Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2008, 09:08 PM   #1891
KatRob
Mouseketeer

Christmas guests

Okay, I'll add to this and move it around as you let me know:

ArmyMouse: Dec 1-11
TotalSnowWhite: Dec 3-7
nrsldy: Dec: 12-16
mom2jcc: Dec. 13-21
twinboymommy: Dec. 21-31
katrob: Dec 18-21; 24-26
scmileyfan: Dec 24-30

Last edited by KatRob; 11-10-2008 at 10:29 AM.
Old 11-09-2008, 09:14 PM   #1892
KatRob
Mouseketeer

Scmileyfan,
Welcome to SOG and the SOG forum. You will love the place. There are reasons some of us keep coming back year after year. There just isn't anything like it.

We'll be re-checking in on the same day you arrive. Congratulations on getting a room at this late date, I made my ressies right after Christmas last year.
Register to remove

Old 11-09-2008, 10:01 PM   #1893
TroyE
Mouseketeer

As a prior AF member I would have loved to stay at SOG, but the only time per year veterans are allowed doesn't fit in our schedule. It is good to see a forum based on this program, it was nice to see they had this at Disney.

Old 11-10-2008, 02:20 AM   #1894
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvinBelle View Post
Thanks for the encouragement! I'm starting to think I know NOTHING about my topic. But I'm neurotic, so it's to be expected, I guess And I can't wait to not worry about anything and have fun!!!

I haven't worn my tennis shoes in a while either, so in addition to the heaviness & wetness I should definitely consider that. I can't believe I was actually in a store looking for a fanny-pack yesterday! Hubby says he still has his from LONG LONG LONG ago but has to find it. I almost hope he can't find it in the attic

Thank you everyone for all of your advice! We may look for cheap Crocs after church today. I hope we have enough time to break them in? I wonder if anyone has ever defended a thesis in Crocs? hmmm

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!
NO! STEP AWAY FROM THE FANNY PACK! Really, people do notice. Just sayin' There are lots of small bags out there that you can wear across your body - they fit under the Seat belts at disney, or go easily in the pockets provided on the rides - they are lightweight and fashionable. I have a liz claiborne that holds a camera and sunglasses, and has an organizer pocket, and I have a little bigger no name one that holds a water bottle.

As for shoes, I love my Mickey crocs! The only thing that doesn't make my feet and legs hurt - but I do have a hard time with shoes. I started to get a blister from the metal thingy one day - had to wear socks Luckily the fashion police were MIA that day! I was glad, actually, because it rained, and the socks were the only thing that kept them on my feet while I ran through the knee deep water!

As for your panic, focus on your thesis defense - then take a deep breath and cross one thing off your list at a time - you'll be fine!
Old 11-10-2008, 07:09 AM   #1895
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by seabee View Post
I did notice that our trees were rather naked. Your right, it was very hard to come back to the cold, dreary weather. I just reread my post, I didn't mean to sound so bad about Evergreens. We did have some stuff that was good there.

Dorrine, I looked for you too, but never saw you. We had to have crossed eachother's paths and just never noticed. Glad you had a great trip! We are heading back for halloween 09 again. We love it that time of year as well. We won't be staying at SOG this time though, we are bringing the camper down and staying at the fort. Either way, it will be a great time I'm sure!

I am sure that we crossed paths too.... I can't remember your room #, but I think you may have been right below us.

D~
Old 11-10-2008, 07:14 AM   #1896
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvinBelle View Post
Hello everyone! I'm beginning to freak out! We have 7 days and I'm not ready yet!!

We haven't set our itinerary, checked for reservations, etc. --- I just don't know what to do! I'm in post-graduate school & have to defend my thesis on Wednesday. With that and homeschooling, I've been extremely busy! I haven't had time to post or read all of the pages since my last post.

So I'll probably have a lot of questions in this next week as we try to prepare.

#1. What do you use to carry all of your stuff around the parks? I don't want to lug a backpack or purse (if you saw how much I pack you'd understand!) This is very embarrassing, but does anyone carry a...a... fanny-pack? The thought is horrible, but I don't see any other option... We will have wallets, keys, camera, etc. It's me, DH, & DD - 9 yrs.

#2. What kind of shoes do you wear around the parks? Sandals? Tennis shoes? Heaven-forbid, Crocs?

I'm sure there's more to ask, but that's all my neurotic brain can think of at the moment My mind will be clear Wednesday night but I fear it will be too late!

Thanks!

Nikki -- pray for me please!
I carried the Vera Bradley hipster, and I loved it! I loved the thicker strap, which is adjustable, because it was comfy on my shoulder and didn't rub my neck. I carried it across my body and it never bothered my back. I was able to carry all of my essentials in it, I attached a carabiner clip to the strap, as well, to attach shopping bags (but I never needed too, they were all small enough to fit in the bag). Best of all, was the I could go to the restroom and not have to remove everything (where when I wore a fanny pack it was always such a pain).

You will have a fantastic trip, I'm sure!

D~
Old 11-10-2008, 07:23 AM   #1897
ArmyMouse
Earning My Ears

Add My Dates

This will be my first post !
Dec 1 through Dec 11..

My Second trip to SOG, We have three trips scheduled in the next 12 Months.
Just cant beat the price at SOG.
Old 11-10-2008, 11:46 AM   #1898
scmileyfan
Miley's biggest SC fan

Are the doors metal? Can we hang magnets/decorations on them? Just wondering!

Any hints for packing for SoG? Hair dryer? Toaster? Nightlite? Extra hangers etc? Too excited for this trip!

Swimming in dec okay? And how about child care? Or meeting up with other Dissers? And laundry machines - cost????
Old 11-10-2008, 12:16 PM   #1899
TotalSnowWhite
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyMouse View Post
This will be my first post !
Dec 1 through Dec 11..

My Second trip to SOG, We have three trips scheduled in the next 12 Months.
Just cant beat the price at SOG.
Maybe we'll see ya there!! We've requested a pool room, so look for a brown family by the pool (hopefully it's nice enough to swim...DS would be so sad if he couldn't, especially since we can use SAB while at YC!!).

Old 11-10-2008, 12:31 PM   #1900
ArmyMouse
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotalSnowWhite View Post
Maybe we'll see ya there!! We've requested a pool room, so look for a brown family by the pool (hopefully it's nice enough to swim...DS would be so sad if he couldn't, especially since we can use SAB while at YC!!).
Well if you see 2 early 50 teens going up early and out late that should be us !!
Old 11-10-2008, 01:41 PM   #1901
KatRob
Mouseketeer

I do not believe decorating the doors is smiled on. I have never seen it at SOG. Think military not Disney. Inside the room you can probably get away with it, that's what we are planning on doing. I started picking up light stuff that wouldn't take up much space.

Toasters are not allowed in rooms. You will have a coffee pot and fridge, but "cooking" is not allowed in the rooms. There is a microwave in the laundry rooms. I haven't had an issue with the hairdryers provided. We don't hang everything--there are tons of drawers--but if you have alot of hanging things you may want to bring some.

We have been swimming in Jan. so Dec. should be alright.
Old 11-10-2008, 02:57 PM   #1902
scmileyfan
Miley's biggest SC fan

KatRob
Thank you for that info. I will be decorating inside with a little 12" tree, a few lights and our stockings...maybe hanging off the dresser handles.
I just wasn't sure about the door. Less to pack! Yahoo.
I went thrifting today and found about a dozen pair of pajama bottoms for my 9yr old, most disney store! I don't know where the tops were and we looked! So i will hit the Disigns and just make matching shirts for her.
Then I have to make matching for my son and his dad. And I have to collect all the little gifts I have stashed around the house for the stockings. And all the halloween candy I got for pennies on the dollar to make treat bags, and
HELP! I have 45 days and I'm in panic mode - is there a dashing around crazy smilie????
Old 11-10-2008, 03:07 PM   #1903
KatRob
Mouseketeer

At least you have 45 days. I have a concert this weekend in Atlanta that I have had tickets for since March 31!! And then we start the SOG countdown. We have a cruise squashed into our visit (arrive 18th, cruise on 21st, back on 24th) and I keep thinking I have to get organized real soon or something will get left out for sure.

SOG doesn't have childcare. I believe you can use it at the other resorts (Poly's right at the end of the driveway). You may want to make ressies early. For the life of me I don't remember how much the laundry ran even though I use it every time (and plan to use it before the cruise). I would rather travel with clean stuff any day of the week. Who wants to come back to dirties that have been locked in a bag, in the trunk of a car for days.
Old 11-10-2008, 04:58 PM   #1904
SallyfromDE
DIS Veteran

My family and my sisters used SoG at Easter of 2005. None of us cared for it. It had nothing to do with Disney magic. We just thought it wasn't much better then a Holiday Inn. Just blah. Colorless and monotone. The food in the resturant was lousy and the buses, not the service, left alot to be desired. We think they used old Disney buses since it was Easter week, and most of the seats were torn with stuffing coming out. The ONLY way either of us would stay there again, would be during a key period like Easter. Saw alot of people with ressie problems when we were checking out. And we got conflicting info at the desk several times. Not impressed at all. Don't get why people think this place is awesome?
Old 11-10-2008, 05:32 PM   #1905
LuvinBelle
Earning My Ears

Thanks everyone for the responses!

I spent the day today trying on ....Crocs... I ended up getting some Mary Jane styled ones...so scary. And we DID get a fanny-pack But my hubby will carry it so it's sorta okay I needed something he would want to carry.

So please don't laugh at us if you see us running around! Look for the family in Crocs with socks and a fanny pack!

We have ADRs for Kona on our 1st night! Hopefully we'll be there in time since we're driving there.

Thanks again! 5 days!

[img]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/iz6m8tdf7jdhygbu.png[/img]

Me DH DD
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: