/juice xtra,
Dinner buffet started at $11 thru $20

I was very surprised to see make your own MM waffles!!
Yes, I like strawberries, what can I say!?

Club snd's from Evergreen's (by pool) was some of the best I've had!
I'm drooling and wishing for one!!

~~~~~

Old 12-03-2008, 11:33 AM   #2009
4nana

Now, for the pools ~

The adult pool

Grands loved the Mickey pool

The hot tub was so relaxing after a day at the psrks.
It is much bigger than it looks, would seat 6+ easily.

DH and I really enjoyed pool side massages...ahhh!

Time for lunch ~ more later!

~~~~~

Old 12-03-2008, 02:29 PM   #2010
4nana

SoG wild life ~

Please do not feed the alligators
This was a baby, did not get pictures of the larges ones in pond

The colorful fishes

DH & DGS enjoyed feeding the wild turkeys

Anyone know what kind of bird this is?

~~~~~

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: