Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 12:32 AM   #1861
Sleepy
I'll have to remember that one
Maybe I should start watching the news

We have only been in the old section of the hotel and have gotten a handicapped room 50% of the time. I agree with calling the hotel and having ADA added to your reservation. Let them know there is a mobility issue and you need something by the garage.

You have to go through the lobby to get to the shuttle area, so maybe ask for something close to the lobby in the new section w/ADA. Really depends on what you feel is best.

The handicapped rooms means your bathroom will be very large. The tub/shower/single sink will be in that one room and there will be no double sink outside the bathroom.
Old 11-05-2008, 06:58 AM   #1862
TyTyandMickey
Earning My Ears

What a beautuful hotel. I like it very much.

2007 BWV, 2008 OKW, 2008 BCV, 2009 BCV, 2009 SSR, 2010 BWV Spring Break
I am a DISNEY FREAK!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-05-2008, 08:13 AM   #1863
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maine-iac View Post
Welcome home DMGeurts! Glad you had a good trip. Shouldn't Seabee be back by now?
Thanks.... Yes, I think that Seabea should be home... I did keep my open for her while I was at SoG, but never did see her.

D~
Old 11-05-2008, 08:20 AM   #1864
DMGeurts

Gosh, I just have to say... We are already planning another trip - this last one was so great....

Secondly, don't hesitate on the photopass - it is awesome. We had 285 photos taken in the parks, and already I've made them into 750, and I still have more to edit! That is more photos than we took on our last trip, and not only that, each and every photo is a picture of a person in our family either meeting a character or standing by a landmark... great photos. Well worth the $100 price tag, and if you tell the photographers that you alredy purchased the CD, they make a great effort to take more photos and put extras in them. We also found that if you were especially nice to them (character and handlers too) they were especially nice to you. The one photographer in front of the castle, we told her that we intended for her photos of us to be our holiday photo this year, and she said "no pressure?" and then took about 20 shots of us... it was really neat~

D~
Old 11-05-2008, 09:50 AM   #1865
KatRob
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
Gosh, I just have to say... We are already planning another trip - this last one was so great....
The one photographer in front of the castle, we told her that we intended for her photos of us to be our holiday photo this year, and she said "no pressure?" and then took about 20 shots of us... it was really neat~

D~
Years ago before they had Photopass, we had a very early breakfast at the castle. We passed on the photo because "park" pictures were not in our budget. When I started to take a shot of my DD and DH I was interruped by the photographer (I swear he looked and sounded just like Gary Marshall) who said, get over there and let me do it. We got a great pic (still the screensaver on one computer) and a sweet memory.
Old 11-05-2008, 01:58 PM   #1866
mom2jcc
Castle Suite Memories Forever!

Wow, that is alot of photos!! We didn't have much luck seeing the photographers last trip and only got about 8 pics total So, there must be alot more of them now. Do you have any tips for us? I was hoping to get our Christmas photo there, too. I never thought about actually telling the photographer that this will be IT hopefully...thanks for that great tip.
Old 11-05-2008, 03:43 PM   #1867
DMGeurts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2jcc View Post
Wow, that is alot of photos!! We didn't have much luck seeing the photographers last trip and only got about 8 pics total So, there must be alot more of them now. Do you have any tips for us? I was hoping to get our Christmas photo there, too. I never thought about actually telling the photographer that this will be IT hopefully...thanks for that great tip.
Well, every time we saw a photographer, we got our photo taken - if there were several in an area, we would try to get a couple of different photographers. We almost made a game out of it - my theory was that I paid so much for htis, I am going to get my $$ worth... kwim? Also, we did a lot of character autographs... every character (except two - rafiki and Terk) had a photopass photographer with them, so we made sure that they got a few photos as well. We also took advantage of the ones that were out for MNSSHP, they did some pretty neat stuff.

My advise, if you see a photographer, stop for 3 minutes, get your photo done, and go about the rest of your day. We never went off of our path to have our photo taken, but we did make sure that the ones we did cross paths with took our picture.

D~
Old 11-06-2008, 11:45 AM   #1868
ougrad86
OU Sooners Football Fan!

November 2009

Yeh!! Made reservations for the 1st week of November 2009 four ourselves and our friends! Now we can relax and start planning our trip! Can't wait to get back to SOG and WDW!

Disneyland off site 1973;WDW off site 1974 (band trip); WDW off site 1985; WDW SOG March 2006; WDW SOG Nov 2009 with friends; WDW AKL Oct/Nov 2010 with friends; Universal/WDW HRH Spring Break 2012 with friends; WDW AKL Nov 2012 with friends; WDW Coronado/Uni Portofino Spring Break 2014 with friends ! No New Ticker - college and Grand Canyon planning
Disney: so far into our heads, hopes and dreams that it is legendarily the Mouse that built the better people trap...
Old 11-06-2008, 01:55 PM   #1869
DMGeurts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ougrad86 View Post
Yeh!! Made reservations for the 1st week of November 2009 four ourselves and our friends! Now we can relax and start planning our trip! Can't wait to get back to SOG and WDW!
Congrats.... We are dying to go the last week of October (2009) again... We love going during Halloween!

D~
Old 11-06-2008, 03:27 PM   #1870
seabee
Signmaker extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie Lor View Post

I was expecting thick breaded rings or the beer battered kind where the crust falls off. It just wasn't to my taste. They were thick cut onion, dipped in a thick batter and fried. Mine turned out really greasy and I thought the batter locked in extra grease.

We got back last week from our stay at SOG. We had a great room in the new section, on the first floor. We sat out on our patio and watched a deer run around, bunnies hopping everywhere, an alligator in the pond-who would also be out sunning in the morning, and even 2 armedillos. It was easy to get to the pool, we just went out the sliding door and crossed the walkway. It was actually quicker to get to the lobby that way too. We would just use the elevator near the buffet.

The rings use to be really good beer battered, but this year they were a disappointment for me too. Also, you use to be able to order a foot and take it out to the pool area on the stick with all the yummy sauces at the base. Not anymore, I got a few onion rings in a styrofoam container with no sauce. When I asked about it they gave me honey mustard in a packet. No yummy sauces. I have always liked Evergreens, but I really wasn't impressed this time, they were REALLY slow, and the food wasn't as great as I remembered. But that's ok, we still had a wonderful time. The kids LOVED feeding the HUGE koi. They were new since our last trip. Hope all of you going down for the holidays have a great time. SOG is beautiful that time of year. Heck, all of Disney is! Man, I want to go back!
Old 11-06-2008, 03:39 PM   #1871
ntsammy5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by seabee View Post
We sat out on our patio and watched a deer run around, bunnies hopping everywhere, an alligator in the pond-who would also be out sunning in the morning, and even 2 armedillos.!
Those animatronic animals are GREAT!

Glad you had a great time. We're going tomorrow, but staying through AFVC.
Old 11-06-2008, 04:25 PM   #1872
mom2jcc

Thanks for the review!! Going in 5 weeks....seems so far away still, but so much to do between now and then
Old 11-06-2008, 04:29 PM   #1873
mom2jcc

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntsammy5 View Post
Those animatronic animals are GREAT!

Glad you had a great time. We're going tomorrow, but staying through AFVC.
Oh, would like a report on that when you return
Never used AFVC, but might in the future for even more space.
Old 11-06-2008, 05:23 PM   #1874
4nana
God Bless America, Land of the Free, Because of the Brave. Godspeed and thanks to our troops and their families for their sacrifices.

Thx for the informative updates DMGeurts, TBDave and seebee.

They are much appreciated and sounds like everyone had a great time! Really looking forward to your photos. As we have a grand gathering of 17, have purchased 2 PP photo settings at the Poly, right before our Spirit of Aloha dinner show, so glad to hear your PP was a positive experience DMGeurts.

Can't believe after 18 mos of planning everything is falling in to place and our count down only a couple weeks away!!! We will be celebrating 5 BD's, so have some nice ADR's and surprises in store also. I'm so excited for the opportunity to make some magical memories with our family, see Disney through our sweet grands eyes and have turkey with Mickey!?!?!
Blessed with 4 loving kiddos & IL's, 13 sweet grands, 50 Golden Years & Anniv. cruise gift....PRICELESS!!

There are two lasting bequests we can give our children & grandchildren: 'One is roots, the other is wings'.
~~~~~
Life is a journey ~ love makes the trip worthwhile

Grandchildren are God's reward for being a parent

"For He shall give the angels charge over thee, to keep thee safe in all thy ways" Psalms 91:11

For my dear Mom in heaven

Last edited by 4nana; 11-06-2008 at 05:28 PM.
Old 11-06-2008, 06:22 PM   #1875
Maine-iac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by seabee View Post
We got back last week from our stay at SOG. We had a great room in the new section, on the first floor. We sat out on our patio and watched a deer run around, bunnies hopping everywhere, an alligator in the pond-who would also be out sunning in the morning, and even 2 armedillos. It was easy to get to the pool, we just went out the sliding door and crossed the walkway. It was actually quicker to get to the lobby that way too. We would just use the elevator near the buffet.

The rings use to be really good beer battered, but this year they were a disappointment for me too. Also, you use to be able to order a foot and take it out to the pool area on the stick with all the yummy sauces at the base. Not anymore, I got a few onion rings in a styrofoam container with no sauce. When I asked about it they gave me honey mustard in a packet. No yummy sauces. I have always liked Evergreens, but I really wasn't impressed this time, they were REALLY slow, and the food wasn't as great as I remembered. But that's ok, we still had a wonderful time. The kids LOVED feeding the HUGE koi. They were new since our last trip. Hope all of you going down for the holidays have a great time. SOG is beautiful that time of year. Heck, all of Disney is! Man, I want to go back!
I really enjoyed the turkey club from Evergreens. You are right the rings are not what they used to be. They used to feed quite a few people.
Sorry you had to come home. We probably lost a lot of leaves while you were gone.
The one thing I love about going during April vacation is that the trees usually have leaves or buds on them when we get home. It makes it not so hard to come home knowing summer is right around the corner.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: